Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving party - well worth it in my book

Wikiposts

Leaving party - well worth it in my book

Old Oct 10th 2005, 5:44 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leaving party - well worth it in my book

There seem to be as many for leaving parties as against but here is my take on it. I was reluctant to do one because it cost over £500 all in with food / DJ / accomodation (weird being in a hotel in your own town!)

We sent out well over 100 invites and it was strange how many didn't even get a response. There were even a few who said they were coming and didn't but we had 50 or so really close friends and family going back years turn up and it shows you who your friends really are.

A few people even made an effort to make / buy a special present. Most surprising of all was Sam's step-dad (who made her teenage years very unhappy with his drinking) who made a lot of old photos of her and her brothers into a collage and had it laminated.

There were one or two tears but not too many. Maryann's cousin had being crying the previous day but they got together and made some lovely t-shirts with a picture of them both on it pulling faces.

But overall, we had a great night with good company and sat up until the small hours talking (but I can't remember much of what it was about ).

Conclusion - Much better to go out with a bang than a wimper.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 5:49 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving party - well worth it in my book

Originally Posted by worzel
There seem to be as many for leaving parties as against but here is my take on it. I was reluctant to do one because it cost over £500 all in with food / DJ / accomodation (weird being in a hotel in your own town!)

We sent out well over 100 invites and it was strange how many didn't even get a response. There were even a few who said they were coming and didn't but we had 50 or so really close friends and family going back years turn up and it shows you who your friends really are.

A few people even made an effort to make / buy a special present. Most surprising of all was Sam's step-dad (who made her teenage years very unhappy with his drinking) who made a lot of old photos of her and her brothers into a collage and had it laminated.

There were one or two tears but not too many. Maryann's cousin had being crying the previous day but they got together and made some lovely t-shirts with a picture of them both on it pulling faces.

But overall, we had a great night with good company and sat up until the small hours talking (but I can't remember much of what it was about ).

Sounds like a great night!!
We are deffo having a leaving do!!

Kris xx
Old Oct 10th 2005, 6:31 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you enjoyed yours we will need to sort ours soon ! :scared:

Have a great trip see you in perth too
Old Oct 10th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Sounds like a great idea, I'm sure we are definately having one....hopefully in about 4 months, fingers crossed.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:13 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

glad you enjoyed yourselfs we have got ours on fri must remember the tissues i just know im gonna blub see you next week!!! for a couple of slings hehehe
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:32 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Iain,

sounds like a great "do"! Glad it went well and will be a happy memory.

All the best with your trip on Friday and your new life in Perth.

Take care.

Gina
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:07 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

We're not having one. Hubby cant face it! Im a bit gutted actually was I was really looking forward to it. I think it will be harder to say lots of little goodbyes rather than one big one.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:37 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
We're not having one. Hubby cant face it! Im a bit gutted actually was I was really looking forward to it. I think it will be harder to say lots of little goodbyes rather than one big one.
its easier to blub and say goodbyes when you are slaughtered.

The mean old sod, organise one if you want it then have it. lifes too short for regrets.

You are moving half way round the world with this guy and may never see some of these people again.

Some places even give you the venue for free if you get enough people in drinking.

We are going out with a bang and will hopefully get arrested doing so(only joking dimia!!!LOL)

alk
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:38 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alkristensen
its easier to blub and say goodbyes when you are slaughtered.

The mean old sod, organise one if you want it then have it. lifes too short for regrets.

You are moving half way round the world with this guy and may never see some of these people again.

Some places even give you the venue for free if you get enough people in drinking.

We are going out with a bang and will hopefully get arrested doing so(only joking dimia!!!LOL)

alk
:scared: your on 666 posts :scared:
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great!!! I wasnt going to bother but have decided I am now. I think its something I would regret in years to come.

Looking forward to Kelli28s this weekend .

Tracey