Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

life insurance in aus -those on 457 visas

life insurance in aus -those on 457 visas

Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:38 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Question life insurance in aus -those on 457 visas

hello

I have just remortgaged the house to give me some cash to take to Aus with us, and i have been shopping around for life cover.

Thing is cos i have said that we are going to work in aus for a year no-one will give us life cover, even tho i will still have my UK mortgage and bank account here, so now i have a BIG mortgage, but no life cover!!!

When i asked if i shouldnt of put it on the form, they said that if anything happened and i haddnt put it on the form that they wouldnt pay out arrrgghhh!.......what should i do??? any ideas??? Im leaving next week

laura
xxx
Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Re: life insurance in aus -those on 457 visas

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hello

I have just remortgaged the house to give me some cash to take to Aus with us, and i have been shopping around for life cover.

Thing is cos i have said that we are going to work in aus for a year no-one will give us life cover, even tho i will still have my UK mortgage and bank account here, so now i have a BIG mortgage, but no life cover!!!

When i asked if i shouldnt of put it on the form, they said that if anything happened and i haddnt put it on the form that they wouldnt pay out arrrgghhh!.......what should i do??? any ideas??? Im leaving next week

laura
xxx
Hi - I'm also uncovered after cashing in endowment policies last month. It's not a good time to fall under a bus !

I'll be getting cover from a domestic assurer when we arrive in Sydney

Here's a list of Oz providers

http://www.apra.gov.au/Life/List-of-...-Companies.cfm

Would be interested to hear who you find competitive if you check them out

Rgds Jim
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:24 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
Hi - I'm also uncovered after cashing in endowment policies last month. It's not a good time to fall under a bus !

I'll be getting cover from a domestic assurer when we arrive in Sydney

Here's a list of Oz providers

http://www.apra.gov.au/Life/List-of-...-Companies.cfm

Would be interested to hear who you find competitive if you check them out

Rgds Jim

thanks Jim

Yes I know what you mean, I keep saying, ""dont die now" cant see why they wont cover us, weather here or in aus as we are still gonna pay premiums.......oh well i'll try the link and see what i can find.....

take care

laura
xxx
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:24 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

You can still get life insurance in the UK. I'm still covered with Marks and Sparks life insurance and I've been here 2 years as a PR.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:26 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
You can still get life insurance in the UK. I'm still covered with Marks and Sparks life insurance and I've been here 2 years as a PR.
Absolutely
I still make my payments to my old life ins. co. They know I am in Aussie and they said it makes no difference to my cover.
I also started a new one here too!

Andrew
Old Jan 21st 2005, 1:37 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

we left our life insurance running in the UK, just changed our address to here, we also have an endowment that we had on our house so we just kept it running cos it only has 6 years to go
Old Jan 21st 2005, 8:33 am

yes, dont worry..........they said if i had of already had the life insurance before my visas were grated thats was fine as i had no intention of going away at the time of taking out the policy, now that i have got visas, i have an intention of going away, so if i take out a policy now and lie about going away, the date of the visas being grabted will make it will be invalid.......should i need to claim.

So these must be exsisting polices, which the ins companies said are fine. But i never had life cover before has it was in with my endowment and i dont have that anymore........

I will have to get aussie policy, just hope i can get one to cover the equivallent of £60,000 and hope i can get one on a 457 visa.....

laura
x