Reload this Page >

last remaining relative

last remaining relative

Old Jun 26th 2003, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road
Default last remaining relative

Hi everyone

We are just having my husbands trade assessed and hope to be in oz in 18months to 2 years. We have a problem with my son who is 18. He will not be on our visa with our 2 daughters but on a work experience then we will apply for him as our last remaining relative.
Has anyone had a similar situation.

Sally
Old May 20th 2004, 1:07 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: last remaining relative

Originally posted by ovenater
Hi everyone

We are just having my husbands trade assessed and hope to be in oz in 18months to 2 years. We have a problem with my son who is 18. He will not be on our visa with our 2 daughters but on a work experience then we will apply for him as our last remaining relative.
Has anyone had a similar situation.

Sally
did u ever get an answer to this question, we would love to know.
Old May 20th 2004, 4:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: last remaining relative

Originally posted by soapy
did u ever get an answer to this question, we would love to know.
i need to know an answer to this, so im gonna keep it on the front page
Old May 20th 2004, 4:56 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot find the thread I asked a similar question on but you do need to look into this carefully (possibly meaning a decent agent).

Last remaining relative really does mean that, not just last remaining child, ie do they have other relatives/partner and their relatives in the country?

I was asking for my sister in England, brother in scotland but no contact and mother in spain.

It seems easier to sponsor them out, yes it still means the point system but they get 15 from you and the total needed is less - 110 I think at the moment, their trade needs to be on the SOL list.

Of course do not pay any attention to my information, check on the DIMIA site and if you think you are close still ask a decent agent. George Lombard or Allan Collette at GoMatilda - come to mind. Money for an agent in these cases is not wasted, cause if the application isn't right they can tell you and you will not waste an application fee to DIMIA.

Cheers Sandra
Old May 20th 2004, 5:09 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

hi! I would like some information on this also. (are you out there Alan Collett)? my hubby and I and two children will be coming out together. But.. I have two older sons from a previous marriage. they are over 18 and will have to do it alone. following us out shortly. My eldest worked in freight for a few years after finishing school. then he married and after a divorce (traumatic for him, broke his heart), we suggested he move back home and start over. He is back home and attending university full time now in IT training. so hes not working now and hasnt been for a little over a year. hes putting his all into getting a degree to get a better job afterwards. now we are afraid this will hurt him in points. so we are wondering if we get our PR visa can he come maybe on a working visa ? and then apply for PR later? does anyone know how this works?
Old May 20th 2004, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

I started this thread and was hoping for answers but found them on another site apparently you can have a last remaining relative if you have just one child left in england with no other brothers sisters wives babies even half and step. the child can have uncles and aunts but no immediate family left. I'm not sure what happens next but this is the criteria to start with.

hope this helps

by the way soapy i sent you a pm

sally
Old May 20th 2004, 10:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If your son is on a 'work experience' but still living at home and maintained by you, you should probably have him as a dependent on your existing PR application. If that's not been granted yet, seek professional advise *urgently*.

Remaining relative sponsorship may be possible later on, but you'll have to wait two years to be eligible to sponsor. And rules can change in the interim.

Processing times for remaining relative can be quite long.

Skilled sponsored may also be possible eventually, but you'd need two ATO tax returns at an acceptable level to do the assurance of support (which also applies to remaining relative).

There might be an opportunity to lodge a Dependent Child visa application of your PR visa has been granted. This could be the best option (other than having him on your PR visa), if he's eligible. You would have to explain why he was not included as a dependent on your PR visa application in the first place - it would be important not to risk visa cancellation. Definitely an issue for an experienced agent to handle - it's not a do-it-yourself area.

Jeremy

Originally posted by ovenater
I started this thread and was hoping for answers but found them on another site apparently you can have a last remaining relative if you have just one child left in england with no other brothers sisters wives babies even half and step. the child can have uncles and aunts but no immediate family left. I'm not sure what happens next but this is the criteria to start with.

hope this helps

by the way soapy i sent you a pm

sally
Old May 21st 2004, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

little miss c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JAJ
If your son is on a 'work experience' but still living at home and maintained by you, you should probably have him as a dependent on your existing PR application. If that's not been granted yet, seek professional advise *urgently*.

Remaining relative sponsorship may be possible later on, but you'll have to wait two years to be eligible to sponsor. And rules can change in the interim.

Processing times for remaining relative can be quite long.

Skilled sponsored may also be possible eventually, but you'd need two ATO tax returns at an acceptable level to do the assurance of support (which also applies to remaining relative).

There might be an opportunity to lodge a Dependent Child visa application of your PR visa has been granted. This could be the best option (other than having him on your PR visa), if he's eligible. You would have to explain why he was not included as a dependent on your PR visa application in the first place - it would be important not to risk visa cancellation. Definitely an issue for an experienced agent to handle - it's not a do-it-yourself area.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy
I included my son, who was 18 in Feb this year on our application(may 2003) as a dependant....did not know anything about proving he was dependant on us...so he started working....we have now been asked to prove that he is still dependant on us by ASPC, which of course we can't. I am waiting for my agent to return from holiday, but an associate said that we could remove him from our current application and then he could apply as last remaining relative.
She told me it would be quite a quick process? But reading this I understand the he would have to wait 2 years? Is there a risk that the whole family could get refused if we romove him from our application now?
Thanks for any advise
Old May 21st 2004, 2:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

try this search
http://67.15.12.206/forum/search.php...by=&sortorder=
it sould turn up some answers