Life is good

Old Dec 6th 2002, 11:17 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Marlo
Blah, blah, blah! Told you, you never answer all the questions, when are you returning to your home? Billy No Mates!! Is there such a country you would be happy in? I think what you spout about others is what infact you thought Oz to be, who didn`t do his research then! Is your wife as miserable as you? Oh dear how many questions? 3 no 4 now far too many for your brain to cope with!

Off you go then, you poor sad dreamer!

No you are right I did no reseach I relied on friends who give me loads of bull , but soon as we arrived started to tell us the drawbacks of being in a second world country well on its way to being a third.
I would not say that I am miserable in fact I laugh more than most and looking at you good people brings joy in to my miserable life , as for my wife she been pushing to go back to the UK 2 years after we arrived here.
This country has much to offer if you are a building worker of which I am not ,the Brits coming seem to think that they are the only immigrants this is not the case , Asians are resettling here in big numbers and bring their out look to life with them ,I for one do not see a future in a low pay ecomomy a China mark two ?
Must get my finger out its Saturday and overtime to be earned.

Old Dec 7th 2002, 12:56 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sue5665
WELL SAID,
I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ARE FED UP WITH PB.
A LOT OF US WHO ARE GOING TO OZ WILL NOT NEED LARGE MORTGAGES, (AND SOME WILL NEED NO MORTGAGE) SO WE WILL NOT HAVE TO BE EARNING VAST AMOUNT OF DOLLERS.

I THINK PB WENT TO OZ AT THE WRONG TIME, THINKING THE STREET WERE PAVED WITH GOLD, BUT FOR SOMEONE WHO SITS AT THE COMPUTER SLAGGING EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY OFF HE NEEDS TO GET OFF HIS ASS AND CHANGE HIS ATTITUDE.
SUE
When I was in the UK I got off my arse and was involved in the Trent engines development , and it seems Australia needs it more than I need Australia? pray what have you do in your in your life a bit of knitting?

Rolls-Royce announced today that Qantas has chosen Rolls-Royce Trent 900 engines to power its new fleet of 12 Airbus Industrie A380 airliners.

The Trent remains the only engine selected by A380 customers.

Qantas has placed firm orders for 12 A380s with deliveries to begin in 2006 as part of a USD$4.6 billion fleet program.

John Cheffins, President - Civil Aerospace, Rolls-Royce, said: "Qantas joins the growing family of Trent customers and we look forward to playing our part in establishing the A380 as the new flagship of the Qantas fleet."

Qantas becomes the third airline to select Trent-powered A380s, following previously announced decisions by Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.

A total of 49 aircraft are now ordered and on option, representing the supply of nearly 200 Trent 900 engines.

The Trent 900, which is offered with a range of in-service thrusts from 68,000 - 75,000lb, will be certificated at 80,000lb allowing margin for operational demands and potential for growth.

It will be the lead engine in the A380's joint certification program.

Preliminary design of the Trent 900 is almost complete and seven engines are expected to be used throughout the development phase.

Versions of the Trent family currently in service have accumulated 2.7 million flying hours. The Trent 700 entered service on the A330 in 1995 followed by the Trent 800-powered Boeing 777 a year later.

The Trent 500, which achieved engine certification ahead of schedule in December, is the sole engine for growth versions of the A340 and will make its maiden flight on the A340-600 in Spring this year.

Another variant, the Trent 600, is being offered for future developments of the Boeing 747 and Boeing 767.
Old Dec 7th 2002, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by pommie bastard
Great to know that you are a well educated hairdresser , if there is such a thing ? and a sports degree how wonderful you cut hair and run now that should come in very handy I am sure.
This country is calling out for your skills I can see a big future for anyone how runs while cutting hair , I wish you luck with your education I can see that Australia will march on to become the Clever country it hopes to be.Just a small point after the ashes result do you think an English sports degree will be well reguarded.?
Being in engineering I think this sums the place up for me but you should do okay I am sure.QUOTE]

OH! PB You really are so patheticly SAD!!
Yes there is such a thing as an Educated Hairdresser. Any Qualified Hairdresser is Educated! A 3 year apprenticeship with Exams to pass!! then the education is ongoing. A good Hairdresser has to have a natural ability, a creative mind, has learned a bit of chemistry to understand the reaction of the chemicals used in colouring and perming etc. developes a well rounded personality, is skilled in dealing with people [including idiots like you, on a day to day basis!] and learns a 'craft' that will always keep them in employment. People will always need the skills of Hairdressers, as I cant see this job ever being taken over by computers, unlike many aspects of engineering!

