Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last seen running out of the building...

Last seen running out of the building...

Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Last seen running out of the building...

Will be handing my notice in at work soon as have loads of people I want to say goodbye to in UK and Amsterdam before I go to Aus - sod it, I'll just have a couple of months in Amsterdam

So then - what do you say or do to that boss you cannot stand as you walk/run out of the door for the last time......

Cas
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last seen running out of the building...

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Will be handing my notice in at work soon as have loads of people I want to say goodbye to in UK and Amsterdam before I go to Aus - sod it, I'll just have a couple of months in Amsterdam

So then - what do you say or do to that boss you cannot stand as you walk/run out of the door for the last time......

Cas
Going back a bit, but I used to work in a bookshop with a lady who was VERY prudish and kept refusing to stock sex manuals.......my parting shot was 30 copies of the Illustrated Karma Sutra, ordered from a publisher that wouldn't take returns! Apparently she nearly had a fit, but the books sold like hot cakes and she was ordered to keep restocking! Just wish I could've seen her face!!!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:01 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Cas
I parked in the bosses car space on the last day but she saw the funny side. I decided to be professional and not burn any bridges but it was so tempting to do a big fu to some.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Going back a bit, but I used to work in a bookshop with a lady who was VERY prudish and kept refusing to stock sex manuals.......my parting shot was 30 copies of the Illustrated Karma Sutra, ordered from a publisher that wouldn't take returns! Apparently she nearly had a fit, but the books sold like hot cakes and she was ordered to keep restocking! Just wish I could've seen her face!!!
Know what you mean - person I am thinking of has face liked a smacked arse!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My ba****rd of an ex-boss didn't like me, ignored me most of the time and then made me redundant. At a hastely (by him) produced "party" with really crap wine, he called across the office with a smug self satisfied tony blair type smile "guess you want to tip this over my head" to which the reply was "I wouldn't bother wasting drain cleaner on your head it wouldn't stop you being a jumped up little shit" and the rest of the office applauded. Boy did I feel good
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My ba****rd of an ex-boss didn't like me, ignored me most of the time and then made me redundant. At a hastely (by him) produced "party" with really crap wine, he called across the office with a smug self satisfied tony blair type smile "guess you want to tip this over my head" to which the reply was "I wouldn't bother wasting drain cleaner on your head it wouldn't stop you being a jumped up little shit" and the rest of the office applauded. Boy did I feel good
Great stuff !
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
I parked in the bosses car space on the last day but she saw the funny side. I decided to be professional and not burn any bridges but it was so tempting to do a big fu to some.
A guy who was leaving the last place that I worked in Oz - he quit the month before I did - got his own back in much the same way. Borrowed a car from a mate, so no-one knew whose it was, then parked in the bosses space every day for 2 weeks. The boss was a real git, and it just gave the rest of us so much pleasure to see him coming in every morning getting crosser and crosser, and yet not knowing who to have a go at!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:42 pm
settling in, finally

bawi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
I know what you feel like, had a colleague who made my life shit for one whole year. I was going to open a tin of fish, like tuna or sardines and hide it somewhere in her desk, maybe in the cable channels or so, but then I knew I needed references from my boss in the future and i also knew he would hear about it (funny thing is he would have found it so funny as the whole team thought that particular secretary was ....... put whatever swearword you can think of there).
So if you won't need references why not do that and see what happens in a few weeks time, when you will have left the building long time ago, make sure you keep in contact with some one who can email you what the face of the boss looked like
Barbara

Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:43 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Cas
dont say anything nasty. but remind him how good your life is gonna be from now on. when u leave make sure u have a huge smile on your face and to rub it in. tell your boss u wouldnt be where your are today if it wasnt for him. that should really piss him off.
then when u get to where your going, go to the nearest beach have a photo taken of you on the beach giving him the finger.
i think that should do the trick
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bawi
Hi there
I know what you feel like, had a colleague who made my life shit for one whole year. I was going to open a tin of fish, like tuna or sardines and hide it somewhere in her desk, maybe in the cable channels or so, but then I knew I needed references from my boss in the future and i also knew he would hear about it (funny thing is he would have found it so funny as the whole team thought that particular secretary was ....... put whatever swearword you can think of there).
So if you won't need references why not do that and see what happens in a few weeks time, when you will have left the building long time ago, make sure you keep in contact with some one who can email you what the face of the boss looked like
Barbara

Good references been obtained, so am/will be free to do or say pretty much what I like - lke Soapy says - sometimes the cruellest things can be said with kind words!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:52 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Good references been obtained, so am/will be free to do or say pretty much what I like - lke Soapy says - sometimes the cruellest things can be said with kind words!
he he he there someone knows how to do it
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:10 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by soapy
Tell your boss u wouldnt be where your are today if it wasnt for him.
I did exactly that.....he paid for me to do a Masters in Business......and a few years later I became his boss. All good things come to those who wait

PS. Don't burn any bridges....you might meet him/her somewhere else someday

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Sep 13th 2004 at 11:12 pm.

Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
I did exactly that.....he paid for me to do a Masters in Business......and a few years later I became his boss. All good things come to those who wait

PS. Don't burn any bridges....you might meet him/her somewhere else someday
Could always put 'date rape' drug in his coffee - that way you can what you want, but he'll never remember if seen again..
Cas
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO! I love this thread!

Hmmmm, lots of great ideas for the future.....

*rubs hands together conspiratorially*
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:23 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Cas
I had every intention of dropping my boss in it from a great height. I had plenty of reasons for feeling like this.

I could have soured a lot of relations with our customers. But in the end, I knew it would be my colleagues who would end up sorting out the mess.
So my conscience wouldn't let me.

In the end my parting shot was to reveal the boss for what he was worth - a lying, conniving waste of space.
I hope that he never recovered the karma I cost him!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.