Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Life in the country - WA!

Life in the country - WA!

Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in the country - WA!

Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School is about 10 kms south of Bunbury - hardly rural I know, but it certainly feels like it when you are on campus! If you have taught in the private sector and would like to do so in WA, you should consider making enquiries for a position at this school. Check out their website as there is an employment page which is updated regularly.
www.bcgs.wa.edu.au
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siamsusie
Nice to see another Karratha person on here, our home is in Bulgarra, where about are you? Susie
Hi Susie

We're in Wickham. Wondering when the forcast rain will show up. Is bizarre this is the wet season and there's been no rain at all this year
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:05 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised no one has mentioned this before but here goes. If you are looking at $19K extra a year, you are talking about remote teaching program, and most of the towns mentioned, certainly not SW, is included in the program. Here is the current list of locations, and I can tell you they are REMOTE.
http://www.det.wa.edu.au/teachingwa/...&tab=Main#toc3

As for COUNTRY locations, you will be nowhere near free accomodation, nor heaps of other benefits etc, however, if far enough north, benefits will be better. However, yet again, your desired, nor already mentioned locations in SW are not included, certainly not Bunbury, a city in it's own right. I think currently to be near Bunbury etc. you'd have to look at Collie, Manjimup, Harvey etc. And mind you, if you're living withing (don't quote me here as not sure of the exact kms) within 50 or so kms from the school, you won't qualify for the benefits anyway. Again, link for country teaching program http://www.det.wa.edu.au/teachingwa/...ching-program/

Good Luck with all of it, it's not impossible, but having several family members currently and in the past working in the remote teaching program, it's not easy.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:44 pm

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in Geraldton and love it, my wife has been doing relief teaching in the catholic school I work at, $392 a day - they have just had a massive pay rise!! They have just offered her a full-time job. We could never live in a big city, Geraldton is just large enough, it has its crime and socila problems just like any where else and it is being tipped at one of Australias boom towns for the next year!!