Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Life Expectancy in Oz

Life Expectancy in Oz

Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:55 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Life Expectancy in Oz

Does anyone know offhand of a decent source of information on life expectancy in Oz and perhaps comparisons to the UK life expectancy?

cheers
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life Expectancy in Oz

Originally Posted by herrchook
Does anyone know offhand of a decent source of information on life expectancy in Oz and perhaps comparisons to the UK life expectancy?

cheers
Hope its well over 50 I'm 51 and i haven't even got my visa yet Janet
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:09 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
In Australia (based on a 2003 survey) men lived till 77.9years and women to 83

In England (based on a 2003 survery) men lived till 76 and women to 81

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...337068352.html
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=168

Hope that helps

Susan
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:16 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I bet its higher than Scotland anyway. I don't think Ive seen a deep fried Pizza or Mars bar since I came here.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:16 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
In Australia (based on a 2003 survey) men lived till 77.9years and women to 83

In England (based on a 2003 survery) men lived till 76 and women to 81

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...337068352.html
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=168

Hope that helps

Susan
cheers mate
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:23 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Bordy
I bet its higher than Scotland anyway. I don't think Ive seen a deep fried Pizza or Mars bar since I came here.
Absolutely, looks like its 73.3 for men and 78.7 for women!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

thats not what will kill you it's crisps and the like that does you in
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:36 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by psb182

Cool, you can be my nutritionist any day. Now send over a nice deep fried Pizza, I'll pass on the crisps ( Or chips as there called here )
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:38 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182

What about the constant abuse of the barbecue
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:44 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you are aboriginal, in which case it's 56 for men and 63 for women

http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/[email protected]?OpenDocument
Old Oct 28th 2005, 6:08 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Maybe this will help, i have recieved the information via my Oz Study Newsletter.

International news

UN Report Puts Australia at the Forefront of Human Progress
2005-10-04

• Australians live in one of the healthiest, richest and most highly educated places on earth, according to the UN's Human Development Report. Life expectancy at 80.3 years is the fifth-highest in the world, income per person is the eighth-best in terms of buying power, and Australians are as well educated as any other nation. All these indicators combined put Australia third out of 177 countries — behind Norway and Iceland — and gave it a score of 0.955 on the human development index. In terms of access to new technology, Australia had 567 internet users for every 1000 people in 2003, a proportion surpassed only by Iceland and South Korea.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

You can get deep fried Mars bars in Mornington at a place called Yabbies.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 6:38 am
Banned

Willy Wonka is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am 164 years old.

I wouldnt endorse deep fried mars...

must be a jocks place
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:46 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Hi,

Maybe this will help, i have recieved the information via my Oz Study Newsletter.

International news

UN Report Puts Australia at the Forefront of Human Progress
2005-10-04

• Australians live in one of the healthiest, richest and most highly educated places on earth, according to the UN's Human Development Report. Life expectancy at 80.3 years is the fifth-highest in the world, income per person is the eighth-best in terms of buying power, and Australians are as well educated as any other nation. All these indicators combined put Australia third out of 177 countries — behind Norway and Iceland — and gave it a score of 0.955 on the human development index. In terms of access to new technology, Australia had 567 internet users for every 1000 people in 2003, a proportion surpassed only by Iceland and South Korea.
Fantastic stats there - just perfect for shoving in front of complaining in-laws who think the world turns into the outback outside Europe!!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:19 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
Id say about 34 years of age, if another thread re shippers letting an expat down are anythin to go by, she may just KILLEM !! lol