If you bothered to read a post properly for once, difficult for you I know! as you only see what you want to see! my Degree is not in 'ENGLISH SPORTS, its in Sports SCIENCE, and hearts and lungs work the same way in Australia as in England, if im not mistaken?
When im not cutting hair, I teach Martial Arts and enjoy working as a Personal Fitness Trainer and advising my clients about Diet and Nutrition and recovering their Fitness after illness or injury!
[How fast can you run!!]

As you've such a low opinion of Hairdressers, I wonder if you have a regular Hairdresser?, if so, id like to tell him/her what you think of us and maybe next time you're in their chair, they could have a 'little accident ' with their 'cut throat' razor!! ......and do us all a favour!!!
But then again, you probably cut your own hair, on the days when the newspapers don't have Dull and Irrelevent enough stories for you to cut out and paste!!

Cheers

Old Dec 7th 2002, 6:21 am
2thick

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Just a small point after the ashes result do you think an English sports degree will be well reguarded.?
PB, wake up man you are letting the side down, just the other day you were raving about how good the English Rugby Team was. You gotta be more consistent - if we are picked up by the Plods on our NHS busting crime spree and you do not keep the b*ll (ahem story) consistent we will be for the high jump. Hey man perhaps they can call me 2thick and you thick2?

Old Dec 8th 2002, 11:05 pm
Banned

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by poggle

If you bothered to read a post properly for once, difficult for you I know! as you only see what you want to see! my Degree is not in 'ENGLISH SPORTS, its in Sports SCIENCE, and hearts and lungs work the same way in Australia as in England, if im not mistaken?
When im not cutting hair, I teach Martial Arts and enjoy working as a Personal Fitness Trainer and advising my clients about Diet and Nutrition and recovering their Fitness after illness or injury!
[How fast can you run!!]

As you've such a low opinion of Hairdressers, I wonder if you have a regular Hairdresser?, if so, id like to tell him/her what you think of us and maybe next time you're in their chair, they could have a 'little accident ' with their 'cut throat' razor!! ......and do us all a favour!!!
But then again, you probably cut your own hair, on the days when the newspapers don't have Dull and Irrelevent enough stories for you to cut out and paste!!

Cheers

Good post I enjoy a good laugh where would the world be without Hairdressers , I use a pudding bowl and clippers took me all of 5 mins to learn how to do it.Do you think its a bit odd that a country with higher unemployment than the UK needs Hairdressers , can it not train them or are Australians unable to handle such a Hi-Tech job?
When I do go for a haircut here its either No1-2 or 3 , so does it take 1 year to learn to do each cut?
The word Sport and English will always bring a smile to an Australian face tell them about your 'ENGLISH SPORTS SCIENCE " they will be most impressed not , I would love to see more Poms teaching sports here and Australians going the other way maybe then we beat them now and again .
Around here the so called fitness centres are changing hands and going bankrupt because of there are far too many of them and people grow bored of the gym fad too many fast food outlets much more fun , so good luck with the Hairdressing .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 9th 2002 at 12:33 am.
Old Dec 8th 2002, 11:20 pm
Banned

Originally posted by 2thick
PB, wake up man you are letting the side down, just the other day you were raving about how good the English Rugby Team was. You gotta be more consistent - if we are picked up by the Plods on our NHS busting crime spree and you do not keep the b*ll (ahem story) consistent we will be for the high jump. Hey man perhaps they can call me 2thick and you thick2?
The Rugby team is great but the Australians only harp on about our defeats , I do not follow the bat and ball game but its on TV here at prime times.
The re-runs of English defeats is a bit wearing they love explaining that they are the best at sport mainly because they are good at sod all else, apart from hole digging and sheep shagging.
Yes I am thick like most immigrants who come to Australia , but will let you do the talking if the plods chatch us.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 9th 2002 at 12:48 am.
Old Dec 8th 2002, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by pommie bastard
Good post I enjoy a good laugh where would the world be without Hairdressers , I use a pudding bowl and clippers took me all of 5 mins to learn how to do it.

