Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

last day of work!!! yeeeehaaa

last day of work!!! yeeeehaaa

Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

sooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the rough
Default last day of work!!! yeeeehaaa

Hi there,

Just thought id mention how its my last day of work in the UK!!! wwooooohhoooo....it now feels very real that we are off to Oz (Melb) in 9 days...cant wait now = wish it was this weekend we were flying out...

Anyway can i just ask - how many others have found the removal process VERY stressful??
Man we exchange with the house today so we didnt finish cleaning the house till 10 last night - i just kept finding drawers full of cr8p...i cannot believe we had that much stuff. We had the shipment come and fill a half crate last friday (Crown seem spot on so far...) and my husband has done at least 8 trips to the skip with just junk...i really hope i will be more relaxed today now the house will be sold and i have no more cleaning and sorting out to do!!!

I was thinking its harder because if it was just another removal - youd just box up everything (keeping the junk) and shuvel it from one house to the other rather than thinking do i really need this, is it worth taking to the other side of the world with me...

has anyone else felt the moving process is stressful?? i really hope thats the worst over - everything else up to now has been plain sailing...

all the best for your futures in oz ;-)
susan x
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: last day of work!!! yeeeehaaa

Originally Posted by sooz&abby
Hi there,

Just thought id mention how its my last day of work in the UK!!! wwooooohhoooo....it now feels very real that we are off to Oz (Melb) in 9 days...cant wait now = wish it was this weekend we were flying out...

Anyway can i just ask - how many others have found the removal process VERY stressful??
Man we exchange with the house today so we didnt finish cleaning the house till 10 last night - i just kept finding drawers full of cr8p...i cannot believe we had that much stuff. We had the shipment come and fill a half crate last friday (Crown seem spot on so far...) and my husband has done at least 8 trips to the skip with just junk...i really hope i will be more relaxed today now the house will be sold and i have no more cleaning and sorting out to do!!!

I was thinking its harder because if it was just another removal - youd just box up everything (keeping the junk) and shuvel it from one house to the other rather than thinking do i really need this, is it worth taking to the other side of the world with me...

has anyone else felt the moving process is stressful?? i really hope thats the worst over - everything else up to now has been plain sailing...

susan x
Yours sounds every bit as stressfull as ours...we had Crown in at 9am and whilst they were packing I was emptying junk out of drawers and packing up three cars to move across Scotland that afternoon....it has to be worth it, don't you think?
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

sooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: last day of work!!! yeeeehaaa

im glad someone else is experiencing it then!!! what a nightmare eh?

i just hope at the other end - i can lead a minamalist lifestyle!! ;-)

i never want to immigrate again (which is good) as i wont be coming back to the UK yeeeehaaaaa
yes its got too be worth it - cant wait now...which part of oz are you headed to? we're off to melb on 4th sept....
Old Aug 25th 2005, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi there,

susan x
Just wanted to wish you all the very best in your new life.

paula.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: last day of work!!! yeeeehaaa

im glad someone else is experiencing it then!!! what a nightmare eh?

i just hope at the other end - i can lead a minamalist lifestyle!! ;-)

i never want to immigrate again (which is good) as i wont be coming back to the UK yeeeehaaaaa
yes its got too be worth it - cant wait now...which part of oz are you headed to? we're off to melb on 4th sept....
We're off to Queensland (Bundaberg) on the 26th Sept!!!!! Still no accommodation, cars, bank accounts or anything set up. Don't know whether to laugh, cry or just go with the flow.......best of luck to you.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Jammy, can't wait for my last day at work in the UK. Best of luck with your new life
Old Aug 25th 2005, 4:27 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

susan x
Hope your last day at work went ok. Enjoy the rest of your time.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:19 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

My last day tomorrow... hooray...!!!we actually fly out on the 21st thou...shippers here next tuesday house completion on weds...and yes ...THIS IS THE MOST STRESSED IVE EVER BEEN...transfered the first lot of money today and that seemed like a trauma...it wasnt really its just me flapping...so I can totally understand how your feelin...glad it aint just me...
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

My last day also tommorrow...hehe and fly the 23rd. I was thinking about asking anyone if they wanted anything from the shop, like a can of drink, about 3 o'clock and never come back ever

As to stressful - Our lives have been on hold for over two year now building up to these last few days. With all the major family emotion thing to come and the uprooting of our lives to be packed and shipped into a container, the dog sent to solitary for a month and not to mention the expense...I can only say....

Bring it on