Life in NZ

Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life in NZ

Would love to hear from anyone enjoying or not their new life in New Zealand?

Good & Bad!
Attached Thumbnails Life in NZ-916.jpg  
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:57 pm
WBB

that bike again

you trying to make me jealous?

Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by welshboybilly
that bike again

you trying to make me jealous?
I may be tempted to sell as my mate told me they are cheaper in NZ.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ducatiandy
I may be tempted to sell as my mate told me they are cheaper in US.
sorry New Zealand

Last edited by ducatiandy; Nov 4th 2003 at 1:01 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:03 pm
WBB

are ducati a well supported bike over there as far as spares and repairs go?

Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

are ducati a well supported bike over there as far as spares and repairs go?

I don't really know but I know a good few guys I have met at the Isle Of Man TT that race bikes and a couple of them have had Ducati's, but maybe I may just take mine with me and order spares from Italy, the only thing is the instructions.

You got a bike?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:13 pm
WBB

I don't really know but I know a good few guys I have met at the Isle Of Man TT that race bikes and a couple of them have had Ducati's, but maybe I may just take mine with me and order spares from Italy, the only thing is the instructions.

You got a bike?

no mate not yet, it was either kids or a bike and she won, give it a few years and we will see.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

no mate not yet, it was either kids or a bike and she won, give it a few years and we will see.
My wife did that and the bike won, well I ended up in the garage to keep it company. lol!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

My wife did that and the bike won, well I ended up in the garage to keep it company. lol!

In fact I bought my bike from a shop in north wales, called WOODS.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:16 pm
WBB

i got a feeling thats where i would end up, either that or in the divorce courts.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:54 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Life in NZ

Would love to hear from anyone enjoying or not their new life in New Zealand?

Good & Bad!
Hi there Andy,

I'm based in Wellington, NZ and love everything about the place...the beach, the nightlife, the people, the place...you name it. There's a few bikers around, but only the odd shiny new toy compared to the UK (though summer is only just coming)......though there are plenty of dealers for all the major brands in the city and a Ducati dealer nearby in Lower Hutt. I popped in the other day and I saw a 998 for £9000 equivalent - can't say 100% if it was new, but if it wasn't it was bloody close to new. (I may call in again later as I have to go back that way)NZ caters for most all bikes and certainly cars in every aspect - tyres, add ons, etc. I sold my R1 before leaving the UK, and find that R1's here are about the same, if not slightly more expensive used - however, this balances against the added cost of shipping the bike and re-registering / changing anything on the bike to meet NZ standards, to actually put me in a better buying position. Servicing and fuel is also far cheaper than in the UK. All bikes are unrestricted that are NZ new - though as with the UK, there are a few imports here and there.
If you are emotionally attached to that particular bike, and you have somewhere to store it, then you may wish to ship it, although don't expect much change out of £2000.
I hope to buy again in the near future, but for now I haven't worried too much, as we are still getting settled.

regards, Rich.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:25 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Life in NZ

Originally posted by theguitardoctor
Hi there Andy,

I'm based in Wellington, NZ and love everything about the place...the beach, the nightlife, the people, the place...you name it. There's a few bikers around, but only the odd shiny new toy compared to the UK (though summer is only just coming)......though there are plenty of dealers for all the major brands in the city and a Ducati dealer nearby in Lower Hutt. I popped in the other day and I saw a 998 for £9000 equivalent - can't say 100% if it was new, but if it wasn't it was bloody close to new. (I may call in again later as I have to go back that way)NZ caters for most all bikes and certainly cars in every aspect - tyres, add ons, etc. I sold my R1 before leaving the UK, and find that R1's here are about the same, if not slightly more expensive used - however, this balances against the added cost of shipping the bike and re-registering / changing anything on the bike to meet NZ standards, to actually put me in a better buying position. Servicing and fuel is also far cheaper than in the UK. All bikes are unrestricted that are NZ new - though as with the UK, there are a few imports here and there.
If you are emotionally attached to that particular bike, and you have somewhere to store it, then you may wish to ship it, although don't expect much change out of £2000.
I hope to buy again in the near future, but for now I haven't worried too much, as we are still getting settled.

regards, Rich.

We shipped our Kawasaki ZRX1100. We popped it in our sole use 20ft container at a few about £150 extra charge. If you have a residence visa you won't have to pay GST and the cost of getting it on the road was not that high. If it meets UK regs it should have no prob meeting NZ regs. You have to promise not to sell it for 2 yrs or you will have to pay the GST.
Garrisondamn also shipped his bike to Nelson and now works in a bike shop so have a chat to him too if your thinking of bringing it.

Paula
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:30 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Definitely worth bringing if you have your own container load then at just £150 extra....we only shipped a few things, so they wanted closer to £1000 on top as our total shipment only cost us £850 to bring to NZ, with them packing and unpacking everything with door to door service.

all the best, Rich.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Coventry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by theguitardoctor
Definitely worth bringing if you have your own container load then at just £150 extra....we only shipped a few things, so they wanted closer to £1000 on top as our total shipment only cost us £850 to bring to NZ, with them packing and unpacking everything with door to door service.

all the best, Rich.
hi glad to hear you enjoy your new life and i know my question is not about motorbikey things (yes i'm female) who did you use to ship? you sound pleased with what u got and i am having difficulty in making arrangements for removals as the companies i have picked to quote me are not returning my calls.

carol
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:17 pm
Life's next chapter is?

Hi there,

We used Robinsons - the stuff hasn't reached us as yet, but they were very professional. Don't take the first price they give you - barter them down - we saved about £400. Reach Ron Byatt on 0161 766 8414.....

all the best, Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.