Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

last straw now im defo leaving UK

last straw now im defo leaving UK

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:36 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: last straw now im defo leaving UK

Originally Posted by the Brady gang
HI all, I am getting nearer our leaving date and getting all the normal voices in my head "is it the right thing to do" blah blah blah.
Then today I was talking to friends about one of my neighbours who has been a nightmare for the last year, weve saw him batter his sister in the street, threaten his friend with a knife in the street, the violence has been getting worse and worse so I have reported him to the police on many many occasions giving them details in abundance. Anyway things quietened down in last week or so. Just found out why he has been charged with MURDER of a young 19 year old boy. I am absolutely gutted and furious. The amount of times I called the police on him, the times I spoke to the community officer. The letter of all incidents advising them he was getting worse and still they did nothing. They came to my door and said they couldnt do anything. Not once did they go to his door and every time we called 999 the police took hours to respond and in turn missed the incidents.
Oh I know OZ has its troubles but today has made me realise if I am to start my own family it certainly wont be in the fekin country.
Sorry for rant but I am so upset a young mans life has been taken and I tried warning them. What can you do....
STINKS huh !!!!

Sounds as if , you had stayed there any longer, you may have murdered HIM !!

There are murders all over the world, statin the obvious I know, but I have a higher regard for the Police here, and their enforcement policies.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:20 am
Baba jo

the Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant future

thanks guys for all your replies, I have calmed down a little but when you hear all the other stories it just makes you mad that a persons life just means so little these days. What happened to the days your treacher could disipline you and the beat (who) police could kick you up the arse if you were out of line. What idiot thought up these human rights crap,
I'll tell you something, when I was a kid all it took was a look from mum or my dads threat of his slipper to make me think twice about being cheeky etc, it put me off big time from misbehaving. Look now, kids walk all over teachers and the police and especially their parents. bring back the old times, the days where there was authority and respect for elders. when your dad was allowed to threaten you with the back of his hand without being arrested for child abuse.

Im dreaming I know but it's a very nice thought dont you think.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:19 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys for all your replies, I have calmed down a little but when you hear all the other stories it just makes you mad that a persons life just means so little these days. What happened to the days your treacher could disipline you and the beat (who) police could kick you up the arse if you were out of line. What idiot thought up these human rights crap,
I'll tell you something, when I was a kid all it took was a look from mum or my dads threat of his slipper to make me think twice about being cheeky etc, it put me off big time from misbehaving. Look now, kids walk all over teachers and the police and especially their parents. bring back the old times, the days where there was authority and respect for elders. when your dad was allowed to threaten you with the back of his hand without being arrested for child abuse.

Im dreaming I know but it's a very nice thought dont you think.

I was having this conversation in the pub on last night. A chap there suggested that the decline in youth behaviour over the past 20 years or so can be directly traced to the ending of national service! He suggested that persons that failed to make the grade at school should have to do National Service for one or two years. Those who make the grade and go onto courses, university etc would become exempt. Those who didn't would at least have some kind of grounding in respect, discipline, ethics etc.

Any thoughts...?

S
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:36 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I was having this conversation in the pub on last night. A chap there suggested that the decline in youth behaviour over the past 20 years or so can be directly traced to the ending of national service! He suggested that persons that failed to make the grade at school should have to do National Service for one or two years. Those who make the grade and go onto courses, university etc would become exempt. Those who didn't would at least have some kind of grounding in respect, discipline, ethics etc.

Any thoughts...?

S
Funny thing that, I spoke with my Uncle at the weekend, he is ex forces (62 year old now).

I said I fully believed National Service should be brought back but he said in his time in the army he used to get really pee'd off with the lazy NS recruits and he said he would vote against it. He felt it did not work.

I have seen National Service close up after living in Israel and have to say that the ladies and gents go into service reasonably balanced but come out Arab hating and fairly bitter.

Not sure what needs to be done, but something does with the way the world is going
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:23 pm
Baba jo

the Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant future

If national service cant be brought back at some level then i think the goverment should start boot camps. 3 strikes and your in one and local neighbours and local police officers should get a say in it also.
The problem is politics and red tape, it takes too blooming long to do anything and these asbos are a laugh. we need a system where if they offend they are off, no waiting for trials or childrens panels, just whip them out the house and off to boot camp.
I would honestly say if I had any kids out of line in any way I would pay for them to go. But maybe we also need a parents boot camp, some of them are horrendous, you need a dog license but anyone can have kids. it doesnt make sense.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:24 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

If national service cant be brought back at some level then i think the goverment should start boot camps. 3 strikes and your in one and local neighbours and local police officers should get a say in it also.
The problem is politics and red tape, it takes too blooming long to do anything and these asbos are a laugh. we need a system where if they offend they are off, no waiting for trials or childrens panels, just whip them out the house and off to boot camp.
I would honestly say if I had any kids out of line in any way I would pay for them to go. But maybe we also need a parents boot camp, some of them are horrendous, you need a dog license but anyone can have kids. it doesnt make sense.
I have to agree but I am sure some mad do gooder would put a stop to it, we have all gone completely soft
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:27 pm
Baba jo

god never was there a truer word said,,
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

where in glasgow are u from?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:30 pm
Baba jo

I was brought up in Dennistoun now I'm in Cambuslang
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:35 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I was brought up in Dennistoun now I'm in Cambuslang
i can now see why you want out.
good luck to ya
i know you will hear.....same sh!t different bucket.....
i used to watch things like this all the time from my house in glasgow (govanhill) it became kinda normal. friends used to say that we didnt need a telly......outside was better than stv
been in oz about 18 months now and not seen anything like what we saw daily in the uk
thats just fact
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:45 pm
Baba jo

i lived in Bridgeton for 8 years and saw nothing, it was great, then bought a big house in Cambuslang and the neighbour has been horrendous, I even had a fight with him a few weeks ago they pulled all my trees out of the garden and threw them all over the road. I then went back to my east end roots I called them for everything and told them in great detail what I would do if they came near my house again, the old do you know who I am where I come from routine. Worked a treat. Then again me in my nightie is a frightening sight. But I must say since theive been charged with murder the place has been a joy to live in.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

i lived in Bridgeton for 8 years and saw nothing, it was great, then bought a big house in Cambuslang and the neighbour has been horrendous, I even had a fight with him a few weeks ago they pulled all my trees out of the garden and threw them all over the road. I then went back to my east end roots I called them for everything and told them in great detail what I would do if they came near my house again, the old do you know who I am where I come from routine. Worked a treat. Then again me in my nightie is a frightening sight. But I must say since theive been charged with murder the place has been a joy to live in.
no need to move then eh?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

you need a dog license but anyone can have kids. it doesnt make sense.

Too true. Anyone see the story of the 16 yr old who had triplets. The father is only 20 and has already got 2 kids by 2 other girls plus the triplets by a 3rd girl. Doesn't pay a penny in upkeep for them in case their benefits are affected.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:51 pm
Baba jo

I'd cut his boabie off
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd cut his boabie off

and pickle it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.