Leasing Cars

Old Apr 13th 2004, 1:00 pm
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leasing Cars

Anyone leased a car after arriving in Oz - any ideas on cost for something nice/modern - i.e. BMW 3 series etc. Any links would be fab.

Ta muchly
Old Apr 13th 2004, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out the usual car rental companys (Avis, Budget, Hertz...etc)

We hired the smallest / cheapest we could get away with from Budget until we found a car to buy.

Must say Budget's service was excellent. We originally hired the car for 2 weeks (booked on-line in UK); extended it another week (over the phone); then extended it again for another 4 days (another phone call). The nice thing is they kept reducing the per day cost the longer we had the car, and finalised the account on a rate for the total hire period of 25 days, resulting in a refund.

You shouldn't have any dramas, same as in UK.

Cheers mate, Mr Booboo (Mrs Booboo already )
Old Apr 14th 2004, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leasing Cars

Originally posted by lostkiwi
Anyone leased a car after arriving in Oz - any ideas on cost for something nice/modern - i.e. BMW 3 series etc. Any links would be fab.

Ta muchly
For leasing there is a great scheme which can be used for saving tax, called novated leases. Only good if you are working of course.....essentially done through your employer and all running costs for the vehicle - fuel, etc, are above the line for tax purposes.

If you have longish journies to get to work by car I am told that it is a very good deal. Do a search on novated leases and you should find more information.

Steve