Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

LEICESTER/MIDLANDS MEET UP :D

LEICESTER/MIDLANDS MEET UP :D

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

smythes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LEICESTER/MIDLANDS MEET UP :D

Hi We live 5 mins from fosse park in whetstone. We have our permanent resident 136 visa and are emigrating in August but going out for 2 weeks at easter to activate our visa. Would love to meet up. My hubby is a carpenter and we are also looking to move to Gold Coast/Brisbane area. We are both 28, no kinds yet but still haven't decided where exactly we are going to move to over there. Would love to get in contact.

Clare and Mike Smythe
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

angela n steve is a jewel in the roughangela n steve is a jewel in the roughangela n steve is a jewel in the roughangela n steve is a jewel in the rough

Thats a coincidence we also going to Brisbane at easter to house hunt even though still waiiting for C O . Where is fosse park if you dont mind me asking ?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

smythes is an unknown quantity at this point

Fosse park is the out of town shopping centre just of J21 of the Motorway. Have I got confused I thought you guys lived by J21 of the M1.. Sorry if I have?
Clare and mike
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

angela n steve is a jewel in the roughangela n steve is a jewel in the roughangela n steve is a jewel in the roughangela n steve is a jewel in the rough

We live jct 28 and were looking at going to the meet in jan. I dont no what happened to the couple from near you. Sorry for the confusion, you are welcome to meet with us anytime
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Hi everyone

Do you think we should try and arrange a meet up in the near future? If so, what about somewhere around J24 M1 because that sounds about the middle of us?

Probably somewhere mid-end March/early April? Any suggestions for where and when?

Otherwise, I think we will just talk about it on here and never meet up. Would be nice to meet some more people before we go in June.

Jo
xx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

BecciJ will become famous soon enough

Are we talking mid week or weekend? Which is easier for everyone? Personally mid week is better but i appreciate those with further to travel/babysitters to organise may not feel the same!

J24 is good for me, head off there onto the A50, take the 1st junction and turn right towards Long Eaton & there's a pub called the Plank & Leggitt. It has a wacky warehouse for kids! Sound anygood to anyone?

Becci
x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

We are easy either way - our son is 16 so no babysitters to organise!!

That pub sounds great.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdraper
We are easy either way - our son is 16 so no babysitters to organise!!

That pub sounds great.

Ha!
Shall we just set a date then an anyone else who wants to join in can do?!
How about... thurs 28th March/thurs 3rd April?
Hoping by then i'll have had some visa news :-)
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Is that in the evening? At work till 6pm but take Andrew to Air Cadets at 6.30pm so could get there for 7ish.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Hi we are j15 M1 northampton
how long do you think it will take to drive there?
Claire.x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdraper
Is that in the evening? At work till 6pm but take Andrew to Air Cadets at 6.30pm so could get there for 7ish.
7ish is fine by me Shall we go for the 27th March date?
OH & i will probably have some grub at the pub if you fancy it.

Anyone else out there on BE joining us?!

I might open a new thread once we've finalised...

Last edited by BecciJ; Feb 26th 2008 at 11:28 am.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Hi we are j15 M1 northampton
how long do you think it will take to drive there?
Claire.x
About an hour i'd say Claire.
We'll be there for a couple of hours probably so it wouldn't matter if you couldn't make it for 7.
x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

NinaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BecciJ
Are we talking mid week or weekend? Which is easier for everyone? Personally mid week is better but i appreciate those with further to travel/babysitters to organise may not feel the same!

J24 is good for me, head off there onto the A50, take the 1st junction and turn right towards Long Eaton & there's a pub called the Plank & Leggitt. It has a wacky warehouse for kids! Sound anygood to anyone?

Becci
x
I wont be able to meet mid week unless it is during the holidays. Is anyone going to Perth or is it just me. I am now off mid April which is good but got lots to do before then. Would love to meet some of you guys especially any Perth people. You should all come to Perth its a shorter plane journey!!!!!!!!!
Nina
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Originally Posted by BecciJ
About an hour i'd say Claire.
We'll be there for a couple of hours probably so it wouldn't matter if you couldn't make it for 7.
x
Thank you Becky, will talk to oh as its abit difficult during the week but will try and get baby sitter.
How many are going to The Gold Coast?
Claire.x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

We could arrange a weekend meet too. The only reason mid week is best for me is because my weekends are taken up for a good while trying to catch up with friends before we leave!

Me & OH heading for the sunshine coast, Maroochydore.
We're going on a 457 (employer sponsored visa) and waiting for the green light from immigration so we have no travel date in mind as yet... fingers crossed! We're hoping it will be May/June time.

x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.