Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

List of top 5 types of People that should reconsider migration.

List of top 5 types of People that should reconsider migration.

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:56 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: List of top 5 types of People that should reconsider migration.

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Have to say I agree with Astro, I know a number of people who have travelled to Europe (& plenty of other places), certainly its harder if you have a family & are on one wage, but there are plenty of people out there that can & do afford overseas travel (europe included).

I find the constant inferrence that all aussies are some sort of country bumpkins who would stand around with mouths agape if they ever left the country slightly insulting (that comment isn't directed at you pako, just in general).
Agree - I am always amazed at the number of Aussies I meet who have been to the UK for a hol or to see rellies etc (dare I say, it seems a lot more than the no of Poms who have admitted to visiting here). Or it could just be that the Aussies are nice friendly people who are more keen to talk about their travels than the more reserved Poms

I'd better duck now.... :scared:

Anya.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:10 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Once everyday life begins its the same sh&t but a shinier bucket !!
cant remember who put that in their signature but its soo true

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sel
would i fit in i am a thick plumber from sheffield who works like a ni***r and doesnt expect too much (apart from shooting furry animals)
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:37 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

people they consider may not be happy in the migration process.

people who expect to find tetley ale & walkers crisps on every corner
and are not prepared to try anything new
as to them its all foreign shite
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:54 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pom plumber
would i fit in i am a thick plumber from sheffield who works like a ni***r and doesnt expect too much (apart from shooting furry animals)
whatever floats your boat mate
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sel
whatever floats your boat mate
you said it brother
Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:31 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Agree - I am always amazed at the number of Aussies I meet who have been to the UK for a hol or to see rellies etc (dare I say, it seems a lot more than the no of Poms who have admitted to visiting here). Or it could just be that the Aussies are nice friendly people who are more keen to talk about their travels than the more reserved Poms

I'd better duck now.... :scared:

Anya.
Seems if someone from the UK spends a week in the sun at Costa Del Sol then suddenly they are "well travelled", but Aussies that go overseas to Asia, Europe & the US are "lucky" .
Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:19 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Seems if someone from the UK spends a week in the sun at Costa Del Sol then suddenly they are "well travelled", but Aussies that go overseas to Asia, Europe & the US are "lucky" .
Or just escapees! From penal colony Australia.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:08 am
Badge

You know, Mrs DagBoy, that is sooo true. There is a lot of irony in the case that the millions of people at Gatwick heading to the Sol would not be going if it wasn't for the combo of Sun, food and beer at the right time and place. I don't think they are heading for culture some how. They would be aghast if you suggested they visit a cathedral etc. And so would I, it doesn't do that much for me, but you get my point.

Badge

Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:55 pm
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I agree with the family one, we are going over to be nearer to family. We have more family over there than in the UK.

Thankfully we arent in the top 5 either!!
Wagons roll then.haha.
I think those that expect Oz to be just like the UK but with sun-are heading for failure.
You gotta like Oz, not just dislike the UK, in its "current state".
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
You know, Mrs DagBoy, that is sooo true. There is a lot of irony in the case that the millions of people at Gatwick heading to the Sol would not be going if it wasn't for the combo of Sun, food and beer at the right time and place. I don't think they are heading for culture some how. They would be aghast if you suggested they visit a cathedral etc. And so would I, it doesn't do that much for me, but you get my point.

Badge
This post made me think. I doubt if I would have been so hell bent on seeing the Louvre and Notre danm, when I visited Paris this year. Had I of visited from England