Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

on-line/distance learning courses in Aus...

on-line/distance learning courses in Aus...

Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:02 am
scoobydoo

Question on-line/distance learning courses in Aus...

I've decided that I want to stretch the old brain cells a bit!!! :scared:

Does any one know of anywhere I can do home study...like the open university sort of....in Australia? I've searched the net but can't find anything relevant.

Or should I just wait 'til summer and then veg around!!!!!!!

Thanks x

Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:06 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: on-line/distance learning courses in Aus...

Originally Posted by scoobydoo

Does any one know of anywhere I can do home study...like the open university sort of....in Australia? I've searched the net but can't find anything relevant.

Thanks x
Try http://www.ola.edu.au/
Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by scoobydoo

Thanks x

There are loads, we often get adverts in the mailbox. I just had a search on the net and google came back with a billion results (as always ) . This website looked quite good though, apparently lists all the courses in Australia, so you just need to pick your learning method to get the online/correspondance ones

http://www.thegoodguides.com.au/site

Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:16 am
scoobydoo

Originally Posted by mlbonner
There are loads, we often get adverts in the mailbox. I just had a search on the net and google came back with a billion results (as always ) . This website looked quite good though, apparently lists all the courses in Australia, so you just need to pick your learning method to get the online/correspondance ones

http://www.thegoodguides.com.au/site

Thank you....I wasn't searching very well

Old Aug 20th 2004, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of
Smile Re: on-line/distance learning courses in Aus...

Does anyone know if you can start one of these courses in the UK, or do you have to be resident in Oz already?

Lou
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:14 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Im doing a Degree from griffith university in Australia ( via OLA distance learning ), i live in the uk and there is no problem, but you will pay international student fee, which is around 160 A$ on top of the unit fee which is A$445.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kulu
Does anyone know if you can start one of these courses in the UK, or do you have to be resident in Oz already?

Lou
One of my Aussie friends started a OL distance learning course in " early years" teaching degree while living in Singapore and completed it in Scotland. She had to travel to Edinb'gh from Aberdeen to take the final exam though. So yes its possible