British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Little Mountain Queensland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/little-mountain-queensland-625191/)

Elaine B. Aug 12th 2009 2:54 pm

Little Mountain Queensland

Does anyone knows this area? I'm trying to find out some info for my mum and dad. They are going to be there in March for a holiday (to stay with my uncle) so I thought I'd ask you guys if you can recommend any touristy things to do. Plus does anyone know if there is public transit in the area they are both in their 70's and would be too nervous to drive.

Any help appreciated.:)

aussiedreamer Aug 12th 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Little Mountain Queensland

Lovely area and close to the coast and Caloundra. Some of the other posters on here would be able to tell you more. Depends on what they are after. Australia Zoo isn't to far away and there is definately a bus service there. I've just bought a business there and due to move in January so sorry can't help further.

JANE

Elaine B. Aug 12th 2009 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer (Post 7837389)
Lovely area and close to the coast and Caloundra. Some of the other posters on here would be able to tell you more. Depends on what they are after. Australia Zoo isn't to far away and there is definately a bus service there. I've just bought a business there and due to move in January so sorry can't help further.

JANE

Thanks Jane I'm just glad somebody has actually heard of the place;)

jad n rich Aug 12th 2009 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Elaine B. (Post 7837557)
Thanks Jane I'm just glad somebody has actually heard of the place;)

Its just an older area of caloundra, there are lots of posts on the area, have a search all sorts of info will pop up.

Bus service, hmm, most areas of the coast have a hourly bus service, that is quite limited, ie day hours only, ( maroochydore.chancellor university are better than most, half hourly probably till 9pm) . Buses stick to the main routes, not many go into estates, a bit of a walk may find them on a bus route, I know the main drag into caloundra the buses go along there into town, maroochy, kawana etc..

Free bus would go to aus zoo, buses from central caloundra go to all the main areas plus brisbane.

Caloundra has very little great shopping, a old V small centre with K mart as its main attraction. Main street seems to be a collection of charity shops and $2 stores. Never shop there unless we fancy a trawl round the OP shops, found some great vintage gear there, but its mainly complete rubbish:rofl:. Loads of good beaches round caloundra, again not in little mountain, that is a quiet non beach area. Caloundra prides itself on its restaurants:blink: I might not be lucky there found them terrible. Theres a tavern, (old place near one of the petrol stations) thats renouned for great cheap food, however again I found it basic food, not that cheap. The RSL club is well known for subsided food, however its not everyones taste, its subsided as it has a lot of poker machines ( a real problem in OZ ) and those things usually have a lot of sad people sitting around addicted to them, but you can eat there and ignore it.

I think the Bus service is sunbus, but you use the www.translink.com.au . If that doesnt work google caloundra bus service 607, know that one goes down there. From the airport try www. sunair.com.

There are loads of toursit attractions on the sc, no big theme parks, but beaches, parks, places with amazing views, walks, big shops at maroochydore, restaurants, then ginger, cheese factories, that sort of stuff, markets at eumundi. Amazing hinterland countryside, water falls at klondilla and buderim.

Are they staying with anyone? could they drive them around a bit? for some things you would need a car.

Edit: bus info

Elaine B. Aug 13th 2009 7:31 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 7837898)
Are they staying with anyone? could they drive them around a bit? for some things you would need a car.

Edit: bus info

Thanks for the info that's really helpful:thumbup:

They will be staying with my Uncle and Aunt who will drive them around but they want to be able to go a few places by themselves so they can give them a break:)