Oh PB!, not only do you sound like a total W**K*R but more than likely you look like one too!!
With a haircut done with a 'pudding bowl and clippers' in 5 minutes you must look sooooooh attractive!!! ...... LMAO!!!!

Old Dec 9th 2002, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

The Ruby team is great but the Australians only harp on about our defeats , I do not follow the bat and ball game but its on TV here at prime times.
Yes I am thick like most immigrants who come to Australia , but will let you do the talking if the pods chatch us.

PB,

Maybe you could explain what a 'ruby team' does that is so great?
also, please let me know if you get ''chatched by the pods"!!
Sounds very painfull to me, but im sure there is medication available that might help!!

The only true words ive found in all your postings so far are "yes i am thick"

Old Dec 9th 2002, 12:38 am
Banned

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by poggle
Good post I enjoy a good laugh where would the world be without Hairdressers , I use a pudding bowl and clippers took me all of 5 mins to learn how to do it.

Oh PB!, not only do you sound like a total W**K*R but more than likely you look like one too!!
With a haircut done with a 'pudding bowl and clippers' in 5 minutes you must look sooooooh attractive!!! ...... LMAO!!!!

Yes I think my good wife would agree with that , I tend to be a fashion junkie the 30s look will return one day I am sure.
Please say what you mean the word W***K*R covers most of the human race , or do you not enjoy self pleasure also?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 9th 2002 at 12:49 am.
Old Dec 9th 2002, 12:47 am
Banned

Originally posted by poggle
PB,

Maybe you could explain what a 'ruby team' does that is so great?
also, please let me know if you get ''chatched by the pods"!!
Sounds very painfull to me, but im sure there is medication available that might help!!

Well thanks for your spelling advice I could do with a spell check far to busy to do it myself, are you a office tart also?
Nice letter in the Australian newspaper , yet another lot of liers?

Bogged in the emigration food chain

I READ with interest your two stories (Inquirer, The Nation 7-8/12) about one million of our population being overseas. Of course as a percentage of our professionals, it would be much higher.

Firstly, how about some vision and leadership in this country to develop our skills and research base to provide opportunities at home. I recall that the ALP's poorly presented knowledge nation was ridiculed but I didn't see a Coalition alternative. Secondly, instead of fearing migrants coming to Sydney, as Bob Carr seems to do, how about being glad that migrants want to come to Sydney and continue to make this a vibrant city.

How about investing in infrastructure that would enable Sydney to cope with an increased population and become an even more global city. Then our young professionals might have opportunities here. Do we want to become a global version of some existing regional areas where the population is either very young or retired, while adults in the prime of their careers are somewhere else?

Instead of hoping that one day these people, in whose education Australia has invested heavily, might want to come back to Australia, let's make sure that they do.

Do not let the prospect of returning to earn the lower valued Aussie dollar and the more limited employment opportunities be too daunting for them.
Kay Kan
Cheltenham, NSW

THE link between the number of skilled Australian professionals working overseas and the economic difficulties experienced by the "working rich" (7/12) should be clear to anyone reading the articles.

Engineers, IT professionals, academics, and doctors can all be classed as "working rich", and their move to the US and Europe is economic migration – an attempt to achieve better salaries and standard of living in countries that value their skills more. The fact that skilled emigration outflows are matched by inflows illustrates that just as many skilled professionals from poorer counties, such as India, China, and New Zealand, are willing to emigrate to Australia to improve their standard of living.

