Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Little things to get excited about!

Little things to get excited about!

Old Feb 14th 2006, 7:45 am
Just Joined

LouLou_07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Little things to get excited about!

Hi!

My partner and I had our visa approved Feb 3rd and are heading off to Oz in 2 months (April 15th)

As I know you're all aware, at this point there are an endless amount of BIG things to organise and think about...ie selling the car, getting rid of all the junk i've accumalated over the years, money, saying goodbye to loved ones, and generally being exstatic about starting a new life down under.

But...What are the silly little things you're all looking forward to?

For me it's Woodstock and Bourbon cans, Greenseas Tuna Salsa and being able to wear flip flops all day! (my feet are getting quite excited about this!)

Such tiny things, but making me smile as I sit here wrappedlike an eskimo!

Lou Lou
Old Feb 14th 2006, 7:57 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Little things to get excited about!

Originally Posted by LouLou_07
For me it's Woodstock and Bourbon cans, Greenseas Tuna Salsa and being able to wear flip flops all day! (my feet are getting quite excited about this!)
In Queensland shoes are optional remember - also think thongs - not flip flops
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:02 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to living in a one storey property! House sad is that?!!

The Flip Flops (sorry thongs!) will also be a biggy for me - if I could wear them all year round in the UK then I would - I love em!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:07 am
Warrington Cheshire

Need 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really nice

We are looking forward to the kids looking and feeling healthy.

They are both very very pale throughout the winter , but as soon as they get in that sunshine, they are full of energy!!!!!!!

Wildlife, and getting used to the new culture - cant wait
Angela n Paul
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

A thing to try not to do is walk around a shoping mall with nothing on your feet or a top on with your beer belly hanging out
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:14 am
ABCDiamond

Wear Sandals or Thongs etc all day every day for a couple of years, and your feet will never like to be enclosed in shoes again.

Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Little things to get excited about!

Originally Posted by Need 2 Move
We are looking forward to the kids looking and feeling healthy.

They are both very very pale throughout the winter , but as soon as they get in that sunshine, they are full of energy!!!!!!!

Wildlife, and getting used to the new culture - cant wait
Angela n Paul
Know exactly what you mean!
I know too much sun isn't good for you but a bit of a tan and sunshine makes you look and feel that little bit more alive! Also looking foraward to the sound of the sea!!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Well sitting here at the moment surrounded by chaos because we are organising what needs to be ready for the packers on Friday and leaving next Wednesday. If I brush away all my nervous negative thoughts of what ifs, the things I am really looking forward to is for my daughter to experience a different lifestyle (and my son when he decides to join us), to be able to Bbq whenever we feel like it and be able to walk on the beach. We lived in South Africa for many years before returning to the UK so looking forward to a slightly similar lifestyle ie the outdoor entertaining, not having to be constantly wrapped up in layers of clothes. We are also determined that whatever obstacles come our way we will have to ride through them.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Im looking forward to seeing my sister(and b.i.law).im looking forward to seeing the kids faces as they get excited in a new country.Im looking forward to seeing husbands face when he wakes up on a sunny morning.And for me i cant wait to buy a new house as we have been nearly renting for a year.xx irishbloo
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:20 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Wear Sandals or Thongs etc all day every day for a couple of years, and your feet will never like to be enclosed in shoes again.
I wear Oakley slides all-year round over here mate - and drive bare-foot. Think you'll find a lot of us surfer-type chaps and chapesses do. Get a few funny looks in the supermarket, but I know that Arkon's in Australia and so my feet are safe.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:39 am
Scottish and a Mum

Scottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hutch
I wear Oakley slides all-year round over here mate - and drive bare-foot. Think you'll find a lot of us surfer-type chaps and chapesses do. Get a few funny looks in the supermarket, but I know that Arkon's in Australia and so my feet are safe.
Ooooooo luxury flip flops (okay thongs) all year round!

I cannae wait!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 11:02 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

No need to buy thongs.
Attached Thumbnails Little things to get excited about!-niceshoes.jpg  
Old Feb 14th 2006, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

airlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really nice
Talking Re: Little things to get excited about!

Originally Posted by jib
No need to buy thongs.
HEEHEE! HAHAHAHA!! .... When you run out of mixers for your Jim Beams and Cokes ay?!!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: Little things to get excited about!

Originally Posted by jib
No need to buy thongs.
Hee hee! I just bought some last week actually...they're not quite as attractive as those though!

Just thought of another silly thing i can't wait to have over there:

A Frosty Fruits Ice lolly! Sitting in the sun! yay!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

airlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by LouLou_07
Hee hee! I just bought some last week actually...they're not quite as attractive as those though!

Just thought of another silly thing i can't wait to have over there:

A Frosty Fruits Ice lolly! Sitting in the sun! yay!
...how about Seafood the way it's supposed to be?...fresh and HUGE!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.