Life insurance

Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:39 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Life insurance

Could somebody please explain to me the situation with Life insurance when you leave the Uk bound for good old oz? Surely your cover ends before you leave Uk then you have to set up cover in oz when you get there? or can it be left running here in uk?

Nev.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life insurance

Originally Posted by redlion
Could somebody please explain to me the situation with Life insurance when you leave the Uk bound for good old oz? Surely your cover ends before you leave Uk then you have to set up cover in oz when you get there? or can it be left running here in uk?

Nev.
We still have UK cover but have been in Oz for a 15 months. We checked with the insurance company and we are still covered over here.

Jo
Old Jul 9th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Nev.
Hi
Direct Line were happy to keep my husband's open. But we will be starting new policies here soon. I have to anyway as mine was tied in with my job in the UK.
R
Old Jul 9th 2006, 10:36 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
We still have UK cover but have been in Oz for a 15 months. We checked with the insurance company and we are still covered over here.

Jo

Oh right so its possible to do that then, cool.

Nev.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Oh right so its possible to do that then, cool.

Nev.
Nev - check with your insurance company. Ours stopped being valid once we became non UK residents which was the day we landed in OZ and became resident here. Same applied with an endowment policy we had. Maybe some companies do and some don't - best check to be on the safe side.

Macquarie
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Nev.
We have policies with Legal & General and Norwich Union, both of which said they were ok to keep going, as long as the premiums come out of a UK bank account.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Our insurance companies would only cover us for a further 6 months from when we migrated give yours a call and ask, if you can keep your UK one going I'd advise to do so..... I think its pretty expensive over here and the cover is not as good as our old UK one either.

All the best

Sue x