Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Folks ... Public transport?

Brisbane Folks ... Public transport?

Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:08 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Brisbane Folks ... Public transport?

Hi folks

Been overed a position in Greenslopes, brisbane and was wondering what the public transport is like in and around the area..

We've not decided on a suburb to live in yet but knowing what the public transport is like will help make our minds up ...

We were intially thinking about albany creek as many people on here have said its a nice place to live but that was before i found out the suburb i'd be working in ..

Anyone got any links to the local train and bus service websites ..

cheers
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Folks ... Public transport?

Originally Posted by cam_uk
Hi folks

Been overed a position in Greenslopes, brisbane and was wondering what the public transport is like in and around the area..

We've not decided on a suburb to live in yet but knowing what the public transport is like will help make our minds up ...

We were intially thinking about albany creek as many people on here have said its a nice place to live but that was before i found out the suburb i'd be working in ..

Anyone got any links to the local train and bus service websites ..

cheers
Not a journey I'd want to do by public transport - the buses out here (I'm in Aspley) are OK, but crowded; you would almost certainly need to change in the city. Also the journey in peak times would be up and down Gympie Rd/Lutwyche Rd, which can be verrrrrry slow some days.
Trains are better as long as you live near a station, but over here we are a bit off the line - Albany Creek is probably even further out than us, so you'd need a way of getting to a station.
Lovely area of Brisbane to live in, but you really need your own transport. I do OK as The Bloke drops me off and picks me up, but we are lucky that we work where we do.

http://www.translink.com.au/

is the website you need.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:34 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not a journey I'd want to do by public transport - the buses out here (I'm in Aspley) are OK, but crowded; you would almost certainly need to change in the city. Also the journey in peak times would be up and down Gympie Rd/Lutwyche Rd, which can be verrrrrry slow some days.
Trains are better as long as you live near a station, but over here we are a bit off the line - Albany Creek is probably even further out than us, so you'd need a way of getting to a station.
Lovely area of Brisbane to live in, but you really need your own transport. I do OK as The Bloke drops me off and picks me up, but we are lucky that we work where we do.

http://www.translink.com.au/

is the website you need.
Cheers for that link .. like i say we're not set on that area .. but it does seem nice (from what i've read) ...

I'll take a look at the translink site and see what areas look comutable (sp!)

By the way if anyone can suggest a couple of other subs worth looking at i'd be eternally grateful (i've a wife and 18month old daughter so want a nice sub for the family )
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:10 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cam_uk
Cheers for that link .. like i say we're not set on that area .. but it does seem nice (from what i've read) ...

I'll take a look at the translink site and see what areas look comutable (sp!)

By the way if anyone can suggest a couple of other subs worth looking at i'd be eternally grateful (i've a wife and 18month old daughter so want a nice sub for the family )
Most of the southside would be commutable to a certain degree, but if you have the money, want to live close & like a mix of older & new houses have a look at Greenslopes itself, Holland Park (NOT Holland Park West), Coorparoo, Tarragindi, Camp Hill, Carina & Carindale.