Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving Party on Saturday!!! I know I'm gonna cry!!!!!!

Leaving Party on Saturday!!! I know I'm gonna cry!!!!!!

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:19 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Default Leaving Party on Saturday!!! I know I'm gonna cry!!!!!!

Well we've booked our leaving party for this Saturday (5th) and I'm now getting really nervous and I know I'm gonna get so emotional and cry too much!!!!

Teach - from here is hoping to come - good one you girl!!
Most of my good friends are also coming and loads of family, so I'm gonna invest in some waterproof mascara and take plenty of tissues!!!! I can't actually believe that I'm gonna leave them all behind now!!

I really don't think I can stand up and say something to everyone coz I'll just gonna get too emotional

I think I'm only just starting to realise what a huge decision we are making moving to the other side of the world!!! :scared:

Does everyone feel like this when their leaving party is approaching????

Shell
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:32 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Party on Saturday!!! I know I'm gonna cry!!!!!!

Originally Posted by shecha
Well we've booked our leaving party for this Saturday (5th) and I'm now getting really nervous and I know I'm gonna get so emotional and cry too much!!!!

Teach - from here is hoping to come - good one you girl!!
Most of my good friends are also coming and loads of family, so I'm gonna invest in some waterproof mascara and take plenty of tissues!!!! I can't actually believe that I'm gonna leave them all behind now!!

I really don't think I can stand up and say something to everyone coz I'll just gonna get too emotional

I think I'm only just starting to realise what a huge decision we are making moving to the other side of the world!!! :scared:

Does everyone feel like this when their leaving party is approaching????

Shell
Hey, dont worry about it, I am sure everyone felt the same about their party.

Have a great time,

just remember why you are coming to Oz, and look forward to it, besides communication is easy, we still have phones, e mail, msn messenger and web cams here as well.. ha ha ha

Where abouts in oz are you headed to?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:52 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

'ello luv,

Dont worry about it, take heaps of photos and have the best night of your life, if this involves tissues and tears, so be it!
One thing you do learn about being here, is exactly how strong your friendships are, its not always the people you'd expect it to be either, which can be both upsetting and suprisingly refreshing Don't forget as well, you're going to meet so many new people over here, if you get here in time they'll be the Brissie Girls, and if you miss the next meet we can still hook up, and they'll probably be another one around Easter anyway

You've got so much happening right now, but you're going to be just great about it all I know!! Noone expects you to say anything at your party, have a word individually if you want to say something if its easier.

Anyway, all the best of luck - its not the easiest thing in the world to do, but when you step off that plane in good ol' Brissie and its 28C and only 8am, you won't be able to help but smile.

Make sure you keep me upto date with where you are and when you get here

xx
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Yep,

There were shed loads of tears at our leaving do but our friends and family all supported us 110% and we had a great night.

Once you get here you will realise you are doing the right thing!!

Good luck
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough

At our leaving party I started bawling when my family were making the food!!! I had an emotional ride leaving my family & friends and just when the tears came, I'd ride them, laugh at myself and carry on. It was hard, especially when my close mates had made a picture frame of loads of different photos from over the past 15 years, but I think that's part of the "leaving process". I still miss all my mates & family, but know that the life we have chosen is the one we were after!! Hang on in there & the only way is up!! (and then down when you get here...cos we're down under! )

Good Luck!
Stacey
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:23 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone for all your replies, I really appreciate it.

It probably will be easier to say something to people individually rather than get up and say someone to everyone. I'll get hubby to do the big speech if he wants to do it!!!!

I'm gonna keep thinking of the fab new life we're gonna have down under and the new friends I'll have there and all the Brissie Girls Nite's Out I'm gonna go to

Cheers again

Shell
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having one of "those" moments today. No doubts about going just the "OMG what are we doing, why are we doing it" thoughts. Found out last night that youngest daughter and her friends keep crying at school. They are all fine but are starting to get hormonal and emotional. I know it's normal to have a minor panic every now and then but ahhhhhhh!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
What are you doing for your party? Is it adults only or kids too? Just enquiring as although we havent booked our party need to sell the house we are already having thoughts about the party.
Have a great night and just think what an adventure you are starting out on. Your friends and family will be here when you come back for a holiday.
Wishing you lots of fun
Irene
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shecha
Thanks everyone for all your replies, I really appreciate it.

