Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lighthearted :) Your favorite Aussie sight/landmark?

Lighthearted :) Your favorite Aussie sight/landmark?

Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:27 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Lighthearted :) Your favorite Aussie sight/landmark?

Mine?

Hmmm...its a hard choice, between the Devils marbles and the Daintree rainforest.

Think the marbles win.

Amazing geology, in the middle of nowhere, so you often have them all to yourself! Worth the visit if you are ever driving north of Alice springs...
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:34 pm
Badge

Default Re: Lighthearted :) Your favorite Aussie sight/landmark?

how far up did ya get mate. You get to the top of one, then get stuck...

Me - would be the common or garden ute. I so miss them here in the UK. I see the occasional Sierra one, that's about it.

after that it would be the local oval.

Badge

Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

AussieinLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the sun would be the most endearing thing in Aus if these threads are anything to go by...
Attached Thumbnails Lighthearted :)  Your favorite Aussie sight/landmark?-sun.jpg  
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

Red earth, a ute.

You'll be right mate.

Can't think what the UK symbols would be right now...
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

SRowland is an unknown quantity at this point

Best site is seeing Sydney airport shrinking in the distance as I fly back to the UK.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 6:36 pm
WBB

Originally posted by SRowland
Best site is seeing Sydney airport shrinking in the distance as I fly back to the UK.

funny you should say that, i was thinking the exact opposite.

Old Nov 21st 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Mine?

Hmmm...its a hard choice, between the Devils marbles and the Daintree rainforest.

Think the marbles win.

Amazing geology, in the middle of nowhere, so you often have them all to yourself! Worth the visit if you are ever driving north of Alice springs...
tricky one...hard to pick one thing from such a diverse country.

Lichfield national park - looking down over rainforest as far as the eye can see, beautiful waterfalls, 15ft termite mounds; the Murray River, river red gums, blue sky and sandbar.

So many more as well.....wombats sleeping on their backs with their feet up in the air...
Old Nov 21st 2003, 7:56 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

I think my favourite Aussie sight is watching the whinging bastards crying into their low quality beer after England have spanked them in the rugby.

Old Nov 21st 2003, 7:58 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Kentish Man
I think my favourite Aussie sight is watching the whinging bastards crying into their low quality beer after England have spanked them in the rugby.

lol, confident then?

Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Watching the sunset over Coral Bay WA with a cold beer after a long days drive.

Seeing a red bellied black snake in Megalong valley NSW.

Also, seeing a duck-billed platypus QLD

Mine?

Think the marbles win.

Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:01 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Well you've got to be haven't you? Potential egg on face situation so might as well get the crowing in beforehand.

At least I'll win eighty quid if the Aussies win. Enough money to drown my sorrows.

Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:03 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Well you've got to be haven't you? Potential egg on face situation so might as well get the crowing in beforehand.

At least I'll win eighty quid if the Aussies win. Enough money to drown my sorrows.

watch you dont get splinters

Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:25 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

A long black rain cloud bearing down.

"Out on the patio we’d sit,
And the humidity we’d breathe,
We’d watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think that this is Australia."
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

A four wheel drive with the Australian miners that got our camper van out of the sand at Red Bluff WA.

Mine?

Think the marbles win.

Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Humpback whales, sited just off Hervey bay - fabulous!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.