Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At Last, My Turn, I GOT IT!!!!

At Last, My Turn, I GOT IT!!!!

Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default At Last, My Turn, I GOT IT!!!!

I've posted this on the immigration forum but thought I'd post on here as well.

Don't believe it but finally its my turn..................Got notification of my Spouse Visa today!!!!!!

As I've posted on a previous thread I didn't make a note of my tracking number for my prepaid Special Delivery Envelope which I included in my application for the return of my Passport. I finally found the number out today from the post office, but when I tried to use the track and trace on the PO website it said that it has been delivered?

So I was in a right flap and decided to go against perceived wisdom and contacted my case officer at AHC, I left a crawly message apologising for ringing and could he please tell me if my passport had actually been sent to me or not as I was worried it might have been lost in the post or nicked!

As soon as I put the phone down I thought "thats it then, you should have just waited you impatient b*gger"

Anywho, about an hour later, my very kind case officer rang and said that my Spouse Visa Subclass 100 had been granted, explaining that it had took a little longer than usual because I was a Catagory B on the medical and it had been refered to Aus. There was no problem and my Visa had been granted and would be in the post later today or tomorrow, he congratulated me and wished me the best of luck for the future.

I'd just like to thank everyone who has helped me keep relatively sane during the application process, with all their timely and sensible advice, and would like to wish all those still waiting the best of luck and make sure you hang on in there, your time WILL come!

I've just got back from my brother-in-laws and the wife's Sister, after a great evenings celebrations, and many a bottle of Aussie Red.

So once again many thanks! And this is when panic mode begins.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:30 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO good on ya
Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Congrats

footie chick x
Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news mate, well done.
Tony
Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:51 pm
WBB

another spouse type heading over, congratulations mate.

Old Jun 8th 2004, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the congrats peeps!

Just for your info here's my Timeline

May 11th - Sent front loaded spouse visa application to AHC London.

May 12th - Application arrived at AHC.

May 12th - Money taken from credit card.

May 29th - Acknowledgement letter recieved.

June 8th - Visa Granted (after panicky phone call to nice case officer!)

Also as an aside, I wonder if I hold the record for the highest BMI that has been granted a visa......now I used to do a lot of weight training and body building and am perceived as being a "Big Chap" but unfortunately since I stopped, the muscle is still there with a "small" layer of insulation over the top! .

Oh, my BMI at the medical? .............40!!!!

So don't panic too much about the medicals.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: At Last, My Turn, I GOT IT!!!!

Originally posted by PHIZA

Don't believe it but finally its my turn..................Got notification of my Spouse Visa today!!!!!!

As I've posted on a previous thread I didn't make a note of my tracking number for my prepaid Special Delivery Envelope which I included in my application for the return of my Passport. I finally found the number out today from the post office, but when I tried to use the track and trace on the PO website it said that it has been delivered?

So I was in a right flap and decided to go against perceived wisdom and contacted my case officer at AHC, I left a crawly message apologising for ringing and could he please tell me if my passport had actually been sent to me or not as I was worried it might have been lost in the post or nicked!

As soon as I put the phone down I thought "thats it then, you should have just waited you impatient b*gger"

Anywho, about an hour later, my very kind case officer rang and said that my Spouse Visa Subclass 100 had been granted, explaining that it had took a little longer than usual because I was a Catagory B on the medical and it had been refered to Aus. There was no problem and my Visa had been granted and would be in the post later today or tomorrow, he congratulated me and wished me the best of luck for the future.

I'd just like to thank everyone who has helped me keep relatively sane during the application process, with all their timely and sensible advice, and would like to wish all those still waiting the best of luck and make sure you hang on in there, your time WILL come!

I've just got back from my brother-in-laws and the wife's Sister, after a great evenings celebrations, and many a bottle of Aussie Red.

welldone where are you heading in perth, we are going end of september aswell, would love to hear from you allison delboys wife
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:26 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Brilliant news. Congratulations and all the best.

Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by delboy
welldone where are you heading in perth, we are going end of september aswell, would love to hear from you allison delboys wife
Cheers Allison, much appreciated.

We are initially aiming to go fairly central in Perth for a couple of weeks in a holiday let. We'll have a good look around but aim to head down south to Rockingham and hope to settle in this area.
Where abouts are you heading for?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Allison, much appreciated.

We are initially aiming to go fairly central in Perth for a couple of weeks in a holiday let. We'll have a good look around but aim to head down south to Rockingham and hope to settle in this area.
Where abouts are you heading for?
hi there ,we are heading for central perth, ocean reef ,kingsley ,hilarys ,joonadulup ,currumbine ,carrarmar one of these also quinns rock.
Have you been to perth before?,we went last october,lovely city we also quickly visited rockingham nice town,we are also going to rent holiday places for 1 month, who do you know of ,any good contacts?.
Have you any children ?,we have two boys ,one age 9 years old and one 18 months old, look forward to hearing from you
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations and good luck.

Lindsey