light nights

Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:24 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default light nights

have just enjoyed sitting outside tonight,what a lovely day today wasnt it? and I have thought, what time is it dark in perth of an evening during the summer months? I hope I can enjoy light nights in even better weather there too
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: light nights

Originally Posted by squeezzii
have just enjoyed sitting outside tonight,what a lovely day today wasnt it? and I have thought, what time is it dark in perth of an evening during the summer months? I hope I can enjoy light nights in even better weather there too
Make the most of it - long light evenings don't happen over here.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Make the most of it - long light evenings don't happen over here.
thats one of the things i miss most polly. i loved it not gettin dark till 10.30 pm
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:29 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

around 8:30 in Sydney in Summer...
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road

i guess we all get the same amount of sunlight hrs, all i can guess is that they got their times wrong, in that it probably gets light at 4am when everybodys asleep
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:27 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by numbers
i guess we all get the same amount of sunlight hrs, all i can guess is that they got their times wrong, in that it probably gets light at 4am when everybodys asleep
nope people did not get the times wrong - all people coming to Aus should have a good look at the time zones and sunrise and sunt set issues of moving to a country closer to the equater. There are some negatives to being nearer Zero Latitude.

http://www.mindspring.com/~cavu/sunset.html

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/

but for quick information a summary of Sydney vs London

Apprx figures used which means I can be a few mins (but not hours out)
June 23
Syndey - 10 hrs daylight Sunrise 7.00 and Sunset 16.53
London - 16.31 hrs daylight Sunrise 4.44 Sunset 21.22

December 23
Sydney - 14.25 hrs daylight Sunrise 5.41 and Sunset 20.07
London - 7.50 hrs daylight Sunrise 8.05 and Sunset 15.55

Things to remember

All places in the world have the same number of daylight hours if compared on an annual basis - it is the distribution of those hours during the year that is different.

The London to Sydney Latitude differences mean London has more twilight time - as much as 50 mins in London compare to 30 mins in Sydney.

Sydney has Daylight Savings so that will mean Bisbane will get darker 1 hours earlier and lighter 1 hours earlier before the adjustment for latitude

So in the main - there are two hours difference between Sydney and London when comparing summer evenings. Sydney gets dark two hours earlier than London (it would be three but NSW has the daylight savings).

When comparing winter evenings which is more interesting! Sydney gets dark only an hour later than the UK.

Obviously if you are a morning person you can argue for having those light mornings but as I hate mornings I do miss very much my light nights and am suffering a fair bit from SAD (or just being miserable !! ) I get home from work most evenings at 7.30 so it being fully dark at 8.30 is a pain in the butt. I do make up to some of my lack of daylight by having long weekends outside but then I always did.

This post is not a whinge just pointing out one of this things that can tend to confuse peops coming to Aus the fact that there are no late light nights. On a plus side if you do not mind mozzies the warm dark evenings can be rather pleasent and a break from the heat of the day. I do not react to mozzie bites so I have no issues with enjoying the evenings outside.

Anyway lecture over

have fun
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I like how in winter in Aus it is not dark when the kids are coming home from school, also in summer they will get to sleep easier when it is dark earlier.
When we were in UK in winter we used to leave for school in the (well almost), very depressing.dark and come home in the dark
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Now i live in sydney i leave for work in the dark and come back in the dark which isn't so good. Roll on summer. I used to love light nights in the UK!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:45 am
ABCDiamond

Brisbane examples of Sunrise & Sunset:

Brisbane Lat=-27°28'00" Long=+153°01'00"

01/07/2003 Rise 06:39 Set 17:05
01/08/2003 Rise 06:30 Set 17:19
01/09/2003 Rise 06:02 Set 17:34
01/10/2003 Rise 05:28 Set 17:48
01/11/2003 Rise 04:57 Set 18:06
01/12/2003 Rise 04:45 Set 18:29
01/01/2004 Rise 04:56 Set 18:46
01/02/2004 Rise 05:20 Set 18:43
01/03/2004 Rise 05:41 Set 18:20
01/04/2004 Rise 05:58 Set 17:46
01/05/2004 Rise 06:14 Set 17:17
01/06/2004 Rise 06:30 Set 17:01

We don't have daylight saving

Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:50 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that it gets dark a lot earlier bothered me a bit at first, but not any more. As Sandra said, it cools everything down from the heat of the day, & that's pretty welcome in the height of summer.
It's still warm enough though to sit outside for hours after the sun has gone down.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:55 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mand8002
I like how in winter in Aus it is not dark when the kids are coming home from school, also in summer they will get to sleep easier when it is dark earlier.
When we were in UK in winter we used to leave for school in the (well almost), very depressing.dark and come home in the dark
That'll also partly be because school seem to finish so early over here..2.30 or 2.45 for the littlies, I think. My 16 year old finishes at 1.00 !!!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:27 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Del Boy
That'll also partly be because school seem to finish so early over here..2.30 or 2.45 for the littlies, I think. My 16 year old finishes at 1.00 !!!
Mine (9yrs old) finishes at 3:00pm. Starts at 8:45. From our experience of four schools, these are about the normal times, in NSW & QLD. Her last one finished at 3:10.

Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:41 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Mine (9yrs old) finishes at 3:00pm. Starts at 8:45. From our experience of four schools, these are about the normal times, in NSW & QLD. Her last one finished at 3:10.
Earlier on the sunshine coast then. its impossible to get a park at kawana shopping world near the buddina school entrance after 2.30 and its very much dodge the schoolkid as they and their parents head across the carpark to the shops. Its all quiet again by 3.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Earlier on the sunshine coast then. its impossible to get a park at kawana shopping world near the buddina school entrance after 2.30 and its very much dodge the schoolkid as they and their parents head across the carpark to the shops. Its all quiet again by 3.
What time do they start school there ?

Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:18 am
Absinthe Minded

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
What time do they start school there ?
not sure, they play the same russian roulette across the carpark while I'm collecting the mail (when I am on time) about 8.15 to 8.30. One again by about 8.45 its safe to give the ute some welly through the car park !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.