Reload this Page >

Lets Just Cut The CRAP!

Wikiposts

Lets Just Cut The CRAP!

Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:21 am
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lets Just Cut The CRAP!

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that the forum is off the rails?

There are now far more posts about nothing useful or insightful at all than I've ever seen before.

I'm all for a bit of banter - not at the expense of useful info, commentary on recent experiences relevant to the immigration process, lifestyle comments (relative to Oz/NZ) ... which is the purpose of the forum...isn't it?

maybe I'm just in a bad mood?
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:25 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lets Just Cut The CRAP!

Originally posted by lostkiwi
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that the forum is off the rails?

There are now far more posts about nothing useful or insightful at all than I've ever seen before.

I'm all for a bit of banter - not at the expense of useful info, commentary on recent experiences relevant to the immigration process, lifestyle comments (relative to Oz/NZ) ... which is the purpose of the forum...isn't it?

i think uv just proved your own point
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:27 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I apologise on behalf of us lot who have been rambling on about totally non-immi things. I've no doubt it's boring the hell out of some people.

However, if you don't like the rambling threads, you could always ignore them. In my view, they're useful because they become a *dumping ground* for waffle and therefore prevent other threads being hijacked.

I'd also like to point out that there are occasional useful glimmers of information amongst the waffle. And I can't speak for the others, but I'm still posting the useful stuff in the sensible threads.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:27 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by soapy

I was going to say that but chickened out!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:29 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mr Grumpy Gills

In my opinion its better to have people posting about whatever..than no posts at all
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:30 am
She's a bird, you know

And one other thing....there is always the Oz & NZ Immigration part of the forum, for the serious questions and advice about immigration, a place where even smilies are banned.

This is the culture and lifestyle forum, in the general bracket and as part of the waffle often centres around differences of opinion in our lifestyles, it's not totally irrelevent
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:31 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
And one other thing....there is always the Oz & NZ Immigration part of the forum, for the serious questions and advice about immigration, a place where even smilies are banned.

This is the culture and lifestyle forum, in the general bracket and as part of the waffle often centres around differences of opinion in our lifestyles, it's not totally irrelevent
Right u !!! Get off that soapbox
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:33 am
Impressive Member

have I? Not really sure how you figure that.... But then I don't really care either (i.e. don't worry about explaining it)

Bundy you make a good point about dumping off waffle into some of these posts helps to stop informative posts being hijacked. But I'm more worry/annoyed (whatever) about the fact that, posts about nothing in particular can get 630 responses but more and more valid questions are getting ignored? It occurs to me that the two are related...

Personally I don't want to see what has been an incredibly valueable resource for all of us that have used it for any length of time, be turned into a simple, pointless chat room.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:34 am
She's a bird, you know

Right u !!! Get off that soapbox
OK, stepping down and moving back to one of the other *crap* threads to continue waffling in a useless way
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:36 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Shag do?
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:37 am
She's a bird, you know

have I? Not really sure how you figure that.... But then I don't really care either (i.e. don't worry about explaining it)

Bundy you make a good point about dumping off waffle into some of these posts helps to stop informative posts being hijacked. But I'm more worry/annoyed (whatever) about the fact that, posts about nothing in particular can get 630 responses but more and more valid questions are getting ignored? It occurs to me that the two are related...

Personally I don't want to see what has been an incredibly valueable resource for all of us that have used it for any length of time, be turned into a simple, pointless chat room.
Me neither, and what you say is true. But the informative stuff is still there and people are still posting their advice. Sometimes there are only so many answers to a specific question, whereas waffle can go on for ever, hence the many replies to a flippant post. I'd never not answer a valid question thread because I was too busy arsing about on a pointless one.

As an aside, who dictates the contents of this forum anyway? Would have thought it was those posting...
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

i might be wrong, but sometimes it takes a while to get an answer to a thread. while sitting wiating for that answer we (well i do) like to add to the silly ones
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:39 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The post you are referring to was started by me as a satire on many other threads about 'so called' useful information which inevtably would turn into point scoring excercises and general slanging matches.

As soon as anyone posts a fact or opinion they were being jumped on by anyone who did not agree or did not want to hear the information because it did not suit their fantasy.

The fact it had so many reponses must mean something.

G
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:39 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by bundy
Me neither, and what you say is true. But the informative stuff is still there and people are still posting their advice. Sometimes there are only so many answers to a specific question, whereas waffle can go on for ever, hence the many replies to a flippant post. I'd never not answer a valid question thread because I was too busy arsing about on a pointless one.

As an aside, who dictates the contents of this forum anyway? Would have thought it was those posting...
oh get back on there. your good .
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:41 am
Impressive Member

Fair enough, clearly it is just me.

Soapy - yes you are right, I did prove my own point. Yesterday I posted a (fairly simple) question about response times.... 1 answer... today, mention "crap" in the title... see a wave of response.

I'll step down

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.