Wikiposts

Light bulbs

Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default Light bulbs

Hello....daft question time,

Does anyone know (I'm sure you do) whether light bulbs in Oz are compatible with UK lamps/lights etc?
ie, is it worth me packing my spare light bulbs and bedside/table lamps?

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Light bulbs

Originally Posted by Robbo2

Does anyone know (I'm sure you do) whether light bulbs in Oz are compatible with UK lamps/lights etc?

Thanks in anticipation.
And they say the Scots are tight.

Yes light bulbs are the same so bring your lamps but surely your not going to bring spare light bulbs.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bordy
And they say the Scots are tight.

Yes light bulbs are the same so bring your lamps but surely your not going to bring spare light bulbs.

Yes I am! Have several of those energy saving things that are expensive...look after the pennies Bordy!
Thanks for info!
x

P.S. I'll leave the ones in the ceiling lights for the new occupiers...don't worry, I'm not THAT tight
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:36 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Yes I am! Have several of those energy saving things that are expensive...look after the pennies Bordy!
Thanks for info!
x

P.S. I'll leave the ones in the ceiling lights for the new occupiers...don't worry, I'm not THAT tight
I'd bring those long lasting energy saving ones to.

Our first rental out here had been stripped of light bulbs apart from living room & master bedroom. First thing we had to do was buy a dozen light bulbs.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:46 am
Fremantle Doctor!

windy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura about

Thanks in anticipation.
The future of Australia is so bright you wont need light bulbs just bring yer shades, OH! YOU MIGHT NEED TO PACK SOME SPARE BEER as you probably have some spare cos english beer fits in ausy fridges too
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:56 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

I'd bring those long lasting energy saving ones to.

Our first rental out here had been stripped of light bulbs apart from living room & master bedroom. First thing we had to do was buy a dozen light bulbs.
Hey Bill...

Have you met my buddy & business partner in crime, "windy gale" (AKA Tony?)
He's a bit non Scottish, but nobody's perfect!!

PS... "No more Footy".. Tell me about it!!
What are we gonna do???
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:07 am
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

Dont ask for bulbs - They`ll send you to the gardening section

ask for globes

Last edited by Widdi; Oct 11th 2005 at 4:13 am.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:12 am
Fremantle Doctor!

windy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura about

I am sure youll find another reason to drink beer and get pished great mate
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:18 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Scossie
Hey Bill...

Have you met my buddy & business partner in crime, "windy gale" (AKA Tony?)
He's a bit non Scottish, but nobody's perfect!!

PS... "No more Footy".. Tell me about it!!
What are we gonna do???

Hi John,

I take it your the brains of the company then John.

Marys thinking of getting Foxtel so she can see some of the old games on Fox Footy.

Hows "The Precious" by the way?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:29 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Hows "The Precious" by the way?
Fine!
Been well used. Topped it up with some air the other day.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Thanks in anticipation.
You obviously don't have enough to worry about
Old Oct 11th 2005, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leechy100
You obviously don't have enough to worry about