Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At last..Brisbane on the 27th

At last..Brisbane on the 27th

Old Oct 20th 2004, 9:02 am
magone

magone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default At last..Brisbane on the 27th

After 2 years planning and so many set backs , we are finially off to Brisbane on the 27th.

Things I won't forget...........

1.The lawyers, ours great ,,, theirs should be hung.
2.The Banks ,,,,,,,,should all be shot for robbing every penny they can.
3.Car dealers,,,,,,,,,,have they no conscience??How come the car you have to sell is always the worst and theirs is always the best??
4.House buyers,,,,,,,,,if you are'nt going to bother turning up after us cleaning the house like 2 crazy people , screaming at the kids not to dare eat or sit or move ,,then why not ring to cancel .
5. Estate agents,,,,,,,,,,,how come they never know when to shut up?I know when I'm being lied to, I do !!

Things I would'ent trade for anything..........

1.The look on my childrens faces at their leaving party with all their friends .I could feel the tears in my eyes.At aged 2, 7 and 8 they have already made such great friends.
2.My in-laws,for all the help and support and for always being there!
3. Our friends for the great send off we got .
4. To everyone of you on this forum who have helped with your advice and threads , you have all been a mountain of knowledge , we would never have able to get through all this without you all .
Many many thanks.

So its off to either the Gold Coast or Samford ,I will keep you posted as to the complete process,good and bad.

Frances and Adrian.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 9:59 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: At last..Brisbane on the 27th

Originally Posted by magone
After 2 years planning and so many set backs , we are finially off to Brisbane on the 27th.

Things I won't forget...........

1.The lawyers, ours great ,,, theirs should be hung.
2.The Banks ,,,,,,,,should all be shot for robbing every penny they can.
3.Car dealers,,,,,,,,,,have they no conscience??How come the car you have to sell is always the worst and theirs is always the best??
4.House buyers,,,,,,,,,if you are'nt going to bother turning up after us cleaning the house like 2 crazy people , screaming at the kids not to dare eat or sit or move ,,then why not ring to cancel .
5. Estate agents,,,,,,,,,,,how come they never know when to shut up?I know when I'm being lied to, I do !!

Things I would'ent trade for anything..........

1.The look on my childrens faces at their leaving party with all their friends .I could feel the tears in my eyes.At aged 2, 7 and 8 they have already made such great friends.
2.My in-laws,for all the help and support and for always being there!
3. Our friends for the great send off we got .
4. To everyone of you on this forum who have helped with your advice and threads , you have all been a mountain of knowledge , we would never have able to get through all this without you all .
Many many thanks.

So its off to either the Gold Coast or Samford ,I will keep you posted as to the complete process,good and bad.

Frances and Adrian.
Best of luck and enjoy your new life.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 10:06 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

All the best guys. Good luck in Brissy.

Paul.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 11:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great flight and an even better life
Old Oct 20th 2004, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Good luck with the move. We made the move to Samford about 14months ago and havent looked back since.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:21 pm
magone

magone is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks guys.
Wendy and Mike,
did you buy or rent in Samford,do you find it far to travell to the city or do you work locally.It sounds like a wonderful place to live , looking forward to seeing it all ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only a few more days to go.P.S. what are the schools like there ?????????