Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

let down when things moving forward

Wikiposts

let down when things moving forward

Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:34 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: let down when things moving forward

If you can find your occupation on a State or Territory Government's Wanted Skills List I'd be inclined to consider a Skilled - State/Territory Nominated Independent visa (ponits requirement = 70) first before the Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa - the Skilled - STNI visa gives you permanent residency straightaway, while the second means a two year wait as a temporary visaholder until you can apply for permanent residency.

As a previous poster has said, your occupation appears on the ACT Government's Wanted List:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=395
(see the weblink in this news article)

Unfortunately QLD doesn't participate in the State Nomination program unless you are already the holder of a SIR visa who is seeking a permanent residency visa:
http://www.sdi.qld.gov.au/dsdweb/v3/...l.cfm?id=23810

Best regards.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:22 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
If you can find your occupation on a State or Territory Government's Wanted Skills List I'd be inclined to consider a Skilled - State/Territory Nominated Independent visa (ponits requirement = 70) first before the Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa - the Skilled - STNI visa gives you permanent residency straightaway, while the second means a two year wait as a temporary visaholder until you can apply for permanent residency.

As a previous poster has said, your occupation appears on the ACT Government's Wanted List:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=395
(see the weblink in this news article)

Unfortunately QLD doesn't participate in the State Nomination program unless you are already the holder of a SIR visa who is seeking a permanent residency visa:
http://www.sdi.qld.gov.au/dsdweb/v3/...l.cfm?id=23810

Best regards.
thanks to you all.We never even thought about ACT but as they say things happen for a reason and maybe this is the place for us.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:00 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jon&kate
thanks to you all.We never even thought about ACT but as they say things happen for a reason and maybe this is the place for us.
this is a long shot but would my wifes job give us any point's?She works in admin?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:52 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Does she have diploma or degree level qualification? And what is her recent work experience?

In other words does she meet the basic requirements for skilled migration?

Best regards.

this is a long shot but would my wifes job give us any point's?She works in admin?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:56 pm
jon&a mp;kate

Does she have diploma or degree level qualification? And what is her recent work experience?

In other words does she meet the basic requirements for skilled migration?

Best regards.
she is a the secretary for a team inside a large company(they make a famous blackcurrent drink).also i have just done an on-line points test and have included that my trade (print machinest) in on the demand list in victoria so i think this may give us the extra 5 points we need for 136 visa.Do you know anything about the temp 495 visa?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:57 pm
jon&a mp;kate

she is a the secretary for a team inside a large company(they make a famous blackcurrent drink).also i have just done an on-line points test and have included that my trade (print machinest) in on the demand list in victoria so i think this may give us the extra 5 points we need for 136 visa.Do you know anything about the temp 495 visa?
just to make you aware i have got the tra back positive for 60 points
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:10 pm
Migration Agent

I'm not quite sure I follow that, Jon.

What 5 points have you claimed for your occupation being on the demand list in Victoria?

Is it in fact on the State Nomination list in Victoria?

Information about the 495 (SIR) visa is here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=307
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=315
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=348

Hope this helps.

Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:42 pm
jon&a mp;kate

I'm not quite sure I follow that, Jon.

What 5 points have you claimed for your occupation being on the demand list in Victoria?

Is it in fact on the State Nomination list in Victoria?

Information about the 495 (SIR) visa is here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=307
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=315
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=348

Hope this helps.
i have looked at the state short list and mixed it up with national list.I think our main concern is that i will have to stay in my nominated trade rather than take other jobs.IS this the case?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:47 pm
Migration Agent

No ... see my reply to your other thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=1#post3891323

Best regards.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:52 pm
jon&a mp;kate

No ... see my reply to your other thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=1#post3891323

Best regards.
mant thanks allan,it's not a case of not wanting to stay in the print industry it's just if another oppertunity came up that was right for us i would look at it on it's merits.Ive done 12 hr days and nights for most of my working life and if a job came up doing family friendly hours i would be stupid not to look at it.If its a case of being able to work in any job and not just your nominated trade it would make things clearer as im not clear as to the conditions of the regional visa's i:e what they expect?

regards
john
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:07 pm
Migration Agent

My experience with the State/Territory Nominated visas (and this applies to all the States and Territories that participate) is that the nominating State or Territory Governments want to see evidence of research into the place where you say you want to live, of your commitment to that same State/Territory, and of your ability to maintain yourself financially and emotionally when you move there.

Beyond that I don't perceive many other issues being material in their decision as to whether or not to nominate - unless you work in IT, which is a different ball game.

Best regards.

mant thanks allan,it's not a case of not wanting to stay in the print industry it's just if another oppertunity came up that was right for us i would look at it on it's merits.Ive done 12 hr days and nights for most of my working life and if a job came up doing family friendly hours i would be stupid not to look at it.If its a case of being able to work in any job and not just your nominated trade it would make things clearer as im not clear as to the conditions of the regional visa's i:e what they expect?

regards
john