leaving

Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default leaving

I am about to take a really big step and leave an abusive relationship after 10 years, I will be heading interstate with 2 kids - who cant wait to get out. Any one got any suggestions where in QLD I can go that is relatively cheap I need to rent asap, get the kids into school and hopefully find work.
Any suggestions would be good, hopefully go before end of school holidays, wont have access to computer after that, got soooo much to sort out, but still going!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:13 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know enough about QLD to help, I'm afraid - others will. But just wanted to say well done for getting yourself and your kids out of such a situation and all the very best of luck for the future
Old Apr 14th 2004, 11:51 am
ABCDiamond

This website will show rentals in QLD.

Hope it helps in starting to look.

Are you looking for somewhere close to Brisbane ?

Old Apr 14th 2004, 11:06 pm
mick n cheryl

Hi Invictia

Hope it all works out for you.

I would recommend Mackay and surrounding area's (I love it up here!!), the housing still seems quite "cheap" 2 Bed rentals from around $120 a week, 3 from $150 ish ,We have a 3 + Granny flat + pool for $265 a week all aircon and one of the best area's and that is quite expensive!.

Just a suggestion do you have anywhere in mind?

Mick n Cheryl

Old Apr 15th 2004, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Hi!
Yep Mackay is where we are heading for, decided that last night, just sorting out the last few bits, things that I need to take with me. etc., etc., obviously he doesn 't know I'm going yet!
Just waiting for the "right" time because I dont know how he will react when he finds out i've gone!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:09 am
mick n cheryl

Hi,

If you need any help with anything up here PM us and we will do all we can, don't be shy to ask

Mick n Cheryl

Old Apr 15th 2004, 7:30 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: leaving

Originally posted by invictia
I am about to take a really big step and leave an abusive relationship after 10 years, I will be heading interstate with 2 kids - who cant wait to get out. Any one got any suggestions where in QLD I can go that is relatively cheap I need to rent asap, get the kids into school and hopefully find work.
Any suggestions would be good, hopefully go before end of school holidays, wont have access to computer after that, got soooo much to sort out, but still going!

Wow!!!!
I sooo admire what you are doing!!
I have just got out of a very long term dull, boring, loveless relationship )with 3 kids in tow) and that was hard enough...I know it takes every ounce of strength you have to make the decision, so good luck with everything!!

sue
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:05 am
Linda Max

can't help as I'm in NZ, but wanted to say, you go girl. no looking back, zero tolerance

Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:32 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes me too .... go girl ... more power!!!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys,

Even though I've set a date, spent all evening at work having cold feet! Friend at work told me to go for it!
After reading all your positive posts I know I have got to go through with it! Keep me positive please!!!!!!!!!!! Not worried about becoming single parent kids are now 16 & 11 anyway!
Just bit concerned about money, rent, food etc.,
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:34 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys,

Even though I've set a date, spent all evening at work having cold feet! Friend at work told me to go for it!
After reading all your positive posts I know I have got to go through with it! Keep me positive please!!!!!!!!!!! Not worried about becoming single parent kids are now 16 & 11 anyway!
Anything will be better than staying where you are. Just keep that in mind. You'll find a way to make your new life work - if you're strong enough to leave your current situation then you are definitely strong enough to find a job and place to live. You'll be fine, even if it's tough at first.

Looks like there are some others in the Mackay area, so use their help and advice.

Put some warms socks (ugg boots, perhaps??!!) on those cold feet and get walking girl!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Get out and stay out-you deserve a life,one that is happy and fear free.Remember your kids deserve to see the real you-a happy,wholesome person with a zest for life.

Go girl ,you've got everything to gain and nothing to lose.

All the very best-will be thinking of you.
You'll get support,we all do when we need it.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:00 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Thanks Guys,

Hi

I can't say much about QLD. But I think you made the right choice.

I know it will be difficult in the begining not being single but to financially. Once things come through you will realize that glad I made that choice.

Don't worry it's your choice and be with it. Listen to both your heart as well as mind.

When you feel right about your choice you will be confident to handle anything even financials.

Cheers and best of luck.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:31 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys,

It probably will be hard to start with.....especially if you, like me, have been dependant financially on the man...but there are solutions out there...with the kids being a bit older it may be easier for you to get some extra casual work just to get over the initial lean periods......but you will be ok!!! How do I know this?? - because you are a young, strong woman.....and us women survive ANYTHING!!!! Men think we cant live without em....and it galls them to see us succceed at anything (sorry guys)
I get cold feet all the time...and we are having quite an amicable split (despite his protests I know he feels the same as me - relationship dead a long time ago etc)...but the future free of him is what I think about to get me back on track....hold on to your dreams!
YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!!!

sue
Old Apr 18th 2004, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Here is an update on leaving................

Had huge row on Friday night, kids crying etc., etc., told him I was leaving etc etc.,.,.,., and to cut a long story short I am sitting here on the computer, just me and the kids...............he moved out yesterday.......now living the other side of town in a caravan.......told him I DID NOT want him back......we both work in town.........agreed it was over! Will be going to Centrelink tomorrow after work to put my claim in and hopefully in a couple of weeks we can sit down and plan the future regarding kids, maintenance, mortgage etc., so..................even though I feel like I've been pulled through hedge backwards I am now optimistic about the future.............actually love being here on my own (16 year old still in bed!) daughter watching Austar! Now dont have to worry about driving across the country by myself, and finding somewhere to live. He is going to real estates on Monday to find a rental property of his own.
Watch this space.............
Many thanks to all of you who have offered help and support, things might still not work out and I might still come across to Mackay/Rockhampton - you never know.
Cheers
Sally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.