Laundry

Old May 19th 2005, 12:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laundry

Is Oxydol available there ..my wife just told me its the best
http://www.the-extreme-clean.com/products.html
Old May 19th 2005, 12:32 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Is Oxydol available there ..my wife just told me its the best
http://www.the-extreme-clean.com/products.html
Ray, that's invaluable, cheers mate
Old May 19th 2005, 12:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
Ray, that's invaluable, cheers mate
From what I'm told always get the one with added bleach ...its better apparently but does a few more cents ...
Old May 19th 2005, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

in oz do they have biological and non biological washing powders as my little one needs non bio she has very sensitive skin?
Old May 19th 2005, 12:38 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
From what I'm told always get the one with added bleach ...its better apparently but does a few more cents ...
Ray Thank-you for sharing this information.

Do you know if this is available in the Middle East?
As per my previous posts, We have many a debate down the pub and at kick-boxing class about the lack of quality cleaning products in the UAE.

Im hoping that perhaps they may be available, but rebranded for this market (and as such adding to my confusion). I will google and keep you posted as to how my detergent adventure pans out !!

Kind Regards
JD
Old May 19th 2005, 12:41 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by island.girl
in oz do they have biological and non biological washing powders as my little one needs non bio she has very sensitive skin?
Hello Island Girl, I have just telephoned my uncle in Perth, and he said that yes, they have both Biological and non-biological powers (various brands)

However, I cannot possibly comment on other parts of Australia.

Where about are you moving to and I can find out. Walla1 has sent me a list of all the consumer helpline numbers and i can call on your behalf.

Kind Regards
Jd
Old May 19th 2005, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Because its slightly related, i thought that i'd post this.

Our trusty HOTPOINT washing machie has finally started to play up. I'm not complaining , we've had 8 years out of it. However, trying to get an Aussie washing machine guy come and repair it is proving fruitless.
Basically they don't want to know, cause its a UK built machine. Something to bear in mind for those of you who are just about to come over!!!!

Whats annoying is that it's only a leak, but with all the electrics flying around, the missus is not too happy. I've had a good go myself at it, but without a manual, and access to proper spare parts its hard work. Fixing a leak, i turned up at the local plumbing shop with an o-ring to replace, and the reply was, "sorry mate, go and visit the boat or pool shop, we've nothing like that!!!!!"

Looks like I'm going (reluctantly) shopping! Oh, my wife has a smile on her face
Old May 19th 2005, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walla1
that's a good point ABC.

who uses a rotary line and who uses a static one?

I can't use either at the mo as my dog is a puppy and he rips all the clothes off the line. LOL
Hello Walla - we use a rotary washing line, and have found it very versatile.

On days when you don't have washing to do, you can throw a nice crisp sheet over it, and hey presto you have a ready made gazebo.
Old May 19th 2005, 12:49 pm
Ray

Hi JD ... I just done a bit of research on Oxydoyl ...and amazingly my mum used it years ago before she changed to Ariel ...

But interestly it originally introduced in 1927, Oxydol was Procter & Gamble's first laundry detergent. From its start Oxydol paved the way in marketing techniques, from door-to-door sampling to metal "coin" coupons (later to be replaced with paper) to "slice of life" magazine cartoon ads. It was Oxydol that put the soap in "soap opera" when it created the genre through its sponsorship of the radio show "Ma Perkins" in 1933.

I dont know its availability worldwide ..its no longer owned by P&G but by
http://www.redoxbrands.com/ an email to them may help ...
Old May 19th 2005, 12:50 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
Because its slightly related, i thought that i'd post this.

Our trusty HOTPOINT washing machie has finally started to play up. I'm not complaining , we've had 8 years out of it. However, trying to get an Aussie washing machine guy come and repair it is proving fruitless.
Basically they don't want to know, cause its a UK built machine. Something to bear in mind for those of you who are just about to come over!!!!

Whats annoying is that it's only a leak, but with all the electrics flying around, the missus is not too happy. I've had a good go myself at it, but without a manual, and access to proper spare parts its hard work. Fixing a leak, i turned up at the local plumbing shop with an o-ring to replace, and the reply was, "sorry mate, go and visit the boat or pool shop, we've nothing like that!!!!!"

Looks like I'm going (reluctantly) shopping! Oh, my wife has a smile on her face
Sorry to hear about your washing machine woes....Hotpoint (who IMHO are one of the finest manufacturers of cleansing machines) recently have been suffering from quality control.
If you wish i can give the address of some hotpoint forums, or indeed there many even be some ex-hotpoint washing machine repair men who have emigrated to Australia.
Good luck in your hunt my friend!

Last edited by Jammy_Dodgers; May 19th 2005 at 12:55 pm.
Old May 19th 2005, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Hello Island Girl, I have just telephoned my uncle in Perth, and he said that yes, they have both Biological and non-biological powers (various brands)

Where about are you moving to and I can find out. Walla1 has sent me a list of all the consumer helpline numbers and i can call on your behalf.

Kind Regards
Jd
you may also be interested to know that there is also fabric conditioner for those with delicate skin, as you yourself have.
I would recommend 'Fluffy - Soft as a baby's botty'.

As a nurse, I would also recommend that you get someone to massage Zinc and Castor oil into the affected area daily
Old May 19th 2005, 12:58 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
you may also be interested to know that there is also fabric conditioner for those with delicate skin, as you yourself have.
I would recommend 'Fluffy - Soft as a baby's botty'.

As a nurse, I would also recommend that you get someone to massage Zinc and Castor oil into the affected area daily
Thank you for your input CG.
I have a strict ethical code and cannot use any cosmetics or cleaners if they are tested on animals.
Do you know if the makers of "Fluffy" participate in humane product testing or not ??
Thanks in advance
JD
Old May 19th 2005, 1:03 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Kind Regards
Jd
other than the info I've mailed you JD I've nothing else to add

Priceless
Old May 19th 2005, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

Thank you for your input CG.
I have a strict ethical code and cannot use any cosmetics or cleaners if they are tested on animals.
Do you know if the makers of "Fluffy" participate in humane product testing or not ??
Thanks in advance
JD
Why do you think it is called 'Fluffy' ?
Old May 19th 2005, 1:05 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Why do you think it is called 'Fluffy' ?
Because they test it on little bunnies by pippeting it into their eyes and orifices ????

No CG NO!! tell me this isnt so. !!

I have to google this immediately....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.