British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Lion lift-off (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/lion-lift-off-262273/)

Bix Oct 26th 2004 12:50 am

Lion lift-off

This is it then.
The Lion Brand of humour is about to hit Cairns. :eek:

Haven't been online much in the last week dashing around to get ready.
Pickfords were to pack us over 3 days but will only take 2 so the PC's get stowed tomorrow. Damned efficient and friendly bunch they are too.

"Don't know when I'll be back again" but sure you will survive without the peskey Tomcat.

Our journey started in May 03 and has been a long and arduous one with many dissappointments and that has continued to the last moment. Failure to sell the house means we are now renting but not enough time left to sort all the paperwork so will have to do that from Aus. :( So be it.

If all goes to plan we land Cairns 9am Halloween day so think of me when you look at the pumpkins :D

My sincere thanks to those who have tasted Aus for sharing their experiences and knowledge - I salute you.

My thanks too to everyone for your friendship and companionship. I like to think I have helped to lighten the load - you certainly have for me.

Allow me to wish all who are waiting good luck in the visa hunt. Doors open and doors close but eventually you can get a foot in there.

Well, farewell Lady Cornwall. I've lived with you all my life but it's time for me to move on.

Ciao
Bix :)

tonyk38 Oct 26th 2004 1:00 am

Re: Lion lift-off

Originally Posted by Bix
This is it then.

My sincere thanks to those who have tasted Aus for sharing their experiences and knowledge - I salute you.

Ciao

How about tasting Aussies? Well you are a lion! I'm guessing the ones who can run fast enough would be fast food! Unhealthy....better go for the slow fat ones! :D

Buuuuut seriously! Have a brill time! Cairns was my first experience of Aus and I loved it! Hope you love it too!

scrawni Oct 26th 2004 1:06 am

Well Bix, this is it for you. Have a safe flight and we will see you at the other end!

Sent you a pm

Mandy

anya4oz Oct 26th 2004 1:09 am

Brill - you made it at last!

All the best to you & Da Boss - have a fab time & keep us all posted about those leonine exploits Down Under.

Grreeeeeeoooowwww (meant to be sound of a big cat roaring) ;)

Good luck!
Cheers
Anya.

MrsDagboy Oct 26th 2004 1:35 am

Bixy, all the very best to you & daBoss, you know whhere all the civilised people are if you need anything ;) . If you are ever in Brisbane give us a yell, would absolutely love to finally meet you :beer: :) .

Pollyana Oct 26th 2004 2:32 am

All the best to you; hope you're going to post your views on life this end!!! :)

ABCDiamond Oct 26th 2004 2:40 am

Hope you like it up there, Bix :)

Keep us updated if & when you can.

Simone Oct 26th 2004 4:35 am

Farewell, au revoir!

Have a good trip, good luck with the hectics in the beginning, then get back on here to post about it! :D

And if you are ever in Perth.....

:)
Simone

jayr Oct 26th 2004 6:20 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Bixy, all the very best to you & daBoss, you know whhere all the civilised people are if you need anything ;) . If you are ever in Brisbane give us a yell, would absolutely love to finally meet you :beer: :) .

How was the Grand Tour Mrs D?

Go Banana's !! Oct 26th 2004 6:59 am

Bix, can't believe its time for your journey.

You have certainly helped Jill and I when thinks weren't going our way. If you are ever in Perth there'll be a cold one waiting for you in the fridge.

Good luck and a safe trip. I hope those Roo's a ready for the Lion !

Warren :D
Leave for Perth tomorrow.....Arghhhh ! :scared:

Bordy Oct 26th 2004 7:08 am

Good luck Bix, your going to a beautiful part of Aus. Hope everything works out for you & Da Boss.

Sue2 Oct 26th 2004 7:18 am

All the very best Bix :beer: hope all runs smoothly!!

Sue :) You lucky things

bundy Oct 26th 2004 7:21 am

Gone (well, nearly), but not forgotten......

Have a good trip Bix and Da Boss. May it be all that you want it to be when you arrive, even if it is Cairns ;) and remember that rain thing I talked about before.

Make sure you get yourself back here quick-smart for an update because we'll be waiting!

Good luck!

Bundy

teach Oct 26th 2004 7:24 am

Good luck to you and yours Bix. Have a safe trip.
Love and hugs
Sarah

madsad Oct 26th 2004 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Bix
This is it then.

Haven't been online much in the last week dashing around to get ready.
Pickfords were to pack us over 3 days but will only take 2 so the PC's get stowed tomorrow. Damned efficient and friendly bunch they are too.

"Don't know when I'll be back again" but sure you will survive without the peskey Tomcat.

Our journey started in May 03 and has been a long and arduous one with many dissappointments and that has continued to the last moment. Failure to sell the house means we are now renting but not enough time left to sort all the paperwork so will have to do that from Aus. :( So be it.

If all goes to plan we land Cairns 9am Halloween day so think of me when you look at the pumpkins :D

My thanks too to everyone for your friendship and companionship. I like to think I have helped to lighten the load - you certainly have for me.

Allow me to wish all who are waiting good luck in the visa hunt. Doors open and doors close but eventually you can get a foot in there.

Well, farewell Lady Cornwall. I've lived with you all my life but it's time for me to move on.

Ciao

Good luck to ya Bix & Da Boss!!
Safe journey & Best wishes x
Donna.