Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lets Shut Them all up!

View Poll Results: Have you been to Aus/ NZ?
Been before
49.18%
lived there previously
22.95%
living there now onshore application
7.38%
never been there
19.67%
never left the UK
0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Lets Shut Them all up!

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:25 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The new improved poll of polls!

I have been a member on here for a year now.

Personally I didn't like it when it was full of patronising know alls and people who just wanted to bicker all day.

It should be a forum for like minded people who have done or are about to embark on a similar journey.

All opinions should be welcome if they are constructive in some way. Voicing extreme negatives on a site related to people in the process of immigration is futile.

I am sick to the back teeth of idiots ' ie Kong, Mike ' you know who you are! posting on here as though noone else has been to Aus! It really winds me up.

So can we have a poll please to show the maverick posters that we do actually know a little about where we are going! and they are not alone in having journeyed a little farther than the M25!

Guys changed the title of this as it was proving a little contraversial!:scared:

Last edited by maxpaxx; Jul 5th 2004 at 6:59 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:35 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lets Shut Them all up!

Originally posted by maxpaxx

Personally I didn't like it when it was full of patronising know alls and people who just wanted to bicker all day.

It should be a forum for like minded people who have done or are about to embark on a similar journey.

All opinions should be welcome if they are constructive in some way. Voicing extreme negatives on a site related to people in the process of immigration is futile.

I am sick to the back teeth of idiots posting on here as though noone else has been to Aus! It really winds me up.

So can we have a poll please to show the maverick posters that we do actually know a little about where we are going! and they are not alone in having journeyed a little farther than the M25!
I think I know where you are coming from but can you edit the poll please, there are a few of us who post time to time who have been through all the crap and are now living here.

Sorry I do not post rosy glow been here eight weeks/four months and it is wonderful update posts without ever posting later. There are a few who stay on and try and help. But this is not a site exclusive to those in the process of emigrating who need confirmation they are doing the right thing. Some of use the site 2 years on !

Both those type of posts without follow ups and the AUS is crap type annoy me - I have been a member since Sept 2001 when I needed lots of help - got it/needed it/loved it/used it/got in - this site is tops.

So for most of the intelligent posters who can weed between the posts stop the positive/negative type line drawing and understand there is a balance/post ignore button!

Cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:20 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Never been........but then, there are a lot of places we have never been....lots on our doorstep.

Will we like it ? Who knows.

All we can do is prepare as best as we can from a distance.

As Sandra says we try to weed from the good, the bad and the ugly and come up with a conclusion.

It is not always a positive result but that's when the balance comes into play.....and we may be wrong.

We dislike a lot of things in the UK. We will dislike a lot of things in Aus. We know that.

We have a desire to improve our life. We can't do that without trying. Our decision for right or wrong is that Aus offers us the best chance.

One thing we have is a positive attitude and if we can retain that then half the battles won.

Ciao
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:16 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

went to aus to visit some one out there working, i must admit it may be different when your living there but i myself lovvved the place .
stayed most of the time in sydney with a trip down to melbourne so unsure where to head for when i get there eventually.
and you know what they say, you'll never know unless u try it

plus theres always here to come back to if it dosen't suit.

:scared: :scared:
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:45 pm

Originally posted by Sandra
I think I know where you are coming from but can you edit the poll please, there are a few of us who post time to time who have been through all the crap and are now living here.

Sorry I do not post rosy glow been here eight weeks/four months and it is wonderful update posts without ever posting later. There are a few who stay on and try and help. But this is not a site exclusive to those in the process of emigrating who need confirmation they are doing the right thing. Some of use the site 2 years on !

Both those type of posts without follow ups and the AUS is crap type annoy me - I have been a member since Sept 2001 when I needed lots of help - got it/needed it/loved it/used it/got in - this site is tops.

So for most of the intelligent posters who can weed between the posts stop the positive/negative type line drawing and understand there is a balance/post ignore button!

Cheers
Yeah see where your'e coming from too but this was a lighthearted poll at the jibes targeting people who are in the process. If it was a poll about wether you are enjoying it there and it has/hasn't been a success then that would be a different poll.

What I was intending to point out is that most people have been there and do not need to be patronised by know alls.

