Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

life's simple questions

life's simple questions

Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:38 am
Just Joined

paddyanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Question life's simple questions

I would like to emigrate to Australia. the problem here is, "I". my family will follow me because they love me, and they are following me in my exitement.
however, i owe it to them to do my homework and to find out some of the simple things in life that i cant find answers for. could anybody please answer these few questions? please?.

1, what time does school start and finish in a normal school day?
2, on one of the school sites, it shows christmas day as december 26th, is this a typo error?

3, as sad as this is, the TV soap, 'Home and Away' have the environment closest to the one i am looking for, the small town/village, coastal area, with few inhabitants. we currently live in a village and therefore would like the same style of environment. which state are we best looking in. or can anybody offer any suggestions on this please?

this is all for now, please help me to get it right, before i do my usual impetuous 'rush in' with both feet tied.

many thanks in advance

paddyanne
xxxx
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:48 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: life's simple questions

Originally Posted by paddyanne
3, as sad as this is, the TV soap, 'Home and Away' have the environment closest to the one i am looking for, the small town/village, coastal area, with few inhabitants.
Classic, I've heard it all now. Do you mean a coastal town with no blacks or Asians, just like Home and Away?
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I'm in that awkward situation whereby I don't know if this is a wind up or not. Do I give a sensible answer or do I ignore.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:54 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to emigrate to Australia. the problem here is, "I". my family will follow me because they love me, and they are following me in my exitement.
however, i owe it to them to do my homework and to find out some of the simple things in life that i cant find answers for. could anybody please answer these few questions? please?.

2, on one of the school sites, it shows christmas day as december 26th, is this a typo error?

3, as sad as this is, the TV soap, 'Home and Away' have the environment closest to the one i am looking for, the small town/village, coastal area, with few inhabitants. we currently live in a village and therefore would like the same style of environment. which state are we best looking in. or can anybody offer any suggestions on this please?

this is all for now, please help me to get it right, before i do my usual impetuous 'rush in' with both feet tied.

many thanks in advance

paddyanne
xxxx

Hiya Paddyanne

School in Qld starts at 9 and finishes at 3, must have been a typo as Christmas Day is the Day all over the world. We came from a small village, and now stay in Yeppoon which is on the Central Qld Coast...it is far bigger than where we used to live, but is very spaced out, and has loads of different localities which are like small villages I spose, and its 5 mins walk to the beach lol sorted

On which State to come to ....well it all depends on what jobs u r in and their availability, and what climate u would like....ie roastin in summer and lovely in winter then Qld is the go, but if u like colder winters then go down south
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:54 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Now I'm in that awkward situation whereby I don't know if this is a wind up or not. Do I give a sensible answer or do I ignore.

I thought that too....but plumped for the sensible lol ive no had a drink u see lol
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:55 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

It's a typo, everyone knows we have Christmas in the summer, here in Australia it's on June 25th
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:59 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
It's a typo, everyone knows we have Christmas in the summer, here in Australia it's on June 25th

LOL!!!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO
Lisa.xx
Old Apr 13th 2006, 6:39 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks in advance

paddyanne
xxxx
School time vary from State to State, about 9am til 3pm.
It may show 26th because xmas falls on a sunday or it's a typo
Best to check out for yourself,only you can tell what place you would/would not want to live in
Old Apr 13th 2006, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypen20

ok i realise that this sounds like a wind up, but i can assure you it isn't.

I have never been on a plane or travelled out of my country in 42 years, i still live in the town i was born in due to being terrified of travel, strangely i'm highly educated and yet as naive as a new born baby when it comes to the ways of the world.

I have friends who are scandinavian, who celebrate xmas, on december 24th evening and dont bother about the 25th very much at all, which led me to wonder if this was the case in other areas, especially with the (now obvious) typo error.

I likened my wants to Home and Away, purely because it was the only common ground I have between England and Aus that i could use as an example.

so yes! i can see that this came accross as a wind up, and for that I apologise, and for those of you who accepted the posting for the genuine questions it is, i thank you.

embarrassed and naive

paddyanne
xxxxx
xx
Old Apr 13th 2006, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

ok i realise that this sounds like a wind up, but i can assure you it isn't.

I have never been on a plane or travelled out of my country in 42 years, i still live in the town i was born in due to being terrified of travel, strangely i'm highly educated and yet as naive as a new born baby when it comes to the ways of the world.

I have friends who are scandinavian, who celebrate xmas, on december 24th evening and dont bother about the 25th very much at all, which led me to wonder if this was the case in other areas, especially with the (now obvious) typo error.

I likened my wants to Home and Away, purely because it was the only common ground I have between England and Aus that i could use as an example.

so yes! i can see that this came accross as a wind up, and for that I apologise, and for those of you who accepted the posting for the genuine questions it is, i thank you.

embarrassed and naive

paddyanne
xxxxx
xx
Hi Paddyanne

Welcome to BE.

Good Luck in your journey, where abouts are you from

Wendy
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WendyC
Hi Paddyanne

Welcome to BE.

Good Luck in your journey, where abouts are you from

Wendy

thank you wendy,
I am from Hastings, south coast of England. where abouts are you?

Paddyanne
xx
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thank you wendy,
I am from Hastings, south coast of England. where abouts are you?

Paddyanne
xx

Way up north, in West Yorkshire. Bradford, near Leeds

So are your family enthusiastic about your move.

I've never been to Australia :scared: have you?
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:15 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Pmsl
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WendyC
Way up north, in West Yorkshire. Bradford, near Leeds

So are your family enthusiastic about your move.

I've never been to Australia :scared: have you?

I've never been anywhere lo, except a short day trip to calaise, which I hated and would never repeat any of the experiance. I dont like boats either, they sink lol.

Our children are very enthusiatic, ranging in age from 10 - 23, but hubby seams to be of the mind 'leave her to get on with it, it'll burn itself out' lol.
i have wanted to do this for about 20 years, I hate England and the way we are moving forward. I hate the fact that my little girl doesn't have a nativity play anymore, because it isn't PC. I'm not religious, but i do like our traditions, and now we seam to be loosing them. I will happily embrace all cultures, but I also think that this shouldnt be at the cost of loosing mine.
the government is loosing sight of our own culture.
i now feel, that if my culture is going, then i may as well go, also.
ok, off of my soap box.

Oops!, if that made me sound in any way racist or discriminative, I AM NOT.
may be i should shut up now lol

paddy anne
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.