Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Old Sep 5th 2004, 3:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's have a ''Top Tips'' thread..

Take a piece of kitchen roll lie on your bed and place the piece over u. help u get used to the Quilts here.

Buy a box of soap powder and place in your pocket. So it looks like ciggies.

Get out of bed, if it’s a great day phone your boss tell him your ill. Then meet him after work for a beer.

On a Friday night take your BBQ to the local beach, leave it there. Drive home, go to bed. Then get up the next morning and get all the kids into the car drive to the same beach. Put 10 bob in your own BBQ. Remember to clean it afterwards.

Get some of your friends to say “ oh my gawd� every time u tell them something they haven’t heard before.

Tell your workmates to sit on their arses all day and if they have to work, do it as slow as they can.

Oh when having a shit. Don’t bother to wipe your arse, just stick your finger up it. This will prepare u for the loo roll here.

soapy
Old Sep 5th 2004, 3:23 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Watch old episodes of the wacky races to prepare u for the driving (sydney)

soapy
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy

Oh when having a shit. Don’t bother to wipe your arse, just stick your finger up it. This will prepare u for the loo roll here.

soapy
But don't forget to dip your finger in some kind of perfumed cleaning fluid or disinfectant first to simulate the yucky smell of the loo roll......
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Pollyana
But don't forget to dip your finger in some kind of perfumed cleaning fluid or disinfectant first to simulate the yucky smell of the loo roll......
oh so thats the loo roll that smells like that !!!!!!!
I thought it was my shit !
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:57 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't conduct research into comparing Aussie beer with it's far better English counterparts. English ales are a lot stronger than Aussie stuff and come in bigger bottles [than I'm used to now].
Afraid to say last nights experiment when to the dogs after 3 pints of beer!!!
3 pint wonder me?
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:04 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Don't conduct research into comparing Aussie beer with it's far better English counterparts. English ales are a lot stronger than Aussie stuff and come in bigger bottles [than I'm used to now].
3 pint wonder me?
Thats only cos you're not used to the stuff after a few months on Aussie water! At least itmeans you drink less at a time and thus you're supplies last longer before you need a return trip to The Beer Supermarket!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

3 pint wonder me?
3 pints!!!!!

Please tell me that's not true.

What HAS that Aussie beer done to your system??? :scared:

G
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

3 pint wonder me?
Go to the pub, and after 8-10 pints, wait for a Fosters ad to come on the telly, then say "Bloody hell, all these aussies are p*ssheads!"

By the sound of it, this may not work too well for Cresta
Old Sep 6th 2004, 8:19 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
3 pints!!!!!

Please tell me that's not true.

What HAS that Aussie beer done to your system???

G

To be fair I had driven back from Brissy [3hrs] Stopped at the pub at Maleny for a sandwich and a couple of beers. Then had a very large traditional British sunday dinner, roast beef, yorkshire puding and all the veggies and mash, we always have to have mash please tell me it's not just my old fashioned mother who insists on veg & mash with everything.
I then sat quietly reading and attempting to digest the meal after a pint of Old Speckled Hen a pint of Double Diamond and half a pint of Adnams Broadside I found my eyelids drooping. After finishing the delicious Broadside to my shame I awoke at 10pm fully clothed book in hand
I blame the cooking shushhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell my mum :scared:
Old Sep 6th 2004, 8:26 am
Home and Happy

To be fair I had driven back from Brissy [3hrs] Stopped at the pub at Maleny for a sandwich and a couple of beers. Then had a very large traditional British sunday dinner, roast beef, yorkshire puding and all the veggies and mash, we always have to have mash
please tell me it's not just my old fashioned mother who insists on veg & mash with everything.
I then sat quietly reading and attempting to digest the meal after a pint of Old Speckled Hen a pint of Double Diamond and half a pint of Adnams Broadside I found my eyelids drooping. After finishing the delicious Broadside to my shame I awoke at 10pm fully clothed book in hand
I blame the cooking shushhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell my mum
It was obviously the stress of driving all that way, plus the large lunch......!! Nice place Maleny, by the way, isn't it. I must get The Bloke to take me there for lunch one day.
And a good selection of beers to finish off with....did you work out which youd missed the most?!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 8:32 am

It was obviously the stress of driving all that way, plus the large lunch......!! Nice place Maleny, by the way, isn't it. I must get The Bloke to take me there for lunch one day.
And a good selection of beers to finish off with....did you work out which youd missed the most?!
No I need to continue the research
I'll tell you one thing though, as I cracked the top on the Old Speckled Hen I could taste the hops before I'd even poured it Mmmmmm........ It was like Christmas morning as a child. Oh things are improving here all the time.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 9:07 am
Home and Happy

Oh me too! I sat there with my nose stuck to the top of the bottle just inhaling the hops! The Bloke thought I was mad,but just like you said - it felt like Christmas!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 9:41 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh me too! I sat there with my nose stuck to the top of the bottle just inhaling the hops! The Bloke thought I was mad,but just like you said - it felt like Christmas!
My favourite is Tanglefoot - now there also is a beer that smells lovely - and, I believe does you a LOT of good - well good for your soul, if not your liver
Anybody in Melbourne know a shop that sells it?? If not then I might have to go elsewhere.....
Old Sep 6th 2004, 9:49 am
Home and Happy

Have to get it shipped down from Brissie!!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 9:51 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to get it shipped down from Brissie!!
Sod it - looks like I'll be Brisbane bound now !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.