I certainly don't think this site is just for people who are in the process!!! Just because this particular subject matter is about that. It's a different subject that's all. You might as well say a poll about Aussie toilet paper is unfair to me because I can not choose an option!!!

Maxine x
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:23 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big Smilie :)!

When you check on this site - previous threads etc a hell of of a lot of people have not been to AUS before they migrate -and go for it I would say!

So I was not out to call your poll wrong....but if you check back I think the number is about 40% plus on this forum never have visited Aus, so name the negative people rather than lump us all together......the (me like me who think Aus is bloody hard work sometimes) some of us who do not say it is wonderful...

Sorry Maxine ...I seem to be jumping on you/your thread and I do not mean to be on you specially!

You are not rosy glow...........but give name who you mean specially (the names ((you lump as trolls)) you read on here).

Just a thought six months after you land......and catch up on B expxts...........who is posting? The obvious/easy answer is the ones who are not enjoying it......that is the site now so you can't pot the norm living here stuff, so they gave us the going back site, what I want now is they I am here and bloody want to moan site!!!!!! I would really like to join !

The people between coming and going could help me. Let me have a moan, laugh at me for being a paddy. Not the going home mob (I envy them), not the excited to be going mob (I envy them).

Just the bloody here mob and I want to chat about it!

not sad, not yet mad butt getting there!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:39 pm

Default Re: Big Smilie :)!

When you check on this site - previous threads etc a hell of of a lot of people have not been to AUS before they migrate -and go for it I would say!

So I was not out to call your poll wrong....but if you check back I think the number is about 40% plus on this forum never have visited Aus, so name the negative people rather than lump us all together......the (me like me who think Aus is bloody hard work sometimes) some of us who do not say it is wonderful...

Sorry Maxine ...I seem to be jumping on you/your thread and I do not mean to be on you specially!

You are not rosy glow...........but give name who you mean specially (the names ((you lump as trolls)) you read on here).

Just a thought six months after you land......and catch up on B expxts...........who is posting? The obvious/easy answer is the ones who are not enjoying it......that is the site now so you can't pot the norm living here stuff, so they gave us the going back site, what I want now is they I am here and bloody want to moan site!!!!!! I would really like to join !

The people between coming and going could help me. Let me have a moan, laugh at me for being a paddy. Not the going home mob (I envy them), not the excited to be going mob (I envy them).

LOL!

The thread should really read ' lets shut Mike/Kong up' I'll give you that! - actually there is another but they seem to have gone now! Can't think of anyone else!

and I am not a rosy specs if you read my posts I know it won't be easy I know it won't be cheap..etc etc etc but I am still doing it so when these fools witter on as though they know it all it really bugs me.

You can have amoan to me if you like I'll listen
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:53 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

This ones easy............Went to Perth, Sydney, Brissy, Cairns all " NEGATIVE"

Came back "POSITIVE".....What else is there to say !

all the best plum

Last edited by plumber; Jul 3rd 2004 at 8:01 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:01 pm
Gone Senile Member

LOL!

The thread should really read ' lets shut Mike/Kong up' I'll give you that! - actually there is another but they seem to have gone now! Can't think of anyone else!

and I am not a rosy specs if you read my posts I know it won't be easy I know it won't be cheap..etc etc etc but I am still doing it so when these fools witter on as though they know it all it really bugs me.

You can have amoan to me if you like I'll listen

Now I really agree...Kong/Be Gong?! Mike Stanton...grow up. Let the rest of us sad wits have a point. It is not all great living here and not all bad. I just wish there was more of us giving a point of view and we could give our points of view.

For instance...

Homesickness does not go away after six/12/18 months - it can get worse for some not better
Kids do love it for the first while and then they use loads of things as teenagers to get at you (much like anywhere, but it might help to talk to someone about it, especially when they use bringing them to Aus as your fault)
When you do not have family around you have to rely on yourselves.....how much did you have to this before emigrating?
You are the immigrant........in certain places not wanted? Not easy!
You have the strange accent....
You are different....
You have to learn the new rules....like them or not
get on with it.........

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Been before - loved it.

