law degree

Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:24 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default law degree

hi folks
wonder if anyone in the know (or even in) the legal profession can give me some advice? I started a law degree a couple of years ago, gaining credits at each level along the way, but not completeing the final year (twas a wee bit difficult to sit finals 2 months after giving birth to twins!).
Thing is, would I be able to get any credit for the modules I have done? Are you able to gain any credit for previous study? Or would it be back to the beginning for me??
any advice gratefully received......and the first round is on me!!!

cheers

sue
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: law degree

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi folks
wonder if anyone in the know (or even in) the legal profession can give me some advice? I started a law degree a couple of years ago, gaining credits at each level along the way, but not completeing the final year (twas a wee bit difficult to sit finals 2 months after giving birth to twins!).
Thing is, would I be able to get any credit for the modules I have done? Are you able to gain any credit for previous study? Or would it be back to the beginning for me??

cheers

sue
If u got twins u already earnt lots of credits even if you aint got a wig yet
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:48 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending on the institute you could claim credit on either a subject by subject basis (match each subject to those you have already completed and claim credit) or a block exemption (this would generally require some agreement between institutions).

Regardless, most degree granting institutes would not give exemptions for more than half of all credit units.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: law degree

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi folks

cheers

sue
]

why not you write to the universities in Aust where you intent to continue your degree.

I suppose it is all depends on the particular university.

In Australia there are some compulsory subjects you must take in your LL.B degree before the admission authority will admit you to practise, like Australia Constituitional law.

Hope that give you a starting point to do your research.