Little Englanders

Little Englanders

Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Moonstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by downunderpom
And the other 50%....?

And shouldn't you be in bed, asleep? It's 02:11 in Kent! :scared:
LOL I know but have been ill and body clock not yet working correctly.

The other 50% is better life for my 15 year old. Less!!! of the dull boring weather and just to make another start in life - we have dreamed for many, many years of going to Oz and decided this is the right time to try (getting older by the minute!)

I assume u are an Expat?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:22 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Karen Thompson
LOL I know but have been ill and body clock not yet working correctly.

The other 50% is better life for my 15 year old. Less!!! of the dull boring weather and just to make another start in life - we have dreamed for many, many years of going to Oz and decided this is the right time to try (getting older by the minute!)

I assume u are an Expat?
Aye-firmative! Many times over!

Brought up in Oz from age 10 to 17, then South Africa, Qatar, Swaziland, Rhodesia, UK again for far too long , long term contracts in the Middle East (Bahrain, Dubai & Saudi), then back to Oz (for good) 2002. Working in Sydney but building a home on the western edge of the Blue Mountains.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Aye-firmative! Many times over!

Brought up in Oz from age 10 to 17, then South Africa, Qatar, Swaziland, Rhodesia, UK again for far too long , long term contracts in the Middle East (Bahrain, Dubai & Saudi), then back to Oz (for good) 2002. Working in Sydney but building a home on the western edge of the Blue Mountains.
I need to make sure I keep on the good side of you, as I am sure you will be a wealth of information!!!!!

Dying to know what sort of accent you have must be very mixed?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:32 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Karen Thompson
Dying to know what sort of accent you have must be very mixed?
Chameleon - I tend to pick up accents very easily, so sounded like a cockney when living in London, like a 'South Effrican' when living in southern africa, and learned quite a few of the 'son of a thousand camels!' arabic phrases when haggling down the suk!!

Now I'm getting back to my childhood accent - Aussie!

Thank goodness i got rid of the Welsh accent when I was a nipper! (Now watch the fur fly!! )
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Chameleon - I tend to pick up accents very easily, so sounded like a cockney when living in London, like a 'South Effrican' when living in southern africa, and learned quite a few of the 'son of a thousand camels!' arabic phrases when haggling down the suk!!

Now I'm getting back to my childhood accent - Aussie!

Thank goodness i got rid of the Welsh accent when I was a nipper! (Now watch the fur fly!! )

I know I am new to this but I am going to enjoy your last comment so will WBB!!! (by the way 99% Scot myself but born in England so be careful on that one!!)
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:40 pm
I like kittens.

Originally posted by Moonstar
I know I am new to this but I am going to enjoy your last comment so will WBB!!! (by the way 99% Scot myself but born in England so be careful on that one!!)
I'm not worried about WBB - he's a softy...

It's Ceri that scares me!!:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not worried about WBB - he's a softy...

It's Ceri that scares me!!:scared: :scared: :scared:
Don't know that one why????
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:43 pm
I like kittens.

Don't know that one why????
If she sees that crack about Welsh accents you'll see. They'll be calling me DownUnderThump!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

If she sees that crack about Welsh accents you'll see. They'll be calling me DownUnderThump!
LOL look forward to seeing the response. Definitely, defintely going to bed now only have 3 hours sleep.

As much as it hurts me to say this have a great day today, will log on when I get into work tomorrow. See ya

Karen
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:49 pm
I like kittens.

LOL look forward to seeing the response. Definitely, defintely going to bed now only have 3 hours sleep.

As much as it hurts me to say this have a great day today, will log on when I get into work tomorrow. See ya

Karen
Pleasant dreams.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RichS
The last post raises the quiestions:

2. Do you think that Australians will ever think you are anything other than a pommie bastard?

2. Not a hope in hell

Perhaps you are??
Old Jan 14th 2004, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by podgypossum
Why not, Aussies do it too...Earls Court is a mecca for them...a real fair dinkum, antipodean ghetto
They are called backpackers - not migrants!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

some are backpackers, some ARE migrants.... i made the comment in jest!!!..but the reality is that htey still congregate in that area to be with their own kind whether they are migrants or not.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:19 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by podgypossum
some are backpackers, some ARE migrants.... i made the comment in jest!!!..but the reality is that htey still congregate in that area to be with their own kind whether they are migrants or not.
Perhaps they are looking for their cultural roots?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

LOL..not much culture left in Earls Court...as for roots...well..who am i to say!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.