Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Learning to drive

Learning to drive

Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Learning to drive

We are moving to Sydney and my partner wants to learn to drive, has anyone done this over in Aus? Does anyone know if it is harder than the UK test? Can she do a intensive course?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Learning to drive

Originally Posted by verystormy
We are moving to Sydney and my partner wants to learn to drive, has anyone done this over in Aus? Does anyone know if it is harder than the UK test? Can she do a intensive course?
Wendys the best to ask this to as she has just passed her test in Adelaide
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learning to drive

NSW is different to Adelaide, in that you need 120 hours of driving experience before you can go for your P Plates http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...ex.html?llid=1

Here it was only 50 hours for me via the log book, then you pass a compentency test (25 minute drive), or you can just sit a driving test (a bit like the UK) without the hours.

If you're off to Sydney, then I'd say do it before you come