Wikiposts

Light Bulbs

Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Light Bulbs

Forgive me for being stupid but do British light bulbs work in oz (the longer lasting energy saving enviromental ones) before you think it, i will not take them with me from my house, well not if i get the value of my house. Its just that i looked at the ikea site in oz and it comes a cross as more expensive than here and thought that we will get new ones before we go.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:50 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Light Bulbs

Originally Posted by karenjc
Forgive me for being stupid but do British light bulbs work in oz (the longer lasting energy saving enviromental ones) before you think it, i will not take them with me from my house, well not if i get the value of my house. Its just that i looked at the ikea site in oz and it comes a cross as more expensive than here and thought that we will get new ones before we go.
both bayonette (mostly) and screw bulbs here as in the UK. We use the energy saving ones and they are about $20 each but the normal bulbs here seem to blow in a couple of weeks, this is probably due to the shite wiring in our building tho

Cheers
Kala
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:58 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JayDeee
both bayonette (mostly) and screw bulbs here as in the UK. We use the energy saving ones and they are about $20 each but the normal bulbs here seem to blow in a couple of weeks, this is probably due to the shite wiring in our building tho

Cheers
Kala
Blimey $20
their only £2.50 ish here in the UK.

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:03 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by markeh
Blimey $20
their only £2.50 ish here in the UK.

Bye
Mark

Yeah not cheap, I'm pretty sure thay are about that, we bulk buy as we are running a backpackers and we still pay a lot, cant find an invoice right now but it isn't cheap
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:13 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Yeah not cheap, I'm pretty sure thay are about that, we bulk buy as we are running a backpackers and we still pay a lot, cant find an invoice right now but it isn't cheap
at that rate we will be exporting them to Oz!

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 26th 2005, 5:21 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by markeh
at that rate we will be exporting them to Oz!

Bye
Mark
I'll buy 100 off ya
Old Feb 26th 2005, 10:58 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Cheers
Kala
More likely an out of balance 3 phase supply transformer in your immediate neigbourhood resulting in voltage spikes. Contact your electricity supplier.

Compact flourescent lights with bayonet fitting - ~$10 at hardware stores.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 11:13 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive bought them for about $5 each.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 11:17 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Ive bought them for about $5 each.
Was that in Woolworths ? I thought that $20 was high too, but can't remember the actual price I pay, but i'm sure it's under $10.

It does of course depend on the wattage.