learner driver

Old May 13th 2005, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default learner driver

Hi Guys

I am learning to drive in england at the mo and im pretty crap, failed my first test miserably. Anyways I intend to pass before I get to aus but will I have to take another test when I get there, if so I think i may die!!
Old May 13th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: learner driver

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi Guys

I am learning to drive in england at the mo and im pretty crap, failed my first test miserably. Anyways I intend to pass before I get to aus but will I have to take another test when I get there, if so I think i may die!!

Other states may be different but in QLD you just have to take the theory within 3 months of arriving.
Think WA just get new licence
Old May 13th 2005, 1:26 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Hi laura, Long time no speak. How are you doing? Sorry to hear about your test but I am sure you will get there in the end If I remember correctly you are moving to Queensland so the answer is YES you do need to do your test but luckily its only the theory test and not the driving. I will have to do my test again when I get there too so fingers crossed for both of us

Anymore news on your visa yet?
Julie
Old May 13th 2005, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Hi Guys

In WA you just show your UK licence and your passport and you are issued your new licence. (Prior to Jan this year you would have had to sit a theory test)
Old May 13th 2005, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Thanks guys and phew theory I can hadle (passed 100%) its the actual driving im hopeless at.lol

Hi Julie

Im good ta, not been on for a while as trying not to get to excited, dont think we will be going until oct 06, which is too long away. Hence not applied for visa yet, shouldnt take long anyway only a spouse visa needed for hubbie

On the plus side our house sale completes on 31st and we move into rented so at least when were ready we can just go.

What about you? Hows things?

Laura
Old May 13th 2005, 2:31 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys and phew theory I can hadle (passed 100%) its the actual driving im hopeless at.lol

Hi Julie

Im good ta, not been on for a while as trying not to get to excited, dont think we will be going until oct 06, which is too long away. Hence not applied for visa yet, shouldnt take long anyway only a spouse visa needed for hubbie

On the plus side our house sale completes on 31st and we move into rented so at least when were ready we can just go.

What about you? Hows things?

Laura
Hi Laura, things are good thanks, not much happening with the visa as yet but we are now planning to visit Oz in November for a couple of weeks.It is not definate yet though as we have to see if we can afford it. Our friends who live there have offered to put us up which was really good of them so we will see. I just want to visit to put my mind at rest. We wont be going to live there til next June or July though so like you we shouldnt get too excited yet but I cant help myself.

Glad to hear you have sold your house, thats really good news . Have you found your rented accomodation yet?

I had noticed you hadnt been on expats of late, glad you are ok though as I wondered where you were. Are you having a few tonight??
Julie
Old May 13th 2005, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Hi Laura, things are good thanks, not much happening with the visa as yet but we are now planning to visit Oz in November for a couple of weeks.It is not definate yet though as we have to see if we can afford it. Our friends who live there have offered to put us up which was really good of them so we will see. I just want to visit to put my mind at rest. We wont be going to live there til next June or July though so like you we shouldnt get too excited yet but I cant help myself.

Glad to hear you have sold your house, thats really good news . Have you found your rented accomodation yet?

I had noticed you hadnt been on expats of late, glad you are ok though as I wondered where you were. Are you having a few tonight??
Julie
sounds good.we thought about visiting but cash is tighter than we first thought (bummer)

Yes found somewhere to rent, much more of a nightmare than i thought with having 2 cats but get a nice little 2 bed in suburbia for £440 per month. we get the keys on the 23rd. wish we were off to aus now though.

Im off to my friends for girly night so no doubt will drink a little bit of wine (more likely a bottle) What about you?
Old May 13th 2005, 3:19 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

sounds good.we thought about visiting but cash is tighter than we first thought (bummer)

Yes found somewhere to rent, much more of a nightmare than i thought with having 2 cats but get a nice little 2 bed in suburbia for £440 per month. we get the keys on the 23rd. wish we were off to aus now though.

Im off to my friends for girly night so no doubt will drink a little bit of wine (more likely a bottle) What about you?

Sounds like heaven!! I just love girly night in, me and my friends often do it and get a take away and a chick flick.

Me and hubby had planned to have our tea in the garden as it was lovely today but looks a bit cold now so I think we will sit in but we will be having a few drinks (its the law on a Friday night after a long week at work) I finish in 10 mins and it cant come quick enough.

So a few drinks with your friends then? What about your other half? (I am sure he will have a few too??)
Julie
Old May 13th 2005, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Sounds like heaven!! I just love girly night in, me and my friends often do it and get a take away and a chick flick.

Me and hubby had planned to have our tea in the garden as it was lovely today but looks a bit cold now so I think we will sit in but we will be having a few drinks (its the law on a Friday night after a long week at work) I finish in 10 mins and it cant come quick enough.

So a few drinks with your friends then? What about your other half? (I am sure he will have a few too??)
Julie
Hi Julie

Think ive missed you prob on your way home, if not have a top weekend, the weather should get warmer soon. Wish I was finishing 1 hr to go

chat later

Laura x
Old May 13th 2005, 10:07 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

If you pass the test in the UK you should not need to do the driving test again in Australia. However those who have had a full licence for less than three years may be subject to probationary driver restrictions - see the website for the state/territory you plan to live in.

Jeremy
Old May 16th 2005, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you pass the test in the UK you should not need to do the driving test again in Australia. However those who have had a full licence for less than three years may be subject to probationary driver restrictions - see the website for the state/territory you plan to live in.

Jeremy

Thanks for that information, probationary driver I can handle.
Old May 16th 2005, 10:02 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Thanks for that information, probationary driver I can handle.
Hi Laura, Sorry, I missed you on Friday. How did your girly night go? Hope you had a good time and got very drunk!!!

Hope to see you on here again soon
Take care
Julie