Reload this Page >

Lenders Mortgage Insurance?

Lenders Mortgage Insurance?

Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:17 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lenders Mortgage Insurance?

Originally Posted by IvanM
Dipping into super will attract a tax bill.
Excellent! ... ... but ta for the heads up.

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Sorry to hear this mate. I know what it's like to lose your job and worry about mortgage payments. Like you say jobs are disposable in Aus and the GFC hasn't helped

Good luck with moving forward mate
Cheers ...

Yeah spoke to bank today and they told me I can empty house and return keys to bank with a letter from us both explaining why. Bank will change locks next day and have it on the market, but she warned me how once ppl know it's a house repo, they'll be after a bargain!

LMI will cover any shortfalls, but as already said she confirmed the insurance company will then come after me for the money.

Will get it on the market ASAP and see how we go I spose.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
LMI will cover any shortfalls, but as already said she confirmed the insurance company will then come after me for the money.
What a farce LMI is!

So I'm a bank...and nobody forces me to lend you money, and I should be pretty good at assessing the risks, but I give you the money, as long as I'm insured against the risk I decided to take. BUT, I'm not going to pay for that insurance myself, no, I'm going to get you to pay for it, but you won't get any of the benefit of it, even the opposite in fact!

What a bizarre system!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
What a farce LMI is!

So I'm a bank...and nobody forces me to lend you money, and I should be pretty good at assessing the risks, but I give you the money, as long as I'm insured against the risk I decided to take. BUT, I'm not going to pay for that insurance myself, no, I'm going to get you to pay for it, but you won't get any of the benefit of it, even the opposite in fact!

What a bizarre system!
It's like I said to the lady at the bank. So why doesn't my car insurance company come after me after paying out for the $10k of damage i've just done to another car? They don't, they pay up and my insurance goes up next year!

$9,870 for the LMI too! .... pfffft!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

What a farce LMI is!

What a bizarre system!
Banks are extremely good at assessing risk. They've assessed (unfortunately but correctly here) that most people with less than a 20% deposit are a high risk. No-one is forced to pay the LMI - they can save for a higher deposit or buy a cheaper property where their deposit is equal to 20% of the total.

And buyers who have to pay for LMI do get a benefit it - they get the ability to borrow the money in the first place. Without it, no-one would lend them anything.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
Banks are extremely good at assessing risk. They've assessed (unfortunately but correctly here) that most people with less than a 20% deposit are a high risk. No-one is forced to pay the LMI - they can save for a higher deposit or buy a cheaper property where their deposit is equal to 20% of the total.

And buyers who have to pay for LMI do get a benefit it - they get the ability to borrow the money in the first place. Without it, no-one would lend them anything.
Sheesh...anyone would think you're a real estate agent or summink!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:17 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

How did the GFC happen?
Originally Posted by NickyC

Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:18 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

More likely a banker.

Sheesh...anyone would think you're a real estate agent or summink!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
More likely a banker.
Guess again.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:29 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! ... ... but ta for the heads up.

Cheers ...

Yeah spoke to bank today and they told me I can empty house and return keys to bank with a letter from us both explaining why. Bank will change locks next day and have it on the market, but she warned me how once ppl know it's a house repo, they'll be after a bargain!

Will get it on the market ASAP and see how we go I spose.
Good luck mate, hope you come out of this stronger and more happier all round without the worries
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:31 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

What a farce LMI is!

What a bizarre system!
like everything to do with the banks out here, they are lazy, greedy, good for nothing barstewards who set the rules to advantage the banks, zero their risks and provide sod all to the customer
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Good luck mate, hope you come out of this stronger and more happier all round without the worries
Just to be able to afford a weekend away will do!

I DO remember disposable income you know! ...
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:46 am

Just to be able to afford a weekend away will do!

I DO remember disposable income you know! ...
Disposable income what's that
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Disposable income what's that
Think long and hard, it'll come to ya!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:49 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Paul,

Good luck mate, what a palava, renter for life me tinks, never like decorating anyway, well apart from the toilet basin after a good ruby murray!

Keith....Just to lighten the mood!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Hey Paul,

Good luck mate, what a palava, renter for life me tinks, never like decorating anyway, well apart from the toilet basin after a good ruby murray!

Keith....Just to lighten the mood!
... I hear ya!

Yeah prob repeating myself but kids and dog won't be with us in 5 years. We'll rent a house to accommodate them till then, and then CBD living I reckon. Nice lil unit with a bar downstairs thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.