Examine the engineering departments of universities across Australia, and you will find that most academics are immigrants, and most PhD students move overseas after graduation. Australia could achieve a net inflow by paying skilled professionals more, reducing tax in the $60,000 to $100,000 range, or both. Will either of these happen? Probably not, and the most likely scenario is that Australia will remain entrenched in the middle of the skilled emigration food chain.
Michael Eckert
Ashfield, NSW

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 9th 2002 at 12:53 am.
Old Dec 9th 2002, 12:59 am
Banned

Originally posted by poggle
PB,

Have a look at this site may be of help to you?

http://www.jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlo...?ASCOCode=4931

Hairdressers
Occupational Category Health, Fitness, Hair and Beauty
Broad Occupation Hairdressers
HAIRDRESSERS cut, style, chemically reform and colour hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions.

Occupation
Size
Very Large

Weekly
Earnings
$500(before tax)
Old Dec 9th 2002, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Yes I think my good wife would agree with that , I tend to be a fashion junkie the 30s look will return one day I am sure.
Please say what you mean the word W***K*R covers most of the human race , or do you not enjoy self pleasure also?

"OH" Pommie you are really naughty but I admit you sure get there " dander up " I have to wander why LOL.......

I think they are a little nervous to leave the U.K thats understandable.
Aus is a long way from home.

Old Dec 9th 2002, 2:59 am
Banned

Originally posted by jeannie
"OH" Pommie you are really naughty but I admit you sure get there " dander up " I have to wander why LOL.......

I think they are a little nervous to leave the U.K thats understandable.
Aus is a long way from home.

I know its a case of they want to hear that Australia is the best country in the World because it has become harder for most Brits to get in.
If they can not take a bit of banter from me wait until they they get it from the Aussies , the Press and Media dislikes Poms and Pommy Land .
This in turn does transfer to a growing band of Pommy hating Aussies , I grow tied of of anti-Pom jokes and use the same humour against them this sometimes does not go down well.
If the people coming here dislike the new immigrants or refugees entering UK , they should sit down and think about their position as immigrants to another country and how they will be looked down on.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 9th 2002 at 3:09 am.
Old Dec 9th 2002, 3:38 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I know its a case of they want to hear that Australia is the best country in the World because it has become harder for most Brits to get in.
If they can not take a bit of banter from me wait until they they get it from the Aussies , the Press and Media dislikes Poms and Pommy Land .
This in turn does transfer to a growing band of Pommy hating Aussies , I grow tied of of anti-Pom jokes and use the same humour against them this sometimes does not go down well.
If the people coming here dislike the new immigrants or refugees entering UK , they should sit down and think about their position as immigrants to another country and how they will be looked down on.

Although I dislike Aus, it's not that bad about the racism towards Pommes here. Yes they do like to wind up the pommes in some cases, but that's easy enough fixed, just ask them where their parents were born etc (most white people in Aus that I know, at least one of their parents are a pomme.. if not a grandparent)
I have a friend who calls the English Pommie b*stards ... he tried it on me once, I just replied to him you are more of a pomme than I can ever be (I'm Welsh), this guy's father is English, making him half pomme.. so the boots on the foot now, I call him a pomme

Just take it light hearted.. if someone calls you pomme, or what ever in a racial manner, not the joking manner.. just grin at them , and say "aye... and don't you ever forget it"... the smug grin works, rather than getting annoyed... beats them everytime. They can't win if you laugh at them. (I've had years of practice of this in Britain from racial slurs from English , now don't tell me English are not racist "Taffy B*stard... go sh*g a sheep.. blah and blah"... my training of racial slurs , and jokes while working in England, has come in very handy with dealing with people abroad .. Thank you English people

Just take it with a pinch of salt... lighten up, laugh at them... give as good back.

cheers
Old Dec 9th 2002, 3:52 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, I wonder whether any of the others posting to this Forum and who are now living in Australia have experienced this anti-Pom rhetoric that PB goes on about, as I personally have never had to deal with anything resembling what he is referring to. Yes I have a laugh with my Australian friends about the cricket and warm beer, but that's about the extent of it.

If you move to another country and whinge about what you had and how you wish things were as they are in the UK then in my view you are certainly laying yourself open for some abuse. However, I dare say that most who get to Australia after 20+ months of waiting are only too glad to get to Australia and will enthuse and enjoy their new home => the Pommie baiting won't even be an issue.

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.