British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   leeds xmas meet (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/leeds-xmas-meet-265436/)

mand8002 Dec 5th 2004 6:16 pm

Re: leeds xmas meet

19th at 1pm sounds great...............but when I asked where?.............I meant which place as I can't remember what was finally decided.
Amanda

gsb Dec 5th 2004 6:36 pm

Hi Amanda

Both meets are at the same place (I believe) at Brewsters.

We (me and Scissors) will see you there then.

If you want I can PM you my mobile number and you will be able to text me on the day.

Cheers, Gary

Originally Posted by mand8002
19th at 1pm sounds great...............but when I asked where?.............I meant which place as I can't remember what was finally decided.
Amanda

scissors Dec 6th 2004 7:00 am

Hi everyone, just thought id put up all the final details cos i think theres some confusion,so here it is,
The pub is called "The old Brickworks"(Brewsters) the telephone number is ...
0113 287 9132 its on the Wakefield road,Drighlington,Leeds bd11 1ea
Exit at j27 _m62 north,at the A650/A62 roundabout turn left onto the A650,then about a quater of a mile down the road turn right onto the B6135 and brewsters is on the left.
Heres a link... www.sitelocator.whitbread.co...chfiletype=null
There is a map on page 6 of this thread.
saturday the 18 dec at 6pm and sunday the 19th dec at 1pm.
Pm me if anyone would like my mobile number to get in touch once you get there,hope everyone can make one of those days,we ll be in the bar :beer: looking forward to meeting everyone :D

tracey gary and kerry ;)

Kelli28 Dec 6th 2004 11:27 am

hi im back anyone miss me

we will be there on 19th bringing james too to terrorise everyone :D :scared:

scissors Dec 6th 2004 1:15 pm

Hi kerry, we really missed you babes, good to see your back.look forward to having a long chat at the meet. :D

tracey.

Jonahs_mummy Dec 6th 2004 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by kelli28
hi im back anyone miss me

we will be there on 19th bringing james too to terrorise everyone :D :scared:

We missed you soooooooooooooooooo much!

Cheeky Dec 6th 2004 2:12 pm

Hi C

I have been just checking the thread for times/dates/place etc and Ive just noticed this....

Bit of a claim to fame here (well not really, but your Steve might be impressed!). My son (he was only 5yrs old at the time) was scouted by Man City Football Academy. He only lasted there for 2 months though, as he got a bit overwhelmed with it all, bless! He was very well looked after while he was there, the coaches are excellent. Not much of a 'claim' Im afraid!! But I was/am proud of him! :o

Sorry for going off at a tangent, back on track, where was I?!! Oh yes, the meet! We hope to come to the meet on the Sunday I will let you all know for def nearer the time, hope thats ok. Are many bringing children? My daughter is 11 and my son is 8.

Fingers crossed we can come, looking forward to meeting you all again and meeting new faces as well.

Cheeky :)
xx

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
LOL:D ;) We didn't tell you in London did we....... Steve is a Man City fan!!

Jonahs_mummy Dec 6th 2004 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi C

I have been just checking the thread for times/dates/place etc and Ive just noticed this....

Bit of a claim to fame here (well not really, but your Steve might be impressed!). My son (he was only 5yrs old at the time) was scouted by Man City Football Academy. He only lasted there for 2 months though, as he got a bit overwhelmed with it all, bless! He was very well looked after while he was there, the coaches are excellent. Not much of a 'claim' Im afraid!! But I was/am proud of him! :o

Sorry for going off at a tangent, back on track, where was I?!! Oh yes, the meet! We hope to come to the meet on the Sunday I will let you all know for def nearer the time, hope thats ok. Are many bringing children? My daughter is 11 and my son is 8.

Fingers crossed we can come, looking forward to meeting you all again and meeting new faces as well.

Cheeky :)
xx

I will be sure to tell him - I think he will be dead impressed!

Claire
xxx

worzel Dec 6th 2004 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Are many bringing children? My daughter is 11 and my son is 8.

We will be bringing our 7 year old daughter. She will probably be the last one to go to bed too :D

lauralollipop Dec 6th 2004 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by worzel
We will be bringing our 7 year old daughter. She will probably be the last one to go to bed too :D

cant wait to see you all again, think we will have to go to the 1pm meet, will you all still be there?

hope so cos I need some moral support as my parents are giving me tons of shit about going to melbourne and i am soooo depressed. This is the best news i have in years and i am made to feel iam making the BIGGEST mistakeof my life, or so they keep telling me.....

laura
xxx

worzel Dec 6th 2004 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
cant wait to see you all again, think we will have to go to the 1pm meet, will you all still be there?

hope so cos I need some moral support as my parents are giving me tons of shit about going to melbourne and i am soooo depressed. This is the best news i have in years and i am made to feel iam making the BIGGEST mistakeof my life, or so they keep telling me.....

laura
xxx

We will still be there at 1pm, either because we haven't gone to bed yet or because we are starting again. :D Its only natural you are getting hassle from relatives as they are going to miss you / jealous and all the other reasons discussed on here. You have to be strong and do what you think is right for your family. Once they are gone they will come to realise they can't stop you and will start making the best of the situation. Personally, despite being relieved that my telling-of-the-parents went so smoothly on Saturday I am now starting to worry that they took it to easily. Almost as if it didn't register. Can't have it both ways! Karma on its way!

scissors Dec 6th 2004 4:37 pm

Hiya we re bringing our 16 yr old and i think a lot of people are bringing children too.We ll def be there at ipm think we ll stop in the bar all night :beer: on saturday save getting up and going again on sunday :D
Chin up laura your definatly doing the right thing we re all behind you,i know what you mean about parents though,look forward to seeing everyone.

tracey.

lauralollipop Dec 6th 2004 4:41 pm

thanks, im looking forwardto a beer and socializing with like minded people instead of those that put a downer on it, c ya there :beer:

laura
xxxx

scissors Dec 6th 2004 4:54 pm

Know what you mean hun,nobody seems to want to know at my end either,thats why this forum is just great.
Gotta give you a good send off anyway :beer: we ll have to get together once we are in oz,check out each others areas :D

tracey.

lauralollipop Dec 6th 2004 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by scissors
Know what you mean hun,nobody seems to want to know at my end either,thats why this forum is just great.
Gotta give you a good send off anyway :beer: we ll have to get together once we are in oz,check out each others areas :D

tracey.

yes we can be each others sustitute family!