Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

List of top 5 types of People that should reconsider migration.

List of top 5 types of People that should reconsider migration.

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:38 am
Banned

Astro will become famous soon enoughAstro will become famous soon enough
Default Re: List of top 5 types of People that should reconsider migration.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Some good points above. I was trying to find consensus on the "person" least likely to succeed in migrating to Aussie, or anywhere else for that matter.
Yes there are some good points, pity none came from you, again.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Astro
Yes there are some good points, pity none came from you, again.
Wow, biting wit. You are so obviously intellectually miles above all of us, whether British or Australian. Do you have to wear an oxygen mask
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Wow, biting wit. You are so obviously intellectually miles above all of us, whether British or Australian. Do you have to wear an oxygen mask
Oh... the irony is frightening in here.

Last edited by Astro; Sep 22nd 2005 at 9:49 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:44 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

How about the person who has lived most of their life surrounded by people, family, and friends they have "always" known, and therefore never really developed the advanced social skills needed to seek, search and develop new friendships or networks.
I imagine theres a high number of people who fall into that category. I believe theres a lot of internal personal development needed for a drastic life change such as this.

Plan for it. Prepare for it, or expect to be in turmoil sometime down the line.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh... no irony is frightening in here.
Sorry? I speak English. Don't understand that sentence. What clever comment are you trying to make, unsuccessfully?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry? I speak English. Don't understand that sentence. What clever comment are you trying to make, unsuccessfully?
I was testing you. You failed.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I was testing you. You failed.
You don't know how happy that makes me. Thank you.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
1. People who think that moving half way around the world that somehow their day to day life (eg bills, going to work etc) will be different.

Unless you are Bill Gates etc & don't ever have to work gain, life is basically the same, no matter where you live.

2. Those that think moving half way around the world will fix their problems ie relationship/money problems.

It won't - the underlying reason for the problems eg fighting, spending more than you earn, will still be there.

3. Those that come here & can't understand that it still rains or gets cold.

Said it on another thread & I'll say it again - if you want wall to wall sunshine, move to somewhere like Birdsville or Innaminka, & then see how you like living in the middle of the desert. It rains - build a bridge & get over it .

4. Those that expect Australia (& I mean any facet of Australia) to be like the UK.

Its not. It doesnt have to be. It never will be. Its a different country!!!

5. Those that equate "going overseas" with going to Europe & then say how expensive it is.

Plenty of places you can go overseas from Australia, Europe just happens to be (just about) the furthest place on the planet that you can go, no surprise that its the most expensive. Try somewhere closer like Asia or South Pacific. Similarly those that say they miss "history & culture" . What they miss is white, anglo-saxon, european history & culture. Plenty of history & culture right on the doorstep, they just don't see it.

6. Those that are close to family & friends or have never moved more than 50 miles from where they are born.

These people may have problems with homesickness ( then again, they may not too!).

That's my list, sorry, it's 6 .

That's probably the best/most mature post I've seen on this Forum to date

Unfortunatley many poms do believe Australia is still an extension of England. Fortunately, we broke away from the English regime many years ago. Scotland/Wales/Nth Ireland have not been so lucky

We have our own unique culture (like it or hate it, we don't care). It's quite ignorant & somewhat arrogant of some poms to move to oz expecting any different. These are the people who fail.

Last edited by Astro; Sep 22nd 2005 at 10:08 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:41 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

That's probably the best/most mature post I've seen on this Forum to date

Unfortunatley many poms do believe Australia is still an extension of England. Fortunately, we broke away from the English regime many years ago. Scotland/Wales/Nth Ireland have not been so lucky

We have our own unique culture (like it or hate it, we don't care). It's quite ignorant & somewhat arrogant of some poms to move to oz expecting any different. These are the people who fail.
Sounds like a big load of Fuzzy Duck to me!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:43 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Man , I couldn't have put it better myself. I particularly agree with point 2.
Oooops I can't count, it was point 3 that I mostly agree with, not 2. Slip of the fingers.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG ... I think I'm gonna have to pull the plug on the whole thing.

I'm white collar and earning good money in GB ...

Note to self:

Remove visa's from passports.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:32 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Three Legs

Note to self:

What's a white collar worker anyway? If this is someone like the kind of person that works in a British rail ticket office then you would fit in very well out here.

(Said in Monsters Inc. Despatch manager Roz's voice)
(you need to put a tick in the box! I can't file it unless you put a tick in the box!, Oh! you've done it now you will have to fill the whole form in again because you put a cross in the box and not a tick. Thats better...Oh! No! you must do it again I can't file it you have used a blue pen, you must not use a blue pen it must be a black pen. Ok now I can file it for you that will be $30 please. Oh No! I've just noticed you should have filled out form 35B not 35A. 35B is for people that live in NSW and you want to live in QLD! Sorry you can't fill the form in here, you need to go to Brisbane to do it)

This is a joke post! no need to flame. (Bored)
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:42 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

1) People who don't have a visa.

2) People who won't be able to get a visa.

3) People who can't afford a visa.

4) People who overstayed their visa.

5) People who called their kid Visa

A
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

White collar ? Good question ... what actually constitutes the title ?

I consider myself to be a working professional although I have friends within the building trade who earn double and triple what I earn.

It's an interesting point. I was pushed at school to avoid the "trades" such as joinery, bricklaying etc. Five years after I left school we witnessed the biggest building boom in modern history.

But ... like my Murphys ... I'm not bitter,

just twisted

Originally Posted by arkon
What's a white collar worker anyway? If this is someone like the kind of person that works in a British rail ticket office then you would fit in very well out here.

(Said in Monsters Inc. Despatch manager Roz's voice)
(you need to put a tick in the box! I can't file it unless you put a tick in the box!, Oh! you've done it now you will have to fill the whole form in again because you put a cross in the box and not a tick. Thats better...Oh! No! you must do it again I can't file it you have used a blue pen, you must not use a blue pen it must be a black pen. Ok now I can file it for you that will be $30 please. Oh No! I've just noticed you should have filled out form 35B not 35A. 35B is for people that live in NSW and you want to live in QLD! Sorry you can't fill the form in here, you need to go to Brisbane to do it)

This is a joke post! no need to flame. (Bored)
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs

Note to self:

Nope use your visa to get in, however be prepared for the overtime chasing ford factory, ethnic worker up the road with the big boat and 3 cars in the front yard of his 55 square house to inspire you how to earn real money.

It's a whole different ball game, the income race here, and status just doesn't cut it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.