Reload this Page >

Learning Australian Accent

Learning Australian Accent

Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Learning Australian Accent

Hi Folks,

Do anyone of you know any website or any document which I can find to learn the Australian accent and style of speaking. Just finding it hard to find one

Regards,
Krishna
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learning Australian Accent

Never heard of one. I think only Australians or people who have lived here since being young can speak with an Aussie accent, even actors when they have to put one on do not sound like Aussies they overdue it.

Why would you want one anyway
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

There must be some sort of course somewhere.... otherwise how come all these Telemarketers in Mumbai try to make some sort of feeble attempt of an Aussie accent trying to fool me into thinking that they are in Australia...
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:26 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krishnaecetech
Hi Folks,

Do anyone of you know any website or any document which I can find to learn the Australian accent and style of speaking. Just finding it hard to find one

Regards,
Krishna
please tell me your not serious

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
There must be some sort of course somewhere.... otherwise how come all these Telemarketers in Mumbai try to make some sort of feeble attempt of an Aussie accent trying to fool me into thinking that they are in Australia...
and why are they always called gary
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

TheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really nice

Hi Folks,

Regards,
Krishna
G'day bruce, throw another shrimp on the barbie cobber! Why do you want to talk like an Aussie if your not?
Reminds me of that daft premiere woman we have here in NSW. Shes a yank and up until a few months ago talked like a yank. Now shes the head cheese she's adopted this ridiculous pseudo Aussie accent, makes me cringe everytime i have to hear her talking.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o

Rather sad isn't it
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:30 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Rather sad isn't it
just awaiting the

"its a perfectly reasonable request why are you laughing brigade"

aka the will my curtains fit the windows in aus and can i take a car ferry from the uk to aus threads

Last edited by steve`o; Feb 24th 2010 at 8:36 am.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Some people often confuse a South London accent with an Aussie accent.. Maybe they picked it up from Del & Rodders mate Gary

Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We've never had Gary. We've had a few James and a Steve They don't actually sound Australian though, do they?

Mix with enough Australians, do the upward tilt at the end of a sentence which should finish with an 'eh' or 'but' and you'll be good.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

just awaiting the

"its a perfectly reasonable request why are you laughing brigade"

aka the will my curtains fit the windows in aus and can i take a car ferry from the uk to aus threads
I think the OP is asking how he can understand the accent since English is not his first language. I know I found it difficult at first to understand what was being said and I do speak English.

Krishna, sorry to say you're just going to have to get used to it. Try watching Australian television like the news, Aussie made TV shows, etc. It takes some time to understand it, but you'll get it eventuallly.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:06 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

If you're looking for stuff with sound then these two links may (or may not help):
http://www.e-phrase.com.au/
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aussi...93128394?mt=8#

The e-phrase one definitely has sound clips although to get more you'd have to pay. It might be cheaper to watch tv with the closed captioning on to get the English translation in words.

The iPhone app is cheap ($1) but it doesn't mention having sound clips and you'd need an iPhone.

Here's a few links on the slang (no sound though):
http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
http://www.monash.edu/lls/llonline/q...lian-slang.xml
http://www.australianaustralia.com/page/AussieSlang/197
http://www.aussieslang.com/slang/australian-slang-a.asp
http://www.upfromaustralia.com/aussieslang.html
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,

Regards,
Krishna
Just hold your nose when you're speaking and we'll understand you
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for your help. Dorothy you are right English is not my native language. But I do communicate good english I was just trying to modulate it in such a way that Australian people can understand them. I know that Australians can understand normal english but just trying to add up some extra spices in mine so that it looks australian . Will try to follow up with your advices guys.. Thanks a lot.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:25 pm

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

Juts keep pausing regularly in every sentence and take the pitch of your voice up higher before you pause and at the end of a sentence.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for your help. Dorothy you are right English is not my native language. But I do communicate good english I was just trying to modulate it in such a way that Australian people can understand them. I know that Australians can understand normal english but just trying to add up some extra spices in mine so that it looks australian . Will try to follow up with your advices guys.. Thanks a lot.
Don't try to change your accent Krishna. Australians are used to a widee range of accents and given time it will change on its own. When I talk to people now 3 1/2 years on I can hear how much my accent has changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.