Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving the UK on 18th August - finally !

Leaving the UK on 18th August - finally !

Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

MummyKarin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving the UK on 18th August - finally !

We applied for our visa in Dec '02 and we are finally leaving the UK for Melbourne on the 18 August, only 3 weeks away tomorrow.

I am really excited, but also a little scared. We have been planning this for so long, but it still scary getting so close.

We will fly with Singapore Airlines from Heathrow to Singapore. Then we will spend a week in Phuket, a week in Singapore, and then a week in Bali, before finally arriving in Melbourne on the 9th Sept.

We are in the middle of trying to get everything organised, having good-bye parties (2 down, one to go!) and just to really make it more emotional, my mum will be visiting for the weekend from Denmark tomorrow.

The last 2 days I have been cleaning shoes and golf equipment with Jeyes in the garden in the heat - not pleasant.

I do feel that the big things are in place and that it will be all right, but then I get a moment of worry and wonder how we will ever make it work and perhaps we will hate it or the ship will go down with the container and all our jeyes cleaned shoes will go under, or the kids will hate the school and blame us for taking them etc etc

I suppose it is normal to be a little apprehensive, so I will just have another glass of red (Australian of course) and try to keep positive.

Well if anybody are flying from Heathrow on the same day, feel free to contact us and perhaps we can give each other some emotional support!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all
Default Re: Leaving the UK on 18th August - finally !

I finish my work on 18th August and hoping to fly out on 18th September for Melbourne. All feels so surreal.

All the very best for the start of your new life.

Good luck.

Sandra
x
Old Jul 28th 2006, 6:10 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Leaving the UK on 18th August - finally !

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
I finish my work on 18th August and hoping to fly out on 18th September for Melbourne. All feels so surreal.

All the very best for the start of your new life.

Good luck.

Sandra
x
My wife and finish work today and fly out on the 18th August too!

Although we are flying Cathay Pacific and going to Hong Kong and then Cairns!

R.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MummyKarin
We applied for our visa in Dec '02 and we are finally leaving the UK for Melbourne on the 18 August, only 3 weeks away tomorrow.

I am really excited, but also a little scared. We have been planning this for so long, but it still scary getting so close.

We will fly with Singapore Airlines from Heathrow to Singapore. Then we will spend a week in Phuket, a week in Singapore, and then a week in Bali, before finally arriving in Melbourne on the 9th Sept.

We are in the middle of trying to get everything organised, having good-bye parties (2 down, one to go!) and just to really make it more emotional, my mum will be visiting for the weekend from Denmark tomorrow.

The last 2 days I have been cleaning shoes and golf equipment with Jeyes in the garden in the heat - not pleasant.

I do feel that the big things are in place and that it will be all right, but then I get a moment of worry and wonder how we will ever make it work and perhaps we will hate it or the ship will go down with the container and all our jeyes cleaned shoes will go under, or the kids will hate the school and blame us for taking them etc etc

I suppose it is normal to be a little apprehensive, so I will just have another glass of red (Australian of course) and try to keep positive.

Well if anybody are flying from Heathrow on the same day, feel free to contact us and perhaps we can give each other some emotional support!
Hiya,

We are flying from Heathrow that day too!!....to Brisbane though!..what time does your flight leave?
Tanya x
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of

It doesn't seem 5 mins ago since i was there....a rollercoaster of emotions.........excitement, wonder, worry, sadness (leaving loved ones) etc. I hope everything goes ok for you and you have a fab life here in Oz!!!!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:39 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Good luck to you and maybe see you in Melbourne soon!!!!

Lorraine
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:39 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Safe flights - ensure you take the kids to the Singapore Zoo (and take their swimming coses).

Look forward to seeing you in Melbourne

We came from just south of you in Horsham, West Sussex.

Kiwi
Old Jul 28th 2006, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebears
Safe flights - ensure you take the kids to the Singapore Zoo (and take their swimming coses).

Look forward to seeing you in Melbourne

We came from just south of you in Horsham, West Sussex.

Kiwi
We could be going on the 18th...house sale pending.and via singapore..I work in Horsham,live in Crawley
Old Jul 28th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hiya,

We are flying from Heathrow that day too!!....to Brisbane though!..what time does your flight leave?
Tanya x
Dont suppose you got time to pop in to our meet on the 5th then Tanya?
Good luck with the trip if you dont. Are you going to be staying in Brisbane?

Mick
Old Jul 28th 2006, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Dont suppose you got time to pop in to our meet on the 5th then Tanya?
Good luck with the trip if you dont. Are you going to be staying in Brisbane?

Mick
Hi Mick,

How are your plans coming along??
Yes, what time is the meet up...I'm having a night out with the girls from work that night....to say our goodbyes
Would love to come if it's a reasonably early start.
Yes, we are staying in Brisbane...Dave managed to get a job there so the decision was made for us!
Hope you are all well.
Tanya, Dave, Oscar and Megan X
Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi Mick,

How are your plans coming along??
Yes, what time is the meet up...I'm having a night out with the girls from work that night....to say our goodbyes
Would love to come if it's a reasonably early start.
Yes, we are staying in Brisbane...Dave managed to get a job there so the decision was made for us!
Hope you are all well.
Tanya, Dave, Oscar and Megan X
Pop in for a couple of hours tanya, the other half can have a couple of beers before you go out for the start of the long goodbyes and there will be a few there who are going to Brisbane, some I think you have met.

3pm start

Mick

PS Good news on the job front for you, couldnt be better for you guys
Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Pop in for a couple of hours tanya, the other half can have a couple of beers before you go out for the start of the long goodbyes and there will be a few there who are going to Brisbane, some I think you have met.

3pm start

Mick

PS Good news on the job front for you, couldnt be better for you guys
Hi Mick,

3PM sounds good....Dave and I will organise things tonight.

Tanya
Old Jul 28th 2006, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Want to wish you all a safe journey.

I think Hubby is hoping we'll be in Melbourne by xmas or just after :scared:

The Co. have offered him a permanent visa and we have to tell them if we're accepting by next week :scared: :scared:

I'm petrified i'll have no friends over there, sorry dont' want to freak you guys out ionly came on here to wish you all the best of luck

Jenxx
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:38 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2438
We could be going on the 18th...house sale pending.and via singapore..I work in Horsham,live in Crawley

Where in Horsham do you work mate? Used to frequent the Black Jug. Which part of Oz are you headed?

Take care and good luck also with the flight.

Kiwi
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebears

Where in Horsham do you work mate? Used to frequent the Black Jug. Which part of Oz are you headed?

Take care and good luck also with the flight.

Kiwi
Wimblehurst road and the corner of parsonage road...black jug in north street...still there,going to Perth as its the only place in Oz that we have been to...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.