Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Littering culture - an import from the UK?

Littering culture - an import from the UK?

Old Jul 25th 2006, 12:04 pm
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Littering culture - an import from the UK?

I doubt its the Brits,

It is the lazy, thick, scum and their offspring (Brits included) that have no respect for this world, you get them everywhere.

It is a shame, I utterly detest litter dropping. The only way we can help is to educate our own young who in turn may educate their peers.

vics x
Old Jul 25th 2006, 1:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbaneguy
C
I agree that litter is something that is usually generated by ignorant lazy bastards. Do you think that we import them with us? I know that most of us are trying to run away from them?
I come to only one conclusion but it might be wrong .....
I've come to only one conclusion too, but it might also be wrong...... is there the same percentage of "ignorant lazy " people among the Brits as there are "ignorant lazy " people among the Aussies. And where do the people with dual citizenship fit into that
My head hurts now. Some many problems, so little aspirin......
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Brisbaneguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've come to only one conclusion too, but it might also be wrong...... is there the same percentage of "ignorant lazy " people among the Brits as there are "ignorant lazy " people among the Aussies. And where do the people with dual citizenship fit into that
My head hurts now. Some many problems, so little aspirin......
Hey Pollyana don't worry about your head.. just go to queen street mall and talk to the alternative youth there.. while not getting into stereotypes, I am still sure you could get something stronger than aspirin from at least one of them :scared:
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

....... Brisbane was also extremely clean a year and a half ago when I visited. Couldn't see any beer bottles lying around.
That be me then. It's the heat .....makes ya drink a lot

What else you supposed to do wi ya bottles

[Wind up alert me finx]

Last edited by phoenixinoz; Jul 25th 2006 at 6:03 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pollyana don't worry about your head.. just go to queen street mall and talk to the alternative youth there.. while not getting into stereotypes, I am still sure you could get something stronger than aspirin from at least one of them :scared:
TALK to the YOUFF!!!!! Are you off your little trolley! Can't understand a word that the alternative youff comes out with, even mt once cute teenage nephew now talks in a cross between Swahili and Klingon........

(wanders off whistling and wonders how far you can wind something before it snaps? )