It probably will be easier to say something to people individually rather than get up and say someone to everyone. I'll get hubby to do the big speech if he wants to do it!!!!

I'm gonna keep thinking of the fab new life we're gonna have down under and the new friends I'll have there and all the Brissie Girls Nite's Out I'm gonna go to

Cheers again

Shell
Hi Shell,
have been out Tues night, wed night, out tonight with more friends fri another group of friends sat all family (big family) sunday and monday recovery at home with the kids fly tuesday morning 9.55 from manchester to singapore, three day's in sing then fly to brisbane to make our new life on the sunshine coast. aghhhhhh can't believe we are at this stage :scared: When do you fly and from where?

Cazz
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:14 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'm having one of "those" moments today. No doubts about going just the "OMG what are we doing, why are we doing it" thoughts. Found out last night that youngest daughter and her friends keep crying at school. They are all fine but are starting to get hormonal and emotional. I know it's normal to have a minor panic every now and then but ahhhhhhh!

Hi there,

I'm quite lucky coz my son is only 2 so he doesn't have friends to leave behind. I bet it's even harder when your children are upset and hormonal!!!

I'm sure your daughter will be fine once you'e in Oz and she has made new friends!!

Glad I'm not the only one who has a panic now and again!!!

Shell
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:25 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi
What are you doing for your party? Is it adults only or kids too? Just enquiring as although we havent booked our party need to sell the house we are already having thoughts about the party.
Have a great night and just think what an adventure you are starting out on. Your friends and family will be here when you come back for a holiday.
Wishing you lots of fun
Irene
Hi Irene,

Our party is aa local pub thats got a function room. We've got loads of Aussie themed decorations like blow up kangaroos/crocodiles, Aussie flags and bunting and helium balloons etc, so it should be a laugh!!!

Someone is bringing a book that everyone at the party can sign comments in. God knows what sort of comments they will be towards the end of the night !!!

I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Shell
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:27 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Shell you'll be fine....(she says knowing she'll blub when the time comes BIG time! )

Enjoy your party and just keep reminding yourself that it's not really goodbye...it's see you soon Your family and friends will come over to visit and those that don't, you'll see when you come back for a holiday yourself.

Good Luck!!!!!!! See you in Brissy!!!!

Petra
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:30 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by cazz
Hi Shell,
have been out Tues night, wed night, out tonight with more friends fri another group of friends sat all family (big family) sunday and monday recovery at home with the kids fly tuesday morning 9.55 from manchester to singapore, three day's in sing then fly to brisbane to make our new life on the sunshine coast. aghhhhhh can't believe we are at this stage :scared: When do you fly and from where?

Cazz
Hi Cazz,

Our house sale contracts are due to be exchanged on 14th Feb and if there are no delays, then we will fly out to Brissie from Heathrow on 19th Feb. We've booked the party early coz we didn't wanna wait until 14th Feb and then have no time to arrange one!

I love the Sunshine Coast - we went there in June for a few days and stayed in Maloolobah (probably spelt wrong!) and thought it was beautiful!!

Where are you planning to stay??

Shell
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:33 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by artep
Shell you'll be fine....(she says knowing she'll blub when the time comes BIG time! )

Enjoy your party and just keep reminding yourself that it's not really goodbye...it's see you soon Your family and friends will come over to visit and those that don't, you'll see when you come back for a holiday yourself.

Good Luck!!!!!!! See you in Brissy!!!!

Petra
Hi Petra,

Have you calmed down after your house survey now!!! I'm calmer - but now I'm really nervous and wanna know if they found anything - especially as the party is on Saturday!!!

Where is Brissie are you gonna be living???

Shell
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:42 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya!!

We're looking at Buderim/Mountain Creek area....bit north of Brissy. We fancy that area as we like the look of Mountain Creek High School...it has a good reputation. We can't afford to send our kids (14, 12 & 9) to private school so finding a good state one was high on our list of 'must have's'. I feel if my kids are happy then it will be easier to cope with everything else migrating throws at you!! Another member...'Sydney the Dog' has recently settled in Buderim, his kids go to MCrk High and he highly recommends it. The school has also been really helpful with info etc for us...all in all good vibes!
Also its not too far from a beach!!! All my kids would live in water if they could!

Petra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.