Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Life is one big gamble

Life is one big gamble

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Default Life is one big gamble

and we have gambled the whole way First of all as soon as we decided we were going to apply for the the PR visa to Oz 18months ago, we put our house on the market straight away and sold it. Hubby told his employers of his intentions and thankfully they have been great and kept him employed right up to now. On Friday we got the visa grant letter so on Saturday we posted off the passports to get the visa stamped in them. We also gave a months notice in our rented home. Today I've booked the dogs in to fly on the 22nd of Feb and the appointment at the vets for the blood tests for Wednesday. Hubby booking our tickets right now to fly to Oz on the 23rd of Feb .Now just cancelling debit orders for tele licence, sky, internet etc.
OMG I thought the contant waiting game was stressful. The reality is this is just the start of stress Oops better get on the phone to the shipping people now for a quote.
My attitude is get it over and done with asap the sooner it's done the sooner we can settle.
I'm not feeling excited at the moment just flippin' nervous and scared :scared:
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life is one big gamble

Join the club !

Originally Posted by LesleyM
and we have gambled the whole way First of all as soon as we decided we were going to apply for the the PR visa to Oz 18months ago, we put our house on the market straight away and sold it. Hubby told his employers of his intentions and thankfully they have been great and kept him employed right up to now. On Friday we got the visa grant letter so on Saturday we posted off the passports to get the visa stamped in them. We also gave a months notice in our rented home. Today I've booked the dogs in to fly on the 22nd of Feb and the appointment at the vets for the blood tests for Wednesday. Hubby booking our tickets right now to fly to Oz on the 23rd of Feb .Now just cancelling debit orders for tele licence, sky, internet etc.
OMG I thought the contant waiting game was stressful. The reality is this is just the start of stress Oops better get on the phone to the shipping people now for a quote.
My attitude is get it over and done with asap the sooner it's done the sooner we can settle.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:57 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a great place to live. Stop worrying.

You'll be right
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

good for you lesley! cant believe you'll be off soon lady, we must try and get together though even its its for half an hour before you go! bet kay an nic would come too!

keep up the good work mrs
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:00 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LesleyM
We did it in a similar way to you. We ended up selling the house straight away (ish) and living with the in-laws for 9 months :scared:

But you know what they say: if you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Wow its all happening for you, I'm sure you will get through it then six months down the line will wonder what all the fuss is about!!!(oh yeah!) Good luck and keep smiling
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Thanks peeps it's so good to know we weren't the only ones that said 'just do it'
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done for taking the chance
Congratulations, and good luck in your new life
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
Well done for taking the chance
Congratulations, and good luck in your new life
afternoon hils, you well? sorry lesley, just wanted to say hi to me other mate
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiemc
afternoon hils, you well? sorry lesley, just wanted to say hi to me other mate
Hi Debbie, just wanted to say hi to you too How are things on the home front ? I hope you are getting some help on how to deal with your son.

You take care
Lesleym