Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Large palm trees needed

Large palm trees needed

Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:15 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Large palm trees needed

Hi guys. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good place to buy some decent size palm trees from (3 metres or so) We are not far from Hillarys, so anywhere around that area, would be great, but dont mind travelling 30 or 40 kms or so either.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:39 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Large palm trees needed

*bump*
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Hi guys. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good place to buy some decent size palm trees from (3 metres or so) We are not far from Hillarys, so anywhere around that area, would be great, but dont mind travelling 30 or 40 kms or so either.
I am hunting for sun hardened Kentia Palms myself. There is a palm nursery southern end of the freeway on Johnston Road, exit right onto Mortimer Road off the freeway, Johnston is the next left. I know it's a bit of a drive from the northern side but it's the only one I know of. I am going there this afternoon myself to have a look, I am landscaping around my pool and have been advised Kentia's are the best palm to plant around a pool.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:03 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

The one on the corner of Gnangara and Wanneroo (sorry can't remember the name) is alright. They have palms in varying sizes and I know they have Kentia because I got some
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:56 am
Karma earned, not whored

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
The one on the corner of Gnangara and Wanneroo (sorry can't remember the name) is alright. They have palms in varying sizes and I know they have Kentia because I got some
I think its called Palm City, we normally go there, but went yesterday to find they only had a few palms and all were very small. In response to the previous post, that is exactly what we want them for too, to put around our pool, so heres hoping! Thanks to both, anymore would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:49 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I think its called Palm City, we normally go there, but went yesterday to find they only had a few palms and all were very small. In response to the previous post, that is exactly what we want them for too, to put around our pool, so heres hoping! Thanks to both, anymore would be greatly appreciated.
There's a house on Grantham St in Floreat that I drive past that grows Palms and has a for sale sign out the front, i've seen a few people pull over and pop in.
If your down that way its at the end of Grantham where it meets the Boulevard at the roundabout near Wembley Golf Course, Head away from the roundabout and its on your right hand side a few hundred metres along. I have no idea what types they are though im afraid.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:28 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's the one! They usually have loads in!
I'm looking for bamboo - anyone know where I can get it?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:14 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I know where there are some big ones!!!

Drive down The Boulevard at City Beach.... Turn left onto Grantham Road (or street?) which will eventually take you through to Leederville.

As you leave the roundabout at The Boulevard... one of the first houses on the right has about three LARGE palms, with a sign saying PALM TREES FOR SALE!!!

Cheers
Neil.

I really should read the posts before me..... I've just repeated the previous poster! :-)
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

if your willing to dig some out I have a few you can have. Various sizes. Live in Leeming SOR but there free. Some tall some small if you want them PM me
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:17 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to come down to SA ,i have 3 x20 ft Kentias you can have......mm
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:39 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

hey mate,you sure you want em,my neighbour has just cut hers down,she reckons their a nightmare..

hey i know where you can get balckboys...
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

I went to the palm nursery I mentioned in a previous post and they are now closed down, bu99er. I am in the southern suburbs if anyone knows anywhere.

It's too late to transplant palms now, it needs to be done in winter so the palm can get settled in before the heat of summer. It's ok planting from a pot though. The good thing about Kentia's around a pool is the roots aren't invasive and won't damage the pool walls if planted near the pool. They don't have flowers or berries that are going to drop mess in a pool either.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

The PC name now is Grass Trees.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:51 am
Karma earned, not whored

Originally Posted by smee
I went to the palm nursery I mentioned in a previous post and they are now closed down, bu99er. I am in the southern suburbs if anyone knows anywhere.

It's too late to transplant palms now, it needs to be done in winter so the palm can get settled in before the heat of summer. It's ok planting from a pot though. The good thing about Kentia's around a pool is the roots aren't invasive and won't damage the pool walls if planted near the pool. They don't have flowers or berries that are going to drop mess in a pool either.
Thanks for that, Its definitely Kentias we are after.............we just cant find any of a decent size.........does anyone know where to buy larger palms from????????
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

I am going out shortley to check out a lead someone has given me about a nursery in Jandakot. I will let you know how I get on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.