Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

learning to drive

learning to drive

Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:08 pm
AJ100

AJ100 is on a distinguished road
Post learning to drive

when my daughter passes her driving test here. could she convert this to a full licence in perth. or does she have to pass any more tests when she arrives due to length of time holding a licence here. and driving experience.
or would it be better to wait till we are in perth to take driving test
thanks
andy
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: learning to drive

Originally Posted by AJ100
when my daughter passes her driving test here. could she convert this to a full licence in perth. or does she have to pass any more tests when she arrives due to length of time holding a licence here. and driving experience.
thanks
andy
tough one that, I know in Queensland the applicant has to take a theory test to get a licence. Although a few states now offer a straight swap.

Then the question of course of experience, not sure on this one, I think they have R plates in Oz for 12 months so that might come into effect.

Anyone from WA got any answers?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 3:47 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AJ100
thanks
andy
I've just recently passed and as far as I was aware once you have a full UK licence then that's that....apart from undertaking whatever the norm is for that state. Queensland is a theory test.

Think this is right but if anyone else is better informed then would love to hear.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 26th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stitch
I've just recently passed and as far as I was aware once you have a full UK licence then that's that....apart from undertaking whatever the norm is for that state. Queensland is a theory test.

Think this is right but if anyone else is better informed then would love to hear.

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks for that Ginny, I just passed my test last week and was wondering what the score would be over there, imagine if you did have to another practical test :scared:
Old Sep 26th 2005, 3:52 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Thanks for that Ginny, I just passed my test last week and was wondering what the score would be over there, imagine if you did have to another practical test :scared:
ARGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! I only passed two weeks ago!

Congratulations

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stitch
ARGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! I only passed two weeks ago!

Congratulations

Cheers

Ginny

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TOO