The experience of moving there has to be what you make of it. I listen to both sides of the posts and realise that how other people see things may be different to how I will see them, I would not let negative posters, whose dream has faded, influence my decision in any way. I will not rest until I have experienced living in Oz myself, and if we decide it's not for us, then that's the way it is, we try something else.

I say good luck to you all and hope you all find what you are looking for, wherever it may be...

Sandy
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Just my thoughts on this kind of poster..and theres been a whole load of them over the months!!

Most of us who have a modicom of common sense will see right through their agenda. Just ask a question and it will become clear.

Q. After returning to UK, why do they feel the need to come in here and keep posting?

A. Because they need to validate and re inforce what THEY have done. Have you noted a trend with these types of posters? They constantly need to be RIGHT all the time. If they didnt like it then you wont either. You couldnt possibly like it, because if you did then they would be wrong!!...get my drift?? ...i know i know..most of us dont live in such a black and white world, but some do i guess.
These people also have an incessant need to poo poo and denegrate anyone who sees things from a totally different perspective. Why?? Once again..they need to be right at all cost. I remember one such poster making a claim several months ago that they were doing it for the good of others and trying to help them.
Another trend amongst these posters... all of us who are genuinely happy here and living a good life are rosetinted dreamers who must somehow have sinister reasons for wanting to live outside blighty. One has even said that we obviously left because we are running away from something. Do you see a pattern?

I am waiting for the onslaught..."how dare you make assumptions?"... who are you to know who and what i am?" ... well lets face it...they have been treating the happy and contented people like this from the offset, so i guess its only fair for me to have my assumptions and presumptions. Why do you think so many of us stopped posting?

From one happy Aus resident who DOES live life in the real world and just loves Aus because it suits them...

BTW... this doesnt take away from anyone who has genuine concerns and has constructive critisism...i have the ability to critisise Aus too, and have done so many times elsewhere. My post was aimed at the "i know better than you" school. Just try to remember...its often not WHAT you say but how you say it!!

Toodle pip
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:08 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Just try to remember...its often not WHAT you say but how you say it!!
............and that's a fact.

"Contrascending" is the term I've used for those one or two know-it-alls.

Pity, cos burried in amongst their sanctimonious claptrap is some really useful stuff.

It's "do what I tell you" but should be "this is what I did".

If you want valued advice listen to Pants, JR, HP. All 3 back in UK but willing to share their experiences to the benefit of others.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:28 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

here, here!!
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:34 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I am sick to the back teeth of idiots posting on here as though noone else has been to Aus! It really winds me up.

Why do opinions need to be constructive??

I come on here when i want to, post what crap i want to post and enjoy a "bloody" good read the majority of the time.

What i do not do, is hold myself up as someone who is above and beyond anyone else !

Now im not having a dig, but in my view we are all Equals here. Even the pricks that frequent this forum , although SILENCE often works wonders, by virtue of response , and daft polls like this, with an undertone of " big brother " tactics, you are only fuelling these pricks KICKS !!

If however this poll, and the content of the original post, was inferred from a previous post(s) from a "troll" fgs we are grown ups, then why not NAME AND SHAME these ppl.

Incidentally this area, although used for migration queries etc, isnt the area for migration issues. The site has a dedicated area for that Elsewhere.

I must admit, i keep off here now, as posts become lethargic, and idiots become widespread, but thats life. There will always be a Kong, and a WBB around the corner online and in reality. This isnt a SELF HELP group for do gooders, its open forum, meaning just that. If those that come here abuse the system thats for the authorities to preside over and action.

Not for a small group to rule roost over.

Thats my say, its late, im cold, its raining, im pissed off and no animals were harmed during this SPIEL !!

Incidentally for what its worth ive been to OZ many times. AND i for one wouldnt allow anyone to migrate anywhere without first visiting the country !! Its not "try before you buy "
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by podgypossum
Just my thoughts on this kind of poster..and theres been a whole load of them over the months!!

Most of us who have a modicom of common sense will see right through their agenda. Just ask a question and it will become clear.

Q. After returning to UK, why do they feel the need to come in here and keep posting?

Couldn't agree more!! If you hate OZ so much, why come on the site an re-live your "terrible" experience again and again - for the good of the rest of us - hummm come off it!!!

Well said PP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.