Reload this Page >

Lateral Transfer from British Army to ADF

Lateral Transfer from British Army to ADF

Old Jun 23rd 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

peterandtasha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lateral Transfer from British Army to ADF

hi
I'm currently serving in the Royal Engineers and have just started the chain (well filled in expression of interest & sent CV), to hopefully fingers crossed join the Australian Defence Force, what I would like to know what is the exact process and how long it all approximately takes and any hint and tips that could help smooth the way for the transfer and speed things up.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lateral Transfer from British Army to ADF

Sorry I can't help you with your query but just to alay any fears about the tranfer. The British and Australian army are very similar, with the same rank structure and culture.

In fact even the fry up in the morning is the same.

I wish you luck for your application.

Keel
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 6:21 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peterandtasha
hi
I'm currently serving in the Royal Engineers and have just started the chain (well filled in expression of interest & sent CV), to hopefully fingers crossed join the Australian Defence Force, what I would like to know what is the exact process and how long it all approximately takes and any hint and tips that could help smooth the way for the transfer and speed things up.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Don't know about the army but the RAN generally quote 18 months from application to flying over.

I've currently got an application in with the RAN and you'll prob need the following:

1. Full Med and Dent docs. Had to fill in seperate request forms for each.
2. CV
3. Certified copies of educational and trade qualifications
4. Full service employment and training history
5. Conduct record history
6. Last 3 appraisals
7. You'll need a service medical including HIV and Hep A+B blood tests. If an old fart like me (35+) you'll also need a blood lipid test. htis can all be done by a forces scab lifter.

If selected then you'll also need a normal immigration medical for you and all dependants for the 121 Visa.

If you've got any other questions give me a shout
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

We did the transfer it ADF - moved here in 2009. As mentioned above, it took about 18 months from first applying.

The process has changed since then though and think things move quicker now. Ive heard that the interviews this year are in Oxford in August.

Have you looked at the orfis website? Stacks of good info on there.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions.