Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast

Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast

Old May 26th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of
Default Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone is currently living in the Little Mountain area, QLD or has visited there or hopes to move there themselves.
We are looking to move over there in January and would appreciate any info on schools, work, life in general, etc. We have a 9 and 7 year old.
We have rellies living in Currimundi but think it may be a bit pricey around there for us so have been looking at Little Mountain area.

Cheers
Jo
Old May 26th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Default Re: Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast

Hi, we're looking at the Sunshine coast around Mountain Creek, Buderim area. Are going out on a student visa so will be attending the sunshine Coast TAFE. I have 2 boys 8 & 10 yrs who'll hopefully go to Mountain Creek Primary.

Hoping to leave end of May 09. What about you, what visa ?
Old May 27th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi, we're looking at the Sunshine coast around Mountain Creek, Buderim area. Are going out on a student visa so will be attending the sunshine Coast TAFE. I have 2 boys 8 & 10 yrs who'll hopefully go to Mountain Creek Primary.

Hiya,

We have had PR visa since February 2007 but due to unforeseen circumstances have had to delay going over to Oz until January. But we can't wait to get over there!!
Sold our house in Novemner 2006 and feel like we have been in limbo ever since!

Hope everything goes well for you,

Cheers
Jo
Old May 27th 2008, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joeyb
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone is currently living in the Little Mountain area, QLD or has visited there or hopes to move there themselves.
We are looking to move over there in January and would appreciate any info on schools, work, life in general, etc. We have a 9 and 7 year old.
We have rellies living in Currimundi but think it may be a bit pricey around there for us so have been looking at Little Mountain area.

Cheers
Jo
We live in Little mountain. Ivadale lakes to be precise.Its a great place to live. Meridan school is new and most of the kids ride to school on thier bicycles.The area has 2 lovely lakes and is mostly all new housing.Very quite and peaceful.5mins from dicky beach and 10 fron kings in Caloundra.If u want any other info please feel free to pm me
Raven
Old May 27th 2008, 9:30 am
Just Joined

The deans is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone

Cheers
Jo
Hi Joeyb,

we are currently living in Kawana Forest which is close to little mountain (approx 4 miles), we have been in oz for nearly 6 months now, we like the little mountain area & would look to buy a house there when the time is right (better exchange rate). there is a school which is very close to little mountain which is only 2 years old & goes from prep right through to end of high school, the school is called Meridan state school/college. we looked at putting our two children there (age 8 & 11) but was just outside the catchment area which they only just changed & now does not include Kawana Forest, our children go to Talara Primary College which you might also be in there catchment area.

To look for house prices the best place is www.realestate.com.au ,which you might already know about.

in general the Caloundra area is nice place to live with plenty on beaches, shops & close to the highway. Brisbane is only 1 hour away (on a good day) & plenty of other areas to visit further north or inland.

hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else i could help you with.

Paul.
Old May 27th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

fific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stumpysean

Hi - just to let you know I work at the TAFE - full of poms on student visas you should fit in nicely.
Old May 27th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by fific
Hi - just to let you know I work at the TAFE - full of poms on student visas you should fit in nicely.

lol, Thanks!

I'm actually considering the Welfare Worker course in Nambour now. How far away is that to Mountain Creek area?
Old May 28th 2008, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

sklinky will become famous soon enough

It's about 45 minutes each way, so I think it's a bit far.
I would suggest Bli Bli which is where we are building,is about 10 minutes from Nambour and a great investment area which is on the up!!!
If you need more info on areas PM me as I can access the government database on property sales/rentals.
It has loads of info such as suburb statistics,sales history,sales statistics etc
Let me know!!!!
Old May 28th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sklinky
It's about 45 minutes each way, so I think it's a bit far.
I would suggest Bli Bli which is where we are building,is about 10 minutes from Nambour and a great investment area which is on the up!!!
If you need more info on areas PM me as I can access the government database on property sales/rentals.
It has loads of info such as suburb statistics,sales history,sales statistics etc
Let me know!!!!
45 minutes from Nambour to Mountain creek. What are u going on the back of a tortoise?. Its about 15 mins at most
Old May 28th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raven
45 minutes from Nambour to Mountain creek. What are u going on the back of a tortoise?. Its about 15 mins at most
lol, so it's about 15 mins away?

Thanks for the info, its so hard to judge distances when looking at google maps!!!
Old May 28th 2008, 11:22 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Hi everyone

Cheers
Jo
Before we moved in we were warned (actually, warned is a little harsh, more advised) that some areas of Little Mountain were going downhill. Whatever that might mean we don't have anything particularly negative to say about the area. The only thing that gets on my wick is the kids who buy these TNT sweets and drop the bloody wrappers everywhere (horrible garish pink/green wrappers), so not exactly stabbings in London-type bother.

We find the school quite impressive. The facilities are top notch, our daughter's teacher is really nice, and the Head is keen on manners.

Little Mountain also has good access to the Caloudra Road, which is useful if you're commuting up/down the Highway to work.

If i had my time again, i think i would make the effort to get a house on the beach side of the Nicklin Way. You can get mostly 3 bed houses, a few years older, perhaps needing a lick of paint and some TLC for about the same price as a 4 bed "ready to go" place in Little Mountain, but having lived here for a while, i reckon the pleasure i, and the wife and kids would get from being able to walk down to Currimundi Lake and the beaches next door would be well worth it.
Old May 28th 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, everyone, for your replies.
We hope to meet some of you when we finally get over in January. We are really looking forward to it.

Cheers
Jo