Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Little Mountain Queensland

Little Mountain Queensland

Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Little Mountain Queensland

Does anyone knows this area? I'm trying to find out some info for my mum and dad. They are going to be there in March for a holiday (to stay with my uncle) so I thought I'd ask you guys if you can recommend any touristy things to do. Plus does anyone know if there is public transit in the area they are both in their 70's and would be too nervous to drive.

Any help appreciated.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Little Mountain Queensland

Lovely area and close to the coast and Caloundra. Some of the other posters on here would be able to tell you more. Depends on what they are after. Australia Zoo isn't to far away and there is definately a bus service there. I've just bought a business there and due to move in January so sorry can't help further.

JANE
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Lovely area and close to the coast and Caloundra. Some of the other posters on here would be able to tell you more. Depends on what they are after. Australia Zoo isn't to far away and there is definately a bus service there. I've just bought a business there and due to move in January so sorry can't help further.

JANE
Thanks Jane I'm just glad somebody has actually heard of the place
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Thanks Jane I'm just glad somebody has actually heard of the place

Its just an older area of caloundra, there are lots of posts on the area, have a search all sorts of info will pop up.

Bus service, hmm, most areas of the coast have a hourly bus service, that is quite limited, ie day hours only, ( maroochydore.chancellor university are better than most, half hourly probably till 9pm) . Buses stick to the main routes, not many go into estates, a bit of a walk may find them on a bus route, I know the main drag into caloundra the buses go along there into town, maroochy, kawana etc..

Free bus would go to aus zoo, buses from central caloundra go to all the main areas plus brisbane.

Caloundra has very little great shopping, a old V small centre with K mart as its main attraction. Main street seems to be a collection of charity shops and $2 stores. Never shop there unless we fancy a trawl round the OP shops, found some great vintage gear there, but its mainly complete rubbish. Loads of good beaches round caloundra, again not in little mountain, that is a quiet non beach area. Caloundra prides itself on its restaurants I might not be lucky there found them terrible. Theres a tavern, (old place near one of the petrol stations) thats renouned for great cheap food, however again I found it basic food, not that cheap. The RSL club is well known for subsided food, however its not everyones taste, its subsided as it has a lot of poker machines ( a real problem in OZ ) and those things usually have a lot of sad people sitting around addicted to them, but you can eat there and ignore it.

I think the Bus service is sunbus, but you use the www.translink.com.au . If that doesnt work google caloundra bus service 607, know that one goes down there. From the airport try www. sunair.com.

There are loads of toursit attractions on the sc, no big theme parks, but beaches, parks, places with amazing views, walks, big shops at maroochydore, restaurants, then ginger, cheese factories, that sort of stuff, markets at eumundi. Amazing hinterland countryside, water falls at klondilla and buderim.

Are they staying with anyone? could they drive them around a bit? for some things you would need a car.

Edit: bus info

Last edited by jad n rich; Aug 12th 2009 at 11:01 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Are they staying with anyone? could they drive them around a bit? for some things you would need a car.

Edit: bus info
Thanks for the info that's really helpful

They will be staying with my Uncle and Aunt who will drive them around but they want to be able to go a few places by themselves so they can give them a break