laptop on a whv

Old Aug 27th 2003, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default laptop on a whv

Thinking of buying and taking a laptop to oz with me on my working holiday visa next year is this wise?

I know there is plenty of internet cafes etc and i might be in some hostels during my time there but not always i will be staying with relatives for some of the time and could leave items there if wanted and i thought using and traveling with my own laptop would be handy and use a webcam to keep in touch at home etc.

Has anyone else taken there laptop over to oz on a working holiday visa and can they tell me what they thought or recommend.

I am thinking of getting one and not sure if to take it with me
Old Aug 27th 2003, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

QueenOfMunich will become famous soon enoughQueenOfMunich will become famous soon enough
Default Re: laptop on a whv

Hi Brian,

A few weeks ago I had to return my old Dell-laptop (Windows 2000) to my former employer (I'm a freelance journalist).

Because I'm an internet addict I had to have a new one immediately. I decided for an ibook (Mac OS X) with a 12,1" screen, incl. ethernet & modem. The battery lasts about 5 hrs, and the ibook is really small - small enough for my little backpack. By the way, it's easy to use, too - even when you are used to use Windows.

I checked the price in Australia, but it was about the same as in Germany.

Hope this was some help?
Old Aug 27th 2003, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by brian.w
Thinking of buying and taking a laptop to oz with me on my working holiday visa next year is this wise?

I know there is plenty of internet cafes etc and i might be in some hostels during my time there but not always i will be staying with relatives for some of the time and could leave items there if wanted and i thought using and traveling with my own laptop would be handy and use a webcam to keep in touch at home etc.

Has anyone else taken there laptop over to oz on a working holiday visa and can they tell me what they thought or recommend.

Best deal I've found is from www.pcsurplus.com.au

I've just ordered a Compaq P4 laptop that would be £1800 in the UK for £890
Old Aug 27th 2003, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

stavros is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by brian.w

Ive got a sony pentium III for sale was £1600 2 years ago. Its been very reliable and is in good working nick.
If you are interested email me